Casual Game(s?) Legion vs Matzstatz

"P2T6

Yeah, last turn seemed pretty harsh on your side. I can only guess that you got a bit screwed by the variance in your draws. Here’s mine.

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH

Lord of Shadows
Skeletal Lord

STARTING HAND

Sacrifice the Weak
Skeletal Lord
Doom Grasp
Graveyard

WORKERS

Skeleton Javelineer
Jandra, the Negator
Pestering Haunt
Thieving Imp
Plague Spitter

NextHand

Skeletal Archery
Lord of Shadows
Graveyard
Death Rites

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Skip Worker
Garth Torken attacks your Brave Knight. The Knight takes 2 damage (armor comes off), Garth takes 3 damage.
Garth Summons a Skeleton - ($9)
Garth casts Doom Grasp, targeting Bigby, sacrificing the freshly summoned skeleton. Garth levels twice. - ($5)
Garth levels once, hit maxband, use maxband ability to bring back a Skeletal Lord from discard. - ($4)
First Skeleton attacks and suicides into Brave Knight. Brave Knight dies, comes back to your hand
Full health Bone Collector attacks and kills your insurance agent while taking 2 damage. You draw 2 cards (technician and insurance) and gain 2 gold. I summon another skeleton.
Remaining skeleton from last turn and remaining Bone collector attack your Censorship Council, ending your endless Tyranny for the greater good! I summon another skeleton.
Summoning a second Skeletal Lord - ($1)
Patrol as shown below.

Float ($1)
Discard 2, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 3

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Skeletal Lord (3/3)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Skeleton (3/3)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Skeleton (3/3)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Skeletal Lord (3/3)
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Bone Collector (3/2)
  • Garth Torken lvl 7 (3/5)
  • Bone Collector (3/1)
  • Skeleton (3/3)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Necromancy)
  • :heart: Tower HP: 4

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 6
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 10
    "
My Thoughts

Well, last turn was pretty underwhelming, and I managed to destroy the council. With Bibgy dead for one turn, I can avoid Judgment Day for a full turn, and prepare against it by summoning heroes and doing Tech III next turn, maybe adding a Doom Grasp in the rotation to play against his heroes (and hope I don’t get Free Speeched), then going for the invisible base race. As far as I know, I don’t think Law has the tools to stop my board at this point. Let’s hope he doesn’t outsmart me, so far his plays were really good, especially the opener.

yeah, is over. gg

GG Legion. Thanks again for the help along the way with the technical details. Also, I’m still trying to learn MonoU. If you want to, I’ll be really glad if you wanted to explain to me what is the Law plan normally ? And if you’re in for a rematch, I’m always IN :-).

FYI, the Details tag only works if there’s an empty line above it. For example:

words
[details=Summary]This text will NOT be hidden[/details]

words

Summary

This text will NOT be hidden

It looks like it works in the post preview, but when you actually post it messes up. On the other hand:

words

[details=Summary]This text WILL be hidden[/details]

words

Summary

This text WILL be hidden

If you have any more questions/issues, check out this thread.

1 Like

Thanks ! I didn’t understand how it worked exactly, so I’ll go through the full thread for my next game.

1 Like