[CAMS20] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss Tournament

ROUND 8

Probably the end of the line!

1. [CAMS20] ROUND8 Frozenstorm [Necromancy]/Blood/Fire vs Zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace
2 Likes

I stuck it out one more match!

FINALS!

1. [CAMS20] FINALS Zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace vs Frozenstorm [Necromancy]/Blood/Fire
2 Likes

@Frozenstorm arrives at the pinnacle, bruised, but victorious :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for running the tourney @zhavier! Bruised indeed, crazy we played 4 games against each other and went 2-2, and not without some real deals with the devil. There were 12 total Lich’s Bargains cast in those games, 8 for me and 4 for you. Nutty

GG WP to everyone, I’m looking forward to another fun tourney in the fall! @zhavier you running or shall I (or is someone else interested in stepping up?)

1 Like

I think we are up for another experimental tourney. Shall we implement some crazy card changes per the modifications EricF suggested? I could probably take a break from running. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for hosting, zhavier!

Final standings:

player deck played won lost byes
FrozenStorm [Necromancy]/Blood/Fire 9 7 2 0
zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace 8 5 3 1
charnel_mouse [Necromancy]/Anarchy/Blood 7 4 3 0
codexnewb Miracle Grow 6 3 3 0
Bomber678 [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse 5 2 3 0
Nekoatl [Future/Past]/Peace 4 1 3 1
CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed 4 1 3 0
Nopethebard MonoWhite 3 0 3 0
5 Likes

Another idea, maybe not the next tourney but to bear in mind for one X tournament at some point, is a tournament with homebrew factions involved! Since there are three extra full colours and a load more individual specs floating around now. Would need to be a lot of pre-testing first though.

I would be concerned about balance, but yea, could be interesting. Might be best to start slow and limit to monocolor, or at least monocolor of the new factions, see how they fair against the current meta dominating decks.

1 Like

So far, fairly evenly for the latest iteration of Grey! Though only with me and Dwarddd playing it

Combine with Lum’s Lucky Lottery: if your codex is assigned at random, it’s all fair, even if not balanced.

Of course, fix anything obvious first, but an exact balance wouldn’t be needed

I guess benchmark is “no more anti-fun/broken than Demonology in the opinion of the tournament host” then😂
going by the one instance of an LLL codex tournament that i could find (hosted by you) I’m still unsure how you would generate suitable decks including Grey specs considering it’s never been used in a tournament so it’s got no winning decks…

Netrunner just ran a major event using this tournament format, and gave it the name “Survival Swiss” which is far better than any of the names I came up with.

3 Likes