CAFS 2016: Castanietzsche (Mono Blue) vs. CarpeGuitarrem (Mono Red)

@Castanietzsche I’m gonna do everything the same, but I cast Detonate before playing Gunpoint Taxman, so Bombaster is in my discard instead of in play. Patrolling Zane in Technician.

1 Like

Ah, you can’t both Attack and Patrol with Zane in the same turn.

1 Like

D: Cheating is real! (Joking :P)

Right!

I just keep forgetting all sorts of stuff this go-around, sorry all. :-/

Actually, I think I’m just going to concede this one. There’s not much I can do at this point. I think I tilted when Jail hit, and kept making poor decisions that cascaded into the current board state.

gg, @Castanietzsche!

(Also tagging @EricF for officialness’ sake.)

Alrightee then. Go start your match vs. Zejety!

1 Like

GG !
Thanks for the game :slightly_smiling_face:
Yeah Blue Starter is very strong as P1 and the T1 Spectral Aven followed by T2 Jail gave me an important advantage !
Careless Musketeer has 1hp and Jaina’s midband only hits patrollers :confused:
What is more Bombmaster’s ability is only against patrollers.

I don’t know what was optimal to play (I’d have played same as you Bloodburn/Jaina/1goldunit) but I’m thinking about just having ignored my Aven with a T1 Makeshift Rambaster + Jaina and teching Ember Sparks / anything that targets T2 to get it T3.

When I played it, I didn’t realize how strong was Spectral Aven against red compared as it is against Black/White/Green/Neutral.

Anyway, thanks for the game !

2 Likes

I personally think Bloodburn was a mistake, in hindsight. I was so focused on the fact that I can shut down Truth really easily that I put way too much into that. 3 gold could’ve gotten me a lot more. Plus, the early Pillage really hurt me in terms of card advantage.

2 Likes