Casual CesareB (Blood/Feral/Peace) vs. ARMed_PIrate (Truth/Anarchy/Present)

@ARMed_PIrate Let’s do this :slight_smile:

"P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Pillage
Mad Man
Nautical Dog
Scorch
Bloodrage Ogre

WORKERS
Pillage

NextHand

Bloodburn
Careless Musketeer
Bombaster
Makeshift Rambaster
Charge

Discard

Scorch
Bloodrage Ogre
Nautical Dog

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Summon Calamandra - ($1)
Summon Mad Man - ($0)
Mad Man attacks your base, to 19

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Mad Man 1/1
  • Calamandra lvl1 2/3
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5
    "

Wrong forum.

Wow didn’t even realize there WAS a pbf subforum. My bad. Should be fixed I think.

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Jail
Lawful Search
Spectral Aven
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate

NextHand

Reputable Newsman
Arrest
Building Inspector
Traffic Director
Manufactured Truth

Discard

Spectral Aven
Jail
Lawful Search

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Summon Geiger - ($2)
Recruit Bluecoat Musketeer - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Max Geiger (2/3+a)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Bluecoat Musketeer (1/2)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]:

• Disc: 3
  • Workers: 6

[details=Thoughts]
Yuck. None of my cheap plays. I can’t get a low-attack unit down and Tech I. Oh well. Tech I can wait.

[/details]

Your base should be at 19. Easy to forget to edit that part, I’m sure I’ll miss something over there soon enough.

"P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Huntress
Overeager Cadet

STARTING HAND
Bombaster
Makeshift Rambaster
Charge
Bloodburn
Careless Musketeer

WORKERS
Pillage
Careless Musketeer

NextHand

Scorch
Makeshift Rambaster
Charge
Bloodburn
Bloodrage Ogre

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Build Tech I - ($2)
Summon Makeshift Rambaster - ($0)
Mad Man and Makeshift Ramaster suicide into Geiger
Calamandra kills Geiger, gains 2 levels, hitting midband and healing

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• Calamandra lvl3 3/4
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

• Deck: 5
  • Disc: 0
  • Workers: 6
    "

Thanks! Fixed.

P2T2

TECH

Chaos Mirror
Chaos Mirror

STARTING HAND
Building Inspector
Traffic Director
Arrest
Reputable Newsman
Manufactured Truth

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest

NextHand

Chaos Mirror
Reputable Newsman
Spectral Aven
Lawful Search
Chaos Mirror

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Build Tech I - ($3)
Summon Why So Serious Quince (comes with Mirror) - ($1)
Recruit Traffic Director - ($0)
Bluecoat safely hits Calamandra for 1 damage

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Sirus Quince (1/3+a)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]: Traffic Director (1/1, Untargetable)
  • Bluecoat Musketeer (1/2)
  • Mirror Token (0/1)
  • :heart: Base HP: 19

• Deck: 3
  • Workers: 7

[details=Thoughts]
This is more what I wanted. Sure would have been nice to get, say, Traffic Director out first turn to have it instead of the Musketeer. The extra money would have let me build a Heroes Hall instead of Tech I this turn. I could play them both this turn, but I really want two 0-attack units out so that one will survive to work with Chaos Mirror next turn. Quince will have to die, but worst case scenario, he suicides.
EDIT: I forgot how much a Tech I costs for my deck. And if I’d have done Heroes’ Hall it would have cost me 3. Blech. This’ll do.

[/details]

Your Tech I costs $2 since you are playing multi-color.

Arg. Thanks. Will have to redo my turn (draw was affected), and might not get to it today. (:

NP. And no hurry on the next turn, one of the benefits of pbf is that you can take your time :slight_smile:

All right. Reverted to the previous turn’s state in the spreadsheet, so the new draws and everything. Only difference in my turn is Traffic Director instead of Newsman, and consequently a slight change to patrol.

Thanks for your patience, @CesareB . Ye be a gentleman and a schooner.

"P1T3

TECH
Bloodlust
Crashbarrow

STARTING HAND
Makeshift Rambaster
Scorch
Bloodburn
Bloodrage Ogre
Charge

WORKERS
Pillage
Careless Musketeer
Scorch

NextHand

Bombaster
Nautical Dog
Huntress
Mad Man
Overeager Cadet

Discard

Bloodrage Ogre
Bloodburn
Charge
Bloodlust
Crashbarrow

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Summon Makeshift Rambaster - ($3)
Makeshift Rambaster attacks Sirus
Calamandra kills Sirus, gains 2 lvls, hits Maxband and heals
Build a Heroes’ Hall - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

• Calamandra lvl5 4/5
  • Makeshift Rambaster 1/1
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

• Disc: 5
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 7
    "
Thoughts

Good idea to get into the habit of posting these if for no other reason than to really think my turn through. Ok, so, first of all, interesting combo of working parts I’m coming up against. My GUESS is that he wants to go toward Present while making Illusory copies of the powerful units in there. Illusory Hyperions are real bad, Illusory Immortals might be worse. Fortunately this will require some setup: Sirus+Maxband+Illusions+those Units is a lot of cash. Easiest way to prevent that is to kill Sirus and his Illusions posthaste; I’m willing to leave the occasional bigger unit out there if it means clearing out the Truthiness. Could be totally wrong about his goals of course, Truth and Anarchy can both get plenty done on their own but I feel like you don’t play Truth/Present without ATTEMPTING the combo.

I had intended when I put these 3 together to usually go with a Peace-focused plan buffed by Drakk for spells and his mid- & max-band Abilities, with Calamandra for early pressure, good spells, and a backup wincon in her Ultimate Magic. The presence of Anarchy in his set gives me pause though, since haste and detonate could ruin a Garrison-based plan. Worse, if we BOTH manage to get our Tech II plans rolling I think he ends up grinding me down with Immortals, which is just unfortunate. Even if I manage a win it’s just a gross slog. So the plan has to be more fast-paced, and if I’m going for tempo I may as well go Blood right?

I think my first turn pretty much played itself; would’ve gone with Nautical Dog if I had it but it’s still the kind of opening you hope for. His patrol choices pretty much required my turn 2 as the response. Kind of a surprising mistake TBH; I get the desire to protect the ability to damage me safely but a hero and the free levels it comes with is a pretty high price to pay. Between Scorch, Charge, Rambaster, and Bombaster I was almost certainly going to have something that could add the 2 damage needed, just a matter of how much cash I was willing to put into it. Teched Huntress because it’s decent value and can protect from Spectral Aven if he summons that plus Overeager Cadet because hey free units right?

This turn was pretty straightforward as well. Drew Rambaster again so may as well put it to work. Don’t like that Sirus has a leftover Mirror; I won’t be able to deal with it for at least 2 or 3 turns but still a free maxband hero is still a REALLY strong way to start the ball rolling. Blue starter deck is really hurting him I think. Jail would be a bit of a speedbump and Aven still has a turn or 2 to come out and do something but so far it’s doing him no favors. It REALLY looks like I’ll be able to hit my Tech II next turn while still keeping the pressure up since Huntress and Cadet are likely to hit the board together. If he doesn’t have the hand for an aggressive play now I might even have enough cash to put down Drakk as well. Surprise Attack would hurt but that means he can’t afford to worker so meh. Ready or Not would be a hassle at most. Now! plus Argonaut would do some work but put him down on cards. Chaos Mirror could wreck me though, either taking out Calamandra or my Tech I (or my Heroes’ Hall but I would hope he wouldn’t do that, would be real silly). If he takes out the Tech I I’ll probably just bring in a Hero, swing with Cal, maybe spend my cash on some levels for the new guy, midbanding Drakk is a nice option to have. If he takes out Cal well then I can still afford Huntress & Cadet so that would be the plan. Teched Crashbarrow because it’s Crashbarrow of course I’m teching it. Added Bloodlust because it’s amazing, will work if Tech II gets delayed, and can pop Illusions. Fingers crossed.

P2T3

TECH

Now!
Now!

STARTING HAND
Chaos Mirror
Chaos Mirror
Lawful Search
Spectral Aven
Reputable Newsman

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven

NextHand

Now!
Building Inspector
Manufactured Truth
Jail

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Summon Captain Zane, Mirror Master - ($4)
Play Chaos Mirror on Mirror Token and Calamandra - ($2)
Mirror Token safely hits Calamandra for 4
Zane kills Rambaster, takes 1 damage
Bluecoat safely kills Calamandra, Zane to Lv. 3
Play Chaos Mirror on Mirror Token and Traffic Director - ($0)
Traffic Director directs a Calamandra-powered car into your Heroes’ Hall, destroying it, your base takes 2

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 1

• Mirror Token (0/1)
  • Traffic Director (1/1, Untargetable)
  • Captain Zane (2/1, Lv. 3)
  • :heart: Base HP: 19

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 5
  • Workers: 8

[details=Thoughts]
This turn couldn’t have gone better. This is exactly what I built this deck to do. I don’t care how the rest of the game goes, I just hit my personal victory condition, and I am forever satisfied.
I’m going to keep building towards Tech II Present (Chronofixers and Warp Gate Disciples), but otherwise, I’m going to try running a Tech 0 deck.
Edit: Maybe it would have been better to kill his Tech I and leave the Rambaster around? But that would have left my own Tech I pretty vulnerable. I’m still happy.

[/details]

Zane’s midband is lvl4, not 3, so he’s still 2/1. Would you like to make any changes or are you good with that?

Whoops! Sorry about that, and thanks for catching it. I edited to fix the stats, but yeah, I’m still good with it as is.

"P1T4

TECH
Crashbarrow
Captured Bugblatter

STARTING HAND
Mad Man
Overeager Cadet
Nautical Dog
Bombaster
Huntress

WORKERS
Pillage
Careless Musketeer
Scorch
Bombaster

NextHand

Bloodburn
Crashbarrow
Bloodlust
Mad Man

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Build Tech 2 Blood - ($3)
Summon Mad Man - ($2)
Summon Drakk - ($0)
Summon Overeager Cadet
Mad Man trades with Zane, 2 lvls to Drakk

Float ($0)
Discard 2, reshuffle, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Overeager Cadet 2/2+A
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Drakk lvl3 1/3

• :heart: Base HP: 18

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 7
    "
Thoughts

Well that was pretty brutal. Wasn’t expecting 2x Chaos Mirror as first tech. Still, it doesn’t leave him with much on the board, I’ll miss her but Calamandra had already put in good work (and those levels on her came pretty cheap, and I’m pretty confident that my Tech IIs will start coming in and clearing out his weenies shortly. I do wish I had invested in an earlier Bloodburn but I think it will do its job plus once Bugblatter hits the field I imagine things start getting bad for him. May tech Boot Camp to help draw as well as give my guys some bulk that Chaos Mirror can’t copy.

Your Tech II is missing. Wish I were responsible. (;

[details=Thoughts]

[Spoiler]My possible plays:

1. Go with my gut:
    Skip worker. Summon Geiger ($6). Cast Now! on himself ($5). Cast expensive Manufactured Truth ($3) on Mirror, making it a Cadet. Swing with Geiger at real Cadet, knocking off armor, dealing 1, taking 2. Bluecoat safely kills Cadet, exposing Drakk. Traffic Director suicides into Drakk for 1. Mirror Cadet trades with Drakk, leveling and healing Geiger. Build Jail ($0). This cleans his board and slows him for a good while, but has me drawing 3 cards next turn with 8 money and no patrollers. My Tech I or base could very well eat some Crashbarrow(s), or he might just use it on Geiger to level Cal or Oni. Not great, Bob.

2. Summon Quince with a 2nd mirror ($6). Build Tech II (Present; $2). Either build a Heroes’ Hall ($0; not adding much to the board, but ensures I can play two heroes if either building dies), OR worker Building Inspector ($1; gets me a 5-card hand and float for $10 for next turn, but he could use Frenzy Cadet and Drakk to kill Quince, making the next thing he plays Hasty), OR play Manufactured Truth ($1) on TDirector or Mirror 1, use it and Bluecoat to trade with Cadet, making Quince more likely to survive (do I even want that?), still floating $1 and drawing 5 next turn (or I can play Building inspector, float nada, draw 4). Any of these give me decent board presence for next turn, when I’m guaranteed to have two Chaos Mirrors and Now! in a 5-card hand. And if I can kill Quince next turn, the Tech II would let me play Geiger and Zane, both hasted, in one turn. But in the meantime, he has Drakk and Blood II, and I fear the haste and frenzy.

3. Summon Quince and 2nd Mirror ($6). Build Jail ($3) instead of Tech II. Play Manufactured Truth ($1) and do the trades with the Cadet. Float for $10 and 4 cards next turn OR worker BI and float for $10 and 3 cards. Either of these gives me plenty of money to play Mirrors, Geiger, and Zane, but I won’t be able to have more than one out at a time. I’d have to count on him killing Quince, then pull out Zane, mirror shenigans, still somehow trade Zane into something, then pull out Geiger. (Which would be awesome.) But seems like a lot of ifs. BUT, the jail slows him down, and it puts mirrors on the board (the most important thing, in my mind (; ).

4. Build Jail ($5), Tech II ($1), and worker ($0). Slow him down. Prepare to have my board wiped. Next turn maybe draw into a Tech II with Lawful Search, or go crazy with Zane and Quince and mirrors, or Zane and Geiger and chaos. But my Tech II won’t be that great at that point.

Things I fear:
Hasted Land Octopus (is it likely?)
Crashbarrows (yeesh).

Things I hope for:
Non-hasted Land Octopus (a Mirror’s happy dream!)

Seems like Crashbarrows would be his play, because they can’t be mirrored, on account of always being so dead. (Possibly Gliders, for cheapness, but he hasn’t seen me really patrolling, so he might not be worried about evasion, and barrows overpower is just as good here.) So I should pick a tactic that slows them down or prevents them… If no Octopus, then I don’t have to worry about Drakk’s Haste or Bloodlust. Crashbarrow doesn’t need them. So I could ignore Drakk and his levels, to a point.
Bottom line is that without Jail, he could throw out a lot of damage really quickly. (He may be able to do that with Jail. He just reshuffled, so Mad Man might still be there with his Barrows.) With Jail, things are harder for him. With out Jail, too easy. Option #2 is out. I don’t want my board wiped unless his is, too. Option #4 is out.
So: Gut play and Aggrogeig Geig? It is my signature thing, if I have one in Sirlin’s games. Or Quince mirrors and jail, more mirrors for next time, which is what this deck is built to do?
Sigh I’m pretty sure the right play is Option #3, which builds board, alters his tempo, etc. But if for some reason Quince doesn’t die and I can’t kill Quince, my hand will be useless. Gut play it is!

Edit: Should I have instead been afraid of Oni and Cal and an army of Frogs?
[/spoiler][/details]

Edit: It’s always something! This time I forgot to add my techs to my spreadsheet. There was no re-shuffle, so they’ll just go right to the discard pile in the spreadsheet without changing the state, but let me know if you want me to roll it back and redraw or just add them in to discard and keep the hand I already have.
Edit 2: Adding them in. If you tell me to roll back and redraw, I will, and will update hand.
Edit 3: My base took 1 damage from Drakk!

P2T4

TECH

Warp Gate Disciple
Chronofixer

STARTING HAND
Manufactured Truth
Jail
Building Inspector
Now!

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven

NextHand

Chaos Mirror
Lawful Search
Reputable Newsman

Discard

Now!
Manufactured Truth
Traffic Director (1/1, Untargetable)
Building Inspector

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Skip Worker
Summon Aggrogeig Geig, Cog-#^@%ing Scientist - ($6)
Geiger casts Now! on himself - ($5)
Geiger casts (expensive) Manufactured Truth on Mirror Token. Look! In the Mirror! It’s an Overeager Cadet! - ($3)
Geiger supplexes Cadet (for science!), knocks off armor, deals 1, takes 2
Bluecoat safely kills Cadet, exposing Drakk
Traffic Director swings for 1 on Drakk, and dies
Mirror Cadet kills Drakk and survives, but dies at end of turn when it turns out it was a reflection all along! Geiger gets free levels to 3, midbands, heals
Build Jail - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 1, draw 3

• Geiger (2/4, Lv. 3)
  • :heart: Jail HP: 3

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 2
  • Disc: 4

[details=Thoughts]
If it’s good enough for Yomi, it’s good enough for Codex. (I recently chose Careless Musketeer as my ARMed_PIrate avatar. I’m so happy with it.)

[/details]

"P1T5

TECH
Boot Camp
Boot Camp

STARTING HAND
Bloodlust
Crashbarrow
Mad Man
Bloodburn

WORKERS
Pillage
Careless Musketeer
Scorch
Bombaster
Bloodburn

NextHand

Charge
Crashbarrow
Makeshift Rambaster

Discard

Crashbarrow
Mad Man
Overeager Cadet
Bloodlust
Boot Camp
Boot Camp

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Summon Calamandra - ($5)
Summon Crashbarrow, goes to jail - ($2)
Summon Mad Man, breaking Crashbarrow out of Jail - ($1)
Crashbarrow kills Geiger, overpowers 2 on to Musketeer killing him as well, 2 lvls to Calamandra, she midbands

Float ($1)
Discard 1, draw 3

• :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Calamandra lvl3 3/4

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Blood)

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 6
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 9
    "
Thoughts

And now the Crashbarrows start coming in. He’ll have trouble generating momentum from here I think. The only ways I can see him clearing Cal are maxband Zane or Surprise Attack. They’re both pretty expensive and Zane doesn’t survive another turn regardless. He could damage my tech 2 but I think I can live with that. Goal now is to get Onimaru out and hopefully hit his maxband. I think I probably win this if I don’t set myself up for another bad Chaos Mirror combo, as I have a pretty commanding econ advantage with my tech 2 built and him having skipped a worker.

Sorry sir, but overpower only works on patrollers, and Geiger wasn’t patrolling. You can kill Geiger, or the Musketeer, or a building, but not both.

[details=Thoughts]

[spoiler]So, I have two lines of play now:

1. Skip Worker. Summon Zane. Chaos Mirror on Bluecoat and Cal. Zane and Bluecoat kill Cal, each taking 1. Build Tech II. This leaves me with a 1/1 and a 2/1 Zane, but Tech II will be up for Chronofixer and/or Warp Gate disciple (decent odds of getting at least one) next turn. Not bad, all things considered. His Mad Man will take out Zane, but leave me with a Bluecoat, probably. Also 4 cards next turn.

2. Summon Zane. Level Zane to 4. Hit Cal for 1 safe damage with Bluecoat. Chaos Mirror on Bluecoat and Cal. Kill Cal with Zane, leveling him to 6, and drawing a card. Now I have a 1/2 Bluecoat, a 4/4 Zane, and I can either Float 1 and draw 5, or worker and draw 4. BUT, my earlier Tech IIs are useless. I think I’m going to go with this one, 'cause I like the idea of sticking to Tech 0, and it gives me a better board. Even if I lose the game, I’m effectively trolling Cesare at this point with how much my heroes and Tech 0 have accomplished. I think I’ll play the worker, 'cause who needs more cards?
    I’m Teching in Spectral Hounds, since it doesn’t look like I’ll hit Tech II anytime soon.
    [/spoiler][/details]

Oh right I knew that. Sorry. We’ll just say I kill Geiger for simplicity’s sake.