Testing out Variant Rules Proposal: All Cards.
- All 20 heroes are available, but the hero limit still applies, with a Heroes’ Hall adding 1 as normal, for a maximum possible hero limit of 4.
- All cards are available, with all cards other than a player’s chosen starter deck comprising that player’s codex. Players are limited to 1 copy of each starter card and 2 copies of each faction card.
- Players do not choose specs, and cannot build Tech Labs, but still must have a tech building of the correct level to play units, upgrades, and buildings. This means it is possible to play tech II & tech III cards from many different factions.
- Multicolor building penalty is waived (as players don’t choose heroes), but multicolor spell penalty applies as normal.
I’ll try out Green starter first. GL HF @FrozenStorm!
Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Merfolk Prospector - ($2)
Calamandra Moss - ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5
- Squad Leader: L1 Calamandra Moss (2/3A)
- Scavenger: Merfolk Prospector (1/1)
- Base HP: 20
- Hand: 5
- Deck: 0
- Disc: 3
- Gold: 0
- Workers: 5
My initial goal strategy is to go with a Legendary opening, starting with Galina + Mythmaking followed by Ardra’s and Murkwood Allies to start generating gold. This will probably provoke some kind of mass revomal: Discord is most likely at first, which I would counter with midband Midori, but DeGrey and Judgment/Rewind will probably follow up. I want to make use of Gigadon, but most likely I won’t be allowed to capitalize on it right away. I can discourage/punish DeGrey/Judgment with Bugblatters, but that won’t help against Rewind. For that, maybe I should try to mix-in a Slow-Time and some gold theft? Well, for now, I’ll just capitalize on this nice card split and focus on early economic gains.