2015 Yomi Player of the Year

[Preserved for posterity, pls to enjoy sweet missing jpegs]

I meant to do this earlier, but it’s never a bad time to show recognition for some skilled members of the community. My pick for the top performing competitive Yomi player of 2015 is…

(drumroll please)

deluks917

[​IMG]

Pictured above is deluks in any given tournament match. It is said that the move “Beast Unleashed” actually came into being after Sirlin witnessed deluks make a grown man cry by taking away all of his hit points, but he will neither confirm nor deny these rumors.

To recap some of deluks’s key smashenings of 2015:

• #1 on the tournament leaderboard with the most tournament wins of 2015 at 5
  • Winner of the Topanda League invitational, a tournament of selected top players in the community
  • Winner of Solo Showdown, with the official most beloved character in the game: Troq
  • A stellar game win rate of 64%, with a 78% set win rate (excluding team and restricted events)

In short, the guy plays a mean game of Yomi, and our collective mission as a community is to take him down a peg or two in 2016.

But 2015 wasn’t all deluks all the time, and I’d also like to recognize my runner-up for Player of the Year:

Raziek

upload_2016-1-31_20-51-24.jpeg

We may never agree on who wins the Setsuki-Zane fight, but something I’m pretty sure we both agree on is that this madman is a force to be reckoned with. #2 on the tournament leaderboard, a play-off contender in Topanda, and the #1 seed out of his division in IYL, Raziek had a fantastic year with the official second most beloved character in the game: Zane.

Gentlemen, these are your betters! Now, let us destroy them!

5 Likes