Two-Headed Dragon Community Game

On the old forum, @Zejety hosted a community game where multiple players formed two teams and would jointly determine the actions of their side. It was Red vs Black and Red ended up winning the day with an explosive finale.

I would like to do something like that again, but this time I want to spice it up. Any number of players may sign up for team 1 or team 2. If you are interested post here. I won’t be participating in either team, I will be moderator handling card draws and posting turn summaries and board states. Each team will be a Two-Headed Dragon style matchup. Blue and Purple are team 1, and Red and Black have reconciled to form team 2.

As before, this game could take a while to resolve. I expect discussion on turns to take 3 days, and deadlines will be set accordingly. Once teams have been determined, I will create 2 threads, one for each team and post starting hands.

If you are participating in a team, please don’t read the other team’s discussions. You may join a team late, as long as you have not been reading the other team’s discussions.

For those unfamiliar with Two-Headed Dragon, the rules are outlined in the core rulebook. A brief description: Two players join forces with a shared base health of 30 instead of the usual 20. The two players may not build the same addon. The patrol zones are combined for defense, but are still independently controlled by each player. With two Squad Leaders, opposing team must clear both squad leaders, in either order, before being able to attack anything else, and clear both patrol zones before attacking anything else in play. The decks and play areas otherwise operate independently. Gold is not shared. “Your” refers only to the cards in your play area, but “friendly” refers to cards in both your own play area and in the partner’s play area. Turns progress simultaneously for the team, so the whole team ready’s, then the whole team performs upkeep, and then main phase actions are performed by both players in the order they choose. Finally both players discard/draw and then tech cards while the other team takes their turn.

Page 15 of this PDF File, “Page 13” as marked on page bottoms of Rulebook, for Two Headed Dragon Mode

Team 1: Flagstone Dominion/Vortoss Conclave
FrozenStorm
Jasonwocky
Illykai
BarnabyTJones
Marto
YoungBuck
(your name here)

Team 2: Blood Anarchs/Blackhand Scourge
Bomber678
Caphriel
ap49
Zejety
cstick
EricF
(or here)

Expected start on Oct 6, Thursday.

2 Likes

I’ll join the Flagstone / Vortoss alliance

I would also like to support Blue & Purple in this struggle.

I’ve got some experience on the Red and Black side already, so put me right there.

Red and Black are clearly better colors than Blue and Purple. They look so much nicer! So I’ll support them.

I’ve only played a few games, but I’d like to jump in with Blue / Purple team.

Count me in.

I guess I’ll take the last spot.

There are no last spots :smiley: But I am guessing you mean to say you are balancing the teams by being on red/black

And so it begins :smiley:

1 Like

Really cool idea! I don’t feel like hopping on to this one (too many cooks and whatnot), but I’ll keep an eye out for the next one! Seems like it’d be a great way to learn as a new player, too.

I would encourage people to pick a team even of they don’t plan on contributing often. But I agree that it is a really good way to see even more thought process that goes into making these moves. I also think 2HD has crazy bonkers combos and would love to see what people come up with.

1 Like

I’ll join the blue/purple team

I’ll join Red and Black.

Marto has joined team 1.

BLUE
Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Reputable Newsman, Naming 2 - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

PURPLE
Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Hardened Mox - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
BLUE In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Reputable Newsman 0/3+A, Naming 2 Cost spells and Upgrades
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

PURPLE In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Hardened Mox 1/1+A
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:
    In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 30

BLUE Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
    Gold:
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 5

PURPLE Economy Info:
Cards:

Gold:
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5

Team 2 has EricF

P2T1 RED

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Nautical Dog - ($3)
Jaina - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

P2T1 BLACK

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Garth - ($2)
Skeleton - ($1)
Pestering Haunt
Tech 1 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In BLACK Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Skeleton 1/1
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:

[B]In RED Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Jaina 2/3+A, Lvl 1
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Nautical Dog 1/1
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:

[B]In Play:[/B]

• Pestering Haunt 1/1
  • Garth 1/3, Lvl 1
    [B]BLACK Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
    [B]RED Buildings:[/B]

[B]TEAM 2 Building[/B]

• :heart: Team 2 Base HP: 30

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]BLACK Cards:[/B]

[B]BLACK Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 6

[B]RED Cards:[/B]

[B]RED Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 6

YoungBuck has joined team 1

I think it’s worth adding to the OP a link to the rulebook for this variant (as I already have discovered I didn’t read it closely enough to know how this works!)

Page 15 of this PDF File, “Page 13” as marked on page bottoms of Rulebook, for Two Headed Dragon Mode

Added, good idea.