Yomi Gameplay Videos

Got some Accel vs Djister, hot off the presses!

4 Likes

Myself vs @mysticjuicer (once to processes)

5 Likes

Will be here when itā€™s done processing.

I casted the @vengefulpickle vs @mysticjuicer match! Pretty great set with interesting matchups and lawyer things.

6 Likes

Really fun set between @Gingivitusks and @Knifight! Glad I was able to catch it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Really fun LIFE between @Gingivitusks and @Knifight !

As always, thanks for commentating.

6 Likes

Another hand analysis, this time against @Rinzler By the by, I did have some tips for Rinzler as being a newer player, thought a couple helpful tips just fundamentally and in the MU would be good. However I tend to be pretty critical about my own plays and being in that mode I feel like I was a little harsher about where Rinzler could improve than I wanted to be.

We were 1 HP away from going to Game 5. So obviously you played well. So I hope you donā€™t take my criticisms poorly, and if you do I apologize for that and can certainly record another take of the analysis. Itā€™s actually probably not as bad as Iā€™m making it sound, but just in case <3

To sum up, I would stay away from the ā€œhave K play Kā€ gameplan particularly on the first combat reveal. This is especially true when I opened up attack every single game (i didnā€™t on Game 3 and that was a huge mistake on my part I talk about). I think the later Early game is a fine time to start looking to go that route, or itā€™s fine to do as an opener if Iā€™ve shown I will not Attack early, or if youā€™ve punished me for attempting to stop your K Throw on the first couple of combats (you instead lead with a 4 or J to undercut my 5s).

The other tip is donā€™t lead combat with Q attacks, generally. They are strong combo enders, and especially in fighting Midori there are 2 specific reasons not to do it. The first is I have cards Iā€™m going to play often that are faster than your Q attacks, my Js and Qs (also my A attack). The second reason is they can be used as another way to get me out of Dragon Form. If you hit me with an Attack either naturally or through Rock Armor you can tack on the Throw side of your Q. Since you will have hit me with a Throw that drops my Dragon Form. Dragon Form is when Midori is at his most dangerous so you need to have a game plan to get me out of it, and thatā€™s one of your best ways to do it. So hold onto those Qs.

If you have any other questions feel free to message me anytime. And you havenā€™t yet definitely check out @mysticjuicer 's Rook 101 video.

Ok enough chatter, hereā€™s the vid (still processing I think)

1 Like

Thank you!! I forgot Q throw would take you out of dragon form :flushed:

Iā€™ll definitely remember that, Iā€™ve run into the Midori matchup a few times and never considered that.

1 Like

This is where I always say do training mode (i.e. play against hard yomi bot). The goal here is just get a better understanding of your abilities and how your cards interact with the cast. For example I did a couple of matches against the AI and thatā€™s how I learned Rook had that option to get me out of Dragon Form. Itā€™s definitely a helpful tool in between getting some casuals or QM matches in.

Was able to record a great set between @Nopethebard and @Hobusu!

7 Likes

This might be my favorite thumbnail yet! :laughing:

5 Likes

Yet another POV video of me vs Hobusu

Itā€™ll be here when itā€™s done processing. Crazy fun set, the canon matchup between the tyrant and the tyrant crusher.

5 Likes

Lol I flagged the spam filter, guess Iā€™ll just post these here from now on

5 Likes

In which I play @CarpeGuitarrem in a carousel of a different sort:

8 Likes

Recorded and commentated @Caralad vs @MysticDeadman!

5 Likes

Oof, that set was about as painful to watch as it was to play, lol.

Yeah, you figured out my reason for the TR play. Oh well, Iā€™ll just chalk the loss up to loltoptier. lol

EDIT: On the subject of me not changing, we had a brief discussion after the set on why I didnā€™t switch to Zane. Long story short, I donā€™t throw much as Zane, so Gwen was a comfort pick for me since I throw with her more. Pretty much all there was to it.

4 Likes

What a tense standoff between @vengefulpickle and @Djister

My longest video yet!

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/mysticjuicer/status/1238949412740706306?s=21

5 Likes

mysticjuicer (mysticjuicer)

2 Likes

mysticjuicer (mysticjuicer) ā€œmysticjuicerā€ mysticjuicer

3 Likes

imo wouldā€™ve been funnier if the second line was:

me, after playing one (1) match against Djisterā€™s Rook: