[Tournament] Experimental Codex Asynchronous Spring Swiss 2021 (XCAPS21)

How we lookin’ for R2?

Pretty good, Match 3 is in T7

Been on the road today, I’ll draw up Round 2 in a bit.

Looks like Round 1 had some interesting things happening with the deck pairings, hopefully that continues!

Round 2

1. [XCAPS21] Round 2: bansa [Growth]/Bashing/Disease :psfist: :knockdown: CarpeGuitarrem [Feral]/Discipline/Truth
  2. [XCAPS21] Round 2: dwarddd [Truth]/Disease/Present :psfist: :knockdown: flagrantangles [Ninjitsu]/Anarchy/Future
  3. [XCAPS21] Round 2: charnel_mouse [Law]/Fire/Growth :psfist: :knockdown: Bomber678 [Bashing]/Present/Strength
  4. [XCAPS21] Round 2: Nekoatl [Discipline]/Anarchy/Necromancy :knockdown: :psfist: FrozenStorm [Future]/Fire/Necromancy

zhavier gets the bye.

2 Likes

Round 3

1. [XCAPS21] Round 3: bansa [Blood]/Demonology/Growth :psfist: :knockdown: charnel_mouse [Growth]/Finesse/Truth
  2. [XCAPS21] Round 3: zhavier [Growth]/Anarchy/Past :knockdown: :psfist: dwarddd [Past]/Balance/Peace
  3. [XCAPS21] Round 3: flagrantangles [Blood]/Discipline/Past :psfist: :knockdown: FrozenStorm [Past]/Balance/Finesse
  4. [XCAPS21] Round 3: CarpeGuitarrem [Bashing]/Blood/Future :psfist: :knockdown: Nekoatl [Law]/Bashing/Necromancy

Bomber678 gets the bye.

Nekoatl and Bomber678 are at elimination.

1 Like

@CarpeGuitarrem Just a friendly reminder that Round 3 has started.

1 Like

Just an observation and there is nothing wrong with it but we all have one shared spec in our R3 matches. There were also a few in R1 and R2. :shushing_face:

Yeah, that’s just how it’s worked out. I’ve only thrown out mirror matchups, not shared specs.

1 Like

Actually, given the proposed methodology of making the 2 codices balanced, shared specs are likely to result in the closest scores, and make them more likely matchups.

3 Likes

Yea that’s what I thought. I don’t know about you guys but matchups so far feel pretty fair to me.

Bomber and I had a highly questionable matchup in Round 2. Fine otherwise, as far as I know? I’m sure there’ll be a few more blips, with so many Bashing appearances.

1 Like

Surprisingly, looking through the current model results, this doesn’t generally hold: specs can be considered to do very well against themselves, due to the difference in turn order. The Discipline mirror and the Peace mirror strongly favour P1 and P2 respectively, for example. Even some of the spec mirrors we’re seeing here, e.g. Strength, are pretty lopsided. The Bashing mirror is considered pretty much even, due to the absence of relevant historical data, so we would expect that one.

2 Likes

Nekoatl gets to be eliminated first. Thanks for playing, Neko!

Round 4

1. [XCAPS21] Round 4: dwarddd [Blood]/Finesse/Future :knockdown: :psfist: bansa [Bashing]/Balance/Fire
  2. [XCAPS21] Round 4: flagrantangles [Future]/Peace/Truth :psfist: :knockdown: CarpeGuitarrem [Balance]/Blood/Strength
  3. [XCAPS21] Round 4: FrozenStorm [Peace]/Demonology/Growth :psfist: :knockdown: charnel_mouse [Bashing]/Peace/Strength
  4. [XCAPS21] Round 4: Bomber678 [Future]/Anarchy/Finesse :knockdown: :psfist: zhavier [Balance]/Future/Present

FrozenStorm, Bomber678, and zhavier are at elimination.

2 Likes

That is an awfully odd situation. Random is surely stirring things up.

2 Likes

Give me better decks, please

Is that an actual pairing replacement request?

No, just commenting on my defeats

4 Likes

Bomber’s our next player out. Thanks for playing, man.

Round 5

1. [XCAPS21] Round 5: bansa [Bashing]/Blood/Ninjitsu :psfist: :knockdown: flagrantangles [Law/Truth]/Balance
  2. [XCAPS21] Round 5: FrozenStorm [Past]/Balance/Peace :psfist: :knockdown: dwarddd [Peace]/Feral/Finesse
  3. [XCAPS21] Round 5: charnel_mouse [Finesse]/Blood/Necromancy :psfist: :knockdown: zhavier [Fire]/Balance/Strength

CarpeGuitarrem gets the bye (to prevent re-matches).

charnel_mouse, FrozenStorm, zhavier, and CarpeGuitarrem are at elimination.

1 Like

Two hours to Monday here, so here comes an early Round 6.

zhavier’s the next to fall, thanks for playing!

Round 6

1. [XCAPS21] Round 6: dwarddd [Blood]/Discipline/Past :psfist: :knockdown: bansa [Finesse]/Fire/Necromancy
  2. [XCAPS21] Round 6: charnel_mouse [Necromancy]/Bashing/Finesse :psfist: :knockdown: flagrantangles [Discipline]/Feral/Past
  3. [XCAPS21] Round 6: CarpeGuitarrem [Law]/Demonology/Feral :knockdown: :psfist: FrozenStorm [Disease]/Bashing/Fire

Everyone is at elimination, except for bansa with his perfect score.

Don’t forget, if you think a matchup is hopelessly lopsided, then you can appeal it here before you’ve played a turn. If there’s agreement, I’ll provide a replacement.

2 Likes

@CarpeGuitarrem Just a friendly reminder that R6 has started in case you weren’t pinged.

1 Like