[Casual] FrozenStorm vs zango

PS: and tbh my reasoning for not putting him in technician was also complete nonsense, which I just realized after seeing your play, otherwise I wouldn’t have realized that

I’m fine with you patrolling or finishing your turn differently based on the Mox being smaller, just lmk how you’d change it and I will change my turn accordingly.

On mobile can get into more detail later, tournament would be odd scenario

1 Like

Thanks a lot, then I’ll just swap token and imp, as my brain fart about not going into technician still would have been there. (I’ll change the post later)

I’m really curious about this odd scenario in an official context.

Inasmuch as our forum tourneys are “official” (they have no real official sanction or prizes or awards, just something we all agree socially are the try-hard-er organized play), this would have also been a possible outcome. We try to keep things as chill and amicable as we can.

Your error in play had a fairly clear resolution in your favor, and simply utilizing the opportunity to patrol more optimally given revealed information would be a bit of a selfish move (the net result of my play was equal to what you had originally patrolled to protect against). Most likely, though, what would have been different would be either:

1. I point out the error in play AND WAIT FOR YOU TO RESOLVE before revealing info myself, or
  2. If a third party were to point out the error, a judge would help resolve the revealed information, and since the net result of the error and the patrol decision led to equal outcomes, it would just be played through.

Since this is a fun game for learning, though, I don’t have any problem with the information being revealed and you reconsidering your patrol in light of it.

My turn will stay the same then, except I will have Stewardess return the Imp to your hand, and have mox kill the Lookout token. Back to you :wink:

2 Likes

Hmmm, being selfish really is not what I want to be on the one hand side. On the other hand side the sollution now really feels like “that’s what I would have done in case I knew about the mox possibly not being doomed”, so I’m taking the selfish route. But I now do owe you one, even more than I already do for you taking your time with me, I really appreciate it A LOT!
Not only the playing itself, but also all the side noise and stuff! Thank you!!

edit in thoughts only

Game4 P1T6

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Lich’s Bargain
Twilight Baron

STARTING HAND
Metamorphosis
Metamorphosis
Sacrifice the Weak
Lich’s Bargain
Gargoyle
Thieving Imp

WORKERS
Jandra, the Negator
Summon Skeletons
Poisonblade Rogue
(Haunt trashed)

NextHand

Deteriorate
Nimble Fencer (would have been Shadow Blade)
Skeletal Archery
Dark Pact
Lich’s Bargain

Tech 1 card(s)
Gargoyle turns to stone
doomed Gargoyle “dies” and gets exhausted
Get Paid - ($8)
Metamorphosis, Jav goes to grave, Gargoyle exhausts again, Garth maxbands, fetches newly teched Baron from discard - ($2)
Lich’s Bargain, 4 to base, worker trashed, units arrive - ($0)
Vandy attacks, gets caught, kills Glaxx & takes 5
Garth breaks tower, 2 to yourr base

Float ($0)
Discard 4, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: horror (3/3A, deathtouch)
  • :psfist: Elite: Skeleton (1+1/1)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Zombie (2/2)
  • :pschip: Technician: Twilight Baron (4/4, overpower, cannot play Tech2/3 units)
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• vandy (6/2, lvl5, demon, invisible, readiness)++
  • Garth (5/6, lvl7, demon, invisible, readiness)++
  • Gargoyle (0/2)
  • Graveyard (3hp, fencer, jav)
  • Nimble Fencer (2/3) in GY
  • Skeleton Javelineer (1/1, jav rune) in GY

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 11
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 6
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

So meta is obvious, which should bring a baron with it. Also I have to have one hero getting caught by tower and taking 5(!) damage in the process (probably that should be vandy, as she then can take another single tower damage somewhen in the future if that’s necessary) so that my second hero can break the tower to secure the heros invisible status.

Besides that I can either go for a StW to destroy Fargo, Lich’s Bargain to create a hopefully reliable patrol zone, or I could eat the javeliner with the hope of drawing DP so that my next hand holds more action than the current remaining Deck of (Deteriorate, Fencer, Archery and DP + X) probably offers. That leaves enough Gold for another skeleton, but Baron + 1xSkeleton against Mox+Fargo+Stewardess+Tech2 building up and 9 Gold available really is not where I want to be. The same argument holds for the StW-route, so Bargain it is.

As for my second teched card, I will go for soul stone, as it might come in handy for giving a gargoyle the extra fourth damage to kill a tower and also other use cases might apply.

Patrol zone:
I’ll put horror in SL, as it directly kills either both his remaining patrollers or a hasted Tech2 card. It obviously dies to Fargo+one counter from tricycloid. With him having 9 gold I have to expect a now!ed mech (not that dangerous in terms of agression), a hyperion and another Tech1 biggie, something like tricycloid+max+TD another tricycloid. That would be enough to deal 12 damage, which is one more than my patrol zone can take, so for the cost of his current patrollers he can clear my patrol zone and have a 4/4A SL + Max left alive.
That I could punish with Garth killing his SL, Vandy dealing 6 to his base, fetching soul stone for gargoyle breaking the tower and having enough money left for getting a minimal patrol zone of fencer+skeleton online. Sounds fine for me, but still this means my most valuable unit (=Baron) has to go into what I want most (money? extra card?). Probably the extra card is worth more with StW, Lich’s Bargain and Soul Stone being in the mix.
His most defense line of play probably is something like an immortal + nullcraft, both left for defense. Regardless of whether he trades both Fargo+Stewardess against Horror or not, I then have enough Units to clear the patrol zone and do some serious damage with my demon heros.

Edit: forgot about that damn mox again! But well, that’s life… Not going to change anything, as it already is enough with me asking for channges even though I logged in everything.

A quick question about the use of the google sheet (I know you’re not using it in this way, but maybe you still know the answer or someone else can help me here?)
How do I have to do the Garth maxband properly with the sheet? I defined my two tech choices. Then I clicked on “Save Tech Choice”. After that I deleted the Baron from the Tech Choice cell and placed it in my patrol zone. In the end I did a redraw hoping for the best, but

1. The Baron was not listed in my current Teching Step
  2. The second teched card was not taken into discard when reshuffling the deck
    I can live with both. the first was easily corrected and as I only drew one card out of the newly shuffled pile of 7, it was unlikely to draw the newly teched card either way, so a manual correction to add it to the deck after the redraw was fine as well for me.

I did it in the way that I understood from Codex Tracking Spreadsheet - #157 by Shadow_Night_Black
Is my understanding wrong?

Afraid I can’t help on the spreadsheet there, sorry :frowning: and don’t sweat it, I’m owed nothing here, having fun losing this one XD

Game 4 Player 2 Turn 6

P2 Purple vs P1 Nightmare

Starting Hand

Hyperion
Nullcraft
Temporal Distortion
Immortal (hyp draw)

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (9)
  • Tech 2 cards in (except turn 1)
All Teched Cards

Temporal Distortion, Now!
Tricycloid, Temporal Distortion
Gilded Glaxx, Stewardess of the Undone
Hyperion, Immortal
Gilded Glaxx, Unphase

Main:

• Geiger (7)
  • Mox hits Horror, Fargo trades
  • Hyperion, kills Baron, takes 4, you draw 1, I draw 1 (2)
  • Stewardess of the Undone, kills Zombie, takes 2
  • Temporal Distortion, pick up Hyperion, bring in a Void Star (0)
Workers

Tinkerer, Plasmodium, Time Spiral, Forgotten Fighter

• :pspurpleshield: Patrol as below
  • Discard 3 Draw 5

Board Info:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18
  • Tech1 HP: 5
  • Tech2 HP: 5 Present

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Void Star (5/4+1armor)
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :pspig: Scavenger: Max Geiger (2/3 lvl 1)
  • :exhaust: Technician:

In Play:

• Battle Suits
  • Stewardess of the Undone (3/1)
  • Hardened Mox (trashed)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 0
  • Disc: 8

Gold:

• Workers: 9

End of Turn Hand

Gilded Glaxx
Unphase
Temporal Research
Tricycloid
Neo Plexus

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

There’s the meta, Gargoyle gets to chill ofc, graveyard alllmost full, only chance here really is to hope I can threaten lethal with a void star. Otherwise fucked lol

tower is gone. rebuilt? cuz if so is unpaid.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, I had a guaranteed meta draw for next turn (and another DP in my Codex, should be GG unless I overlooked something)

Game4 P1T7

TechStartingHand Workers

Teched cards
Star-Crossed starlet
Star-Crossed starlet

STARTING HAND
Skeletal Archery
Dark Pact
Deteriorate
Lich’s Bargain
Sacrifice the Weak

WORKERS
Jandra, the Negator
Summon Skeletons
Poisonblade Rogue

NextHand

Soul Stone
Thieving Imp (2/2)
Metamorphosis
Metamorphosis

Discard

Dark Pact
Deteriorate
Twilight Baron (4/4, overpower, cannot play Tech2/3 units)
Gargoyle (0/2)
Graveyard (3hp, fencer, jav)
Nimble Fencer (2/3) in GY
Skeleton Javelineer (1/1, jav rune) in GY
Lich’s Bargain
shadow blade
Sacrifice the Weak
Skeletal Archery
Star-Crossed starlet
Star-Crossed starlet

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($7)
deteriorate stewardess
gargoyle pings 3 to void star, GY topples - ($6)
skeleton pings Max
fencer from hand trades with Max - ($4)
vandy breaks tower, base to 14 (2x tower, 1x tech 2), takes 1
vandy midband fetches Shadow blade - ($3)
shadow blade void star, you discard - ($0)
Garth attacks base to 9
DP your base to 7, you draw two

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:

In Play:

• vandy (6/1, lvl5, demon, invisible, readiness)++
  • Garth (5/6, lvl7, demon, invisible, readiness)++

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 11
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 1
  • Disc: 14

Gold:

• Workers: 7
Thoughts

Gracious!

I want to get rid of the star, even though I might just let it live…
It’s either deteriorate+ soulstoned gargoyle or it is gargoyle + shadow blade or it is StW after deter on stewardess.
The middle one costs 5, which just allows for a fencer to kill Max with the help of the last skeleton.
With vandy killing tower, your base goes to 14, with the help of Garth it goes down to 9 (unless I prefer to break the tech 2 building).
Next turn second meta assuming Garth getting caught let’s vandy deal 8 to base with fetchable DP closing the deal.

Funny thing that all this imp talk was unnecessary as this play does not require the graveyard and if the graveyard would have been toppled during your last attack, my next hand still will include meta.

Dough, played out my turn, then realized I forgot about the technician draw, which was StW… With that it would have been easier :wink:
On the other hand side the way I originally planned it, it feels more awesome, let’s see whether I overlooked anything. Then I’ll have to pay for my arrogance :smiley:

If there’s no tower you also have no reason to attack it. Meaning you could destroy the tech II instead or attack the base. Better wait for Frozenstorm’s answer.

2 Likes

Yes definitely don’t have a tower, it’s a copy pasta error

Fetching shadow blade to kill the void star is clever, didn’t think about it. Yeah I’m cooked not being able to hit back, gg wp!

2 Likes

Was fun for me, thanks for letting me win :wink:
WP, especially considering your obvious horrible card draws (going to look at it just now).
Are you up for another round?
If so, I’d like to either test miracle growth or [past]/peace/anarchy against anything you want.

Yea I’m game to play casuals til I have to get serious about the tournament (speaking of which, I should probably post the sign-up thread!)

I didn’t let you win at all btw :wink: it’s a rough matchup, I whiffed turn 3 draw and turn 4 hit my Glaxx (so I had to try for that reshuffle). Also I’m not sure Present was necessarily the right choice; Future may have faired better, Past as well, not totally sure. Need something chunky to stand in front of a tower to discourage Meta, Golgort might be the best choice. I was really hoping to draw my Unphase and Nullcraft same hand, get the surprise kill on Vandy.

Combine all that with a Meta PLUS Lich’s Bargain is just nasty; very little hope for me of standing up a defense against the Meta’d hero if you have so many other units to defend. Omegacron unphase’d might have also been a sneaky win con for me.

Why don’t you pick which one of those you wanna play, and I’ll play the other. You go ahead on P1, I can take P1 game after

2 Likes

Awesome, I’ll then start the next game with hopefully the peace engine coming to life somewhen later :wink:

In the meantime, two more cents on the last game

1. More FYI: Unphase was a nice tech, especially that early. Never would have seen that one coming, so I lucked out even bigger than I thought!
  2. I know the imp hitting Glaxx in t3 seems to be pivotal, but why didn’t you tech in tricycloids so that your draw two out of six cards would have provided had three cards in the deck to kill vandy and one (Hyperion) to at least gain some serious value? I know this probably seems to be too much all in, but I was really afraid of that and now I saw that you didn’t tech in any of those at that point…?

Draw wasn’t two out of six, it was out of 8 :wink: Fargo died and Glaxx got discarded. There was a good chance I’d whiff and have a dead cycle full of tech 2 cards I couldn’t play. And nullcraft wouldn’t give me lethal on Vandy, can’t afford it plus vir plus unphase :wink:

I could only barely afford a tricycloid if I got it, and I’d lose the mox, leaving me likely losing Prynn and the tech 2 anyway (I figured you were going to tag team with River and Two Step, not Garth).

Possible I get the Tri, kill Vandy, and get a decent cycle out of it though, not sure what the right choice was.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the clarification! The difference between 6 or 8 cards to draw from indeed is huge, and with nullcraft being a nill even more so. Also you likely want to have at least one tricycloid left in the Codex for later TD action, so no further questions asked on this one.

And now:
Game 5: zango [past]/peace/anarchy against @FrozenStorm [anarchy]/growth/strength

GL and have a lot of fun!

game5 P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Time Spiral
Forgotten Fighter
Fading Argonaut
Tinkerer
Neo Plexus

WORKERS
Tinkerer

NextHand

Temporal Research
Nullcraft
Plasmodium
Battle Suits
Hardened Mox

Discard

Time Spiral
Neo Plexus
Forgotten Fighter

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Fargo - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Fading Argonaut (2/3A)
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Disc: 3

Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 5
Thoughts

Floating one against red starter really is… Meh! But the cost of one card is the cost-neutral stealing probably not worth it, and either way, there is nothing I can do about this one…

I’ll try the juggermox route. Probably have to expect early birds, so I have to think of at least one GPT as well… Let’s see…

On mobile will take turn later. Indeed it’s preferable not to tech all your units, and the probability difference between 6 and 8 drawing 2 for 2 potential successes is 60% vs 46%

Not enormous but not good either obviously lol

If you ever want to check odds this page let’s you do it pretty easily

GL HF!

Game 5 Player 2 Turn 1

P2 Miracle Grow vs P1 PPA

Starting Hand

Bloodburn
Makeshift Rambaster
Bombaster
Nautical Dog
Mad Man

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (5)
  • Tech 2 cards in (except turn 1)
All Teched Cards

Main:

• Rook (3)
  • Bombaster (1)
  • Worker (0)
Workers

Bloodburn

• :pspurpleshield: Patrol as below
  • Discard 3 Draw 5

Board Info:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite: Rook (2+1/4)
  • :pspig: Scavenger:
  • :exhaust: Technician:

In Play:

• Bombaster (2/2)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Disc: 3

Gold:

• Workers: 6

End of Turn Hand

Charge
Bloodrage Ogre
Scorch
Careless Musketeer
Pillage

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Classic bigtime matchup, love it

are you actively choosing to fight frozen’s miracle grow?
suicide

:rofl:
It’s not about winning, it’s about learning :wink:

3 Likes