Vandy idea

I had an idea for how Vandy could work in hypothetical Yomi 3e.
I want Vandy to gain great power at a steep price seeing as her power isn’t really hers and she has to pay for it. Anyway, here we go. As always, feedback is welcome

Vandy
Queen of Demons
85 HP
3cp
atk spd x.4
Throw spd x.6 KD
Throw dmg 7 (3cp starter)
Demonic Might
At the draw step, Vandy does 1 of the following. She cannot use the same effect twice in a row
-draw 2 cards and take 4 damage
-you and your opponent each draw 1
-all of your atks and throws deal double damage this turn and you take 20 dmg at the end of the turn
-discard 2 cards. Your atks and throws are 3.0 faster this turn (minimum 1.0).

2 a/d
3 a/d
4 a/d
Blood Pact
Counter an ability and take 8 damage
5 t/b
6 a/b
7 t/b
8 a/t
9 a/t
10 t/b
J Shadow Blade
2.4 spd atk
7(3) damage 1cp ender
Q soul stone
Special Block
Immune to mixup normals. Discard if it stops an attack or block
K Banefire snare
8.0 spd throw
2 dmg 1cp linker KD
A Twilight Strike
1.0 spd atk
10(2) damage can’t combo
AA Incursion
2.0 spd atk
20(3) 2cp ender
Draw phase: Metamorphosis
Discard your hand down to 1 card. Ongoing: draw 2 cards each turn. Discard if you are knocked down.

2 Likes

Interesting ideas. She looks pretty weak (bad speeds, too much self damage, too little damage), but I love the innate.

Metamorphosis is a really bad version of Gloria’s Healing Spheres.

2 Likes

Metamorphosis is meant to be a trickshot that she doesn’t typically use anyway, so it’s fine if it’s really weak. I don’t understand the part about her being slow as her normal attack speeds are x.4 and she can discard 2 to be the fastest character in the game for a turn. But yeah, I’ll tweak the prices and upsides on the innate

1 Like

The general idea for her innate came from a MtG card from a few years ago (Demonic Pact).

1 Like

overall she is weak, her dmg output is low and her innate does more bad than good, imo. She seems a weaker version of gwen.

2 Likes

damn if only you kept the “lose the game” part so Mistress Command could kill her immediately XD

1 Like

Would giving her a 4th cp and swapping the +4cp effect for double damage be a good innate improvement?

1 Like

Its stronger and also makes her stand out more from Valerie. I dig it. Might have to make her aces more expensive for it sadly. :frowning: 40 damage 2 cp is insane. Throws would def need to be 3 cp.

1 Like