Build-a-deck

If you could combine multiple Yomi decks into one, how would you do it?
The rules for building a deck are:

• Choose a character card: you’ll have that character’s HPs, CPs and Innate
  • For each card (2-10, J, Q, K, A) choose a character and take all 4 copies of that card to your deck. This means that if you choose to use Jaina’s 6, you can’t just take the red ones for chip, but you must also take the black ones.
  • Cards that specifically mention the character’s innate (Arg’s A mentioning Hex of Murkwood) wouldn’t work UNLESS you actually are using said innate.

What kind of deck would you build? What would be the strongest? What would be the most fun?

1 Like

Geiger card
Geiger JQKA
Geiger 4
Troq 56
Vendetta 23789
Zane 10

This is just off the top of my head. Might refine later

1 Like

I didn’t think about Geiger: using his innate, JQ and tons of throws and draw/retrieve cards (martial mastery, two truths, etc…) might actually make for a really fun deck.

Well I would add one more rule to the build: no more than four abilities on your character.

Variant 1
-Gonna limit it to two abilities on Normals and 4 abilties total.
Persephone
2: Troq (T/B)
3: Vendetta (A/D)
4: Persephone (A/D)
5: Zane (T/D)
6: Gwen (A/D)
7*: Grave (T/B)
8: Midori (A/B)
9*: Onimaru (T/B)
10: Rook (A/T)
J: Zane
Q: Grave
K*: Valerie
A*: Quince

After coming up with this i noticed i put very few normal attack starters on KD soooo it could be refined quite a bit. I wanted Vendetta K for stronger early game, but felt it necessary to have Valerie K. It occasionally fills up Combos since this character lacks straights.

Use Persephone’s Innate recursion to spam Final Authority which causes KD. Also use Knowing the Opponent and Quince’s Pat Mirror for checkmates. This deck is designed to be degenerate.

Variant 2: 11:09 AM EST

Character: Persephone
2*: Quince
10*: Troq

Rest can basically be anything that does damage. Probably want the KD enders to counter War Stomp. I believe all the counters except Persephone’s are on 10* so luckily you can’t counter counters so Quince’s Two Truth’s allows you to obtain the War Stomp wincon.

The idea is to abuse Persephone’s innate and Troq’s War Stomp. The wording allows you to use abilities to activate it. With two War Stomps in play you force your opponent to No Card by using War Stomp to recur War Stomp. When you have lifelead you can just deck yourself out and win. The most uninteractive deck I could think of.

Rather than just copy & paste your idea as a base my suggestion is to just replace something for Final Authority so Geiger checkmates on any KD… except Gold Burst… and acro… and final authority…and certain special blocks. Wow there’s quite a few outs now that I think about it… :frowning:

1 Like

Deck Name: I can do this all day

Long Range Kit:
BBB innate, BBB 2346QK
Dodges:
DeGrey A, Quince J, Troq 9, Zane 5
Close Range Dodge Followups:
Oni 8,10 Ven 7

The idea of this deck is to setup Range and then be able to dodge forever.
DeGrey’s A returns to hand if not hit, so unless your opponent can beat dodges or knock you down at range, you can dodge forever.
If your opponent attacks, you can followup with a face card for damage at the cost of zero cards.
Once they start blodging, you can use your BBB K for damage at the cost of zero cards.
If you don’t have DeGrey’s A, you can play Quince’s J dodge which at range also returns to hand (due to BBB’s innate) but any followups will not be free.
If you don’t have either, you can hopefully use any of Troq’s 9 Dodges or Zane’s 5 Dodges you have until you can power up for aces. (Zane’s 5 has happens to have a fairly fast throw on it as well.)

One of the issues with this deck is that it doesn’t have any moves faster than 2.6 (Quince J Attack) at close range, so I included some dodge followups for close range. Oni’s 8 and 10 cost only two cards for 18 or 20 damage, whereas Ven’s 7 deals 7 and knocks down.

Note that there are only two abilities: BBB’s Innate and Degrey’s A. Both are uncounterable!

There are only a few card I’ve found that let the opponent to escape the range dodge loop:
BBB’s K
Midori’s Dragon Kit (Midori Innate and Midori 29JQ)
Troq’s 10

There are only two cards I’ve found that hurt this strategy in the long run:
Jaina’s 10
Arg’s Innate

It might be worth it to switch the Troq 9 (Dodge/Throw) for Perse’s 9 counter to be able to deal with Troq 10 and Dragon Midori.

2 Likes

Quick notes:
bbb’s K doesn’t take you out of range, because you aren’t hit with a non range move
Midori can’t beat special or super dodges with his innate

1 Like

I total missed the midori thing, thanks!
I was thinking only in terms of “what beats dodges at range” and forgot that key word.

For BBB’s K, it still does discard the Ace dodge and deals damage and knocks down, even if it doesn’t end range. So it is less useful than I first thought but still works to a minor extent.

I haven’t thought through the details, but it feels like you could build an out-of-combat damage counterplay deck using Lum plus some ace drawing/card drawing optimized abilites. Haven’t thought through the details, though.

gloria card
2 quince
3 degrey
4 degrey
5 zane
6 rook
7 grave
8 rook
9 perse
10 lum
J zane
Q grave
K geiger
A gloria

something like this seems busted. gloria gwen and val all let you do busted things with this setup but gloria is probably the most true to form where you’ll do the most OOC damage. With the gwen setup just have Q be zane and K be val to always be able to chain all normals no matter what, with the val setup you’re free for the efficient reversals here again

3 Likes