[Tournament] Salary Cap Yomi - Ongoing

For ease of administration, and to let you guys play the set through in one sitting, there will be no change to stable during the final. You’ll have one opponent, and thus one choice of stable. The matches will be pre-randomized for both the first and second sets.

Caralad vs @Ivan

:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina: - Whiffing a Sun and moon is not a good plan in this MU
:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :midori: I think midori won literally every combat in this game. The only reason it wasn’t a perfect is I chipped away 1 hp with a jack
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: - DSD is a good move
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: - BU is a good move
:vendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey: - Drawing all your 8’s and your jokers is a good strat.

GG’s Ivan. I feel extremely lucky to win this, and not sure I deserved it. Ivan completely outplayed me in game 1 and 2, and probably most of game 5 too.

5 Likes

Caralad vs @variable

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:vendetta: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:

GG’s Variable

3 Likes

cpat 3-0 Caralad
:grave: > :vendetta: - It’s not every day you hit TPoS on Vendetta.
:lum: > :gloria: - Game goes horribly awry as I miss the PF prompt for a Straight Flush, but Gloria’s Overdose puts her health just low enough for me to make an improbable comeback.
:onimaru: > :menelker: - 70 HP is no match for 41 damage combats with early K++ and A* attached.
:midori: - :troq: was unplayed.
:gwen: - :setsuki: was unplayed.

GGs! The second game was especially tough; I had to do a lot of mid-game mental gymnastics to convince myself that waiting to hit the SF was even worth it in the first place while slowly losing health (and it’s not when you miss the prompt).

Personally, I really enjoyed a format like this one where I could showcase my full range with different characters, instead of just playing only Zane. I was able to pick fifteen(!) different characters in just four sets, which was really fun for me personally. Additionally, it was interesting to see which characters/sets of characters could counter certain rosters. This tournament even motivated me to learn how to play Gloria (one of the two characters I was least confident in previously), which I never thought I would learn how to play at a passable level.

5 Likes

ggs who was the top finisher that didnt use all the chaching $$$$ to make their team??

2 Likes