[CAMS22] Round1: P1 FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs P2 Shadow_Night_Black Mono Purple

Yeah as you could see, I’m still using Det and DP a lot, they’re still strong cards at 1 cost. They just aren’t free early game overwhelming pressure now XD It’s definitely a much tighter line to walk with those costs in place to push the early game, but it can still be walked. Just not as overwhelmingly easily.

I actually think killing the Maestro was the right call turn 5, maybe just straight face is better? Debatable. I was not ready for Void Star countdown timer, if you leave Nullcraft up and kill Leaping Lizard I was forced to base race you basically and it’s a tight race. Didn’t have DG or Death Rites or any fliers on deck to block the void star, spose I could fetch Cloud Sprite though.

Yeah it took me awhile to find the tower and it felt a little too conservative to go for, as it felt unlikely you would draw Hyperion there (much less hyperion + TD + now! wow), but that one extra damage really did make a huge difference in keeping flickering at bay. Felt like I could grind out okay if I ensured no big flickers and I’m glad I elected that path.

As always you play a mean purple @Shadow_Night_Black, and Purple v Black is such a fun matchup! Of all the mono colors Purple has the strongest matchup with Black I think, they really should have been packaged together and had Blue v White be the other expansion.

1 Like