CAFS 2016: RealPiHalbe (Mono Black) vs. Bomber678 ([Feral]/Strength/Truth)

Bomber magic is bombersome :stuck_out_tongue:

My Graveyard is one unit too full to do what must be done. I’ll take my turn in the morning.

The power of the truth :stuck_out_tongue:

[b]P1T10[/b]
StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Sickness
Sickness
Crypt Crawler
Soul Stone

WORKERS
Pestering Haunt
Skeleton Javelineer
Poisonblade Rogue
Summon Skeletons
Skeletal Archery
Jandra, the Negator
Sacrifice the Weak

NextHand

Thieving Imp
Shadow Blade
Deteriorate

Discard

Sickness
Sickness

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float + Scavenger - ($13)
Resurrect Cursed Crow #2 from Graveyard - ($10)
Cast Soul Stone on Cursed Crow #1 - ($8)
Vandy retrieves Soul Stone #2 from the codex, discarding Sickness - ($7)
Cast Soul Stone on Cursed Crow #2 - ($5)
Cursed Crow #1 attacks base for 4dmg, you discard 1 card (base HP should be 7, now)
Summon Crypt Crawler - ($3)
brace myself for impact

Float ($3)
Discard 1, draw 3

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Hooded Executioner (3/3+A)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Orpal Gloor (2+1/5, max)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Crypt Crawler (3/3)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Cursed Crow #1 (3+1/3+1, flying, Soul Stone)
  • Vandy Anadrose (4/5, max)
  • Graveyard (3HP, Twilight Baron, Twilight Baron)
  • Cursed Crow #2 (3+1/3+1, flying, Soul Stone)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Disease)
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 2
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 3
  • Workers: 11

Next Hand:

Thieving Imp
Shadow Blade
Deteriorate

Hold on… back on your turn 6 you had a Soul Stone on a Twilight Baron and one in your next hand.
How are you retrieving one from your Codex when you already had both in your deck?

Oh, the confusion! It must have been lost from my game state so I assumed it was still in the codex. But, you’re right, obviously.

For this turn, I would just not retrieve anything instead. Vandy would not be exhausted, I retrieve one gold and draw another card. Cursed Crow #2 does not get its Soul Stone.

I don’t know if there is a correct way to deal with this. Soul Stone should have been in my discard on Turn 6, so it would have cycled through my hand. Should I put it into the discard now? Have I lost? I am honestly not sure.

@EricF to the rescue?

Look it’s ok I’ll solve it for you. Give me a minute to post my turn.
I just wanted to confirm you were still playing one Soul Stone.

Right now, soul-stoned crows are my last best hope. No way I’m getting through that wall of hallucinations. :wink:

Hold onto your pants, cause we’re about to get COMBO up in here

[details=Turn 10]Young Treant, Tiger Cub, Centaur, Liberty Gryphon
[/details]

1. Surplus draw
  2. Verdant Tree heals Liberty Gryphon and Macciatus for 1
  3. Get paid (+$12, $12)
  4. Liberty Gryphon trades with Soul Stoned Crow, Soul Stone falls off, Liberty Gryphon returns to my hand
  5. Summon Quince ($10)
  6. Maxband Quince ($6)
  7. Summon Liberty Gryphon, Mirror becomes a copy of Liberty Gryphon ($3)
  8. Eyes of the Chancellor makes Spectral Tiger invisible until my next upkeep
  9. Discard two cards to give Calamandra stealth
  10. Summon Liberty Gryphon ($0)
  11. DAMAGE ALL OVER YOUR BASE!

GG man! This was the craziest game of Codex I’ve ever played. It was a blast. We should fight again some time!

@EricF

1 Like

That is three full Liberty Gryphons? What the what just happened?

GG, man, GG.

Yeah, I don’t have that many games under my belt, but this one was really tickling all the right nerves. What an amount of ups and downs. Love it.

So many Gryphons.

I actually thought about dark-pacting your base to make a win next turn possible, but I was afraid of giving you any sorts of killer units onto your hand. Turns out, that was not neccessary.

1 Like

I realised that even if your Crow discarded my Gryphon in hand, (he didn’t) I still had the win because of Reteller enabling Quince. This was after realising “Hey, I can stealth my tiger… and Calamandra… heeey…”

I have a few questions that came up during play:

• If I had built a tower, it would bluntly detect the first stealthy / invisible unit or hero attacking, right? So, attacking with invisible Liberty Gryphon first would leave me with a detected, un-X-able unit. So this basically mutes the Tower’s detector, right?
  • If Free Speech is cast after Metamorphosis, the heroes also lose their invisibility, right? But not their +2/+2? Any hero summoned after Metamorphosis is cast will not gain its benefits, right? Summoning units after Metamorphosis is not a problem, I assume.

Well my Liberty Gryphons aren’t actually invisible unless I use an external effect; their card doesn’t give them invisibility.
You’re right though, on my turn, your tower would detect the first invisible/stealthed thing.
On your turn though, you can choose to detect one thing.

Free Speech makes them lose all abilities, (invisibility, readiness, any hero abilities) but the runes are physical things, not abilities.

Tower is not a targeted effect, it deals damage to things that are untargetable, in case there was any confusion.

Ok, thanks. Then it is how I figured it. I just wanted to know if Tower is useless if an opponent has at least one unstoppable (or better), invisible unit he wants to attack with.

Not sure, how often I will need this knowledge after this game, though. :wink:

1 Like