[Tournament] Experimental Codex Asynchronous Spring Swiss 2021 (XCAPS21)

I suppose I’m not opposed but I am remarkably bad so I don’t think I’ll make for a particularly good opponent/match. So, sure, I’ll join. :laughing:

3 Likes

Glad to have you, flagrant! Like Bomber’s said before, there are a few top dogs, and the rest of us are here to have fun :wink:

2 Likes

Idk who isn’t here to have fun, to be fair :wink:

3 Likes

I’m glad to become the bottom rung on this ladder. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Forgot about this! Let’s go! I’m in! Now I gotta look up what the ruleset is.

2 Likes

I’m going to pass, I have much less free time than I did back when Codex was new and I think I got semi-permanently burned out on PbF at the time, my last few attempts at playing that way haven’t gone especially well.

1 Like

Although since I said that I surprisingly became a top dog so I feel like it’s biased now

1 Like

My prediction (and hope) is that random decks will provide limited synergy between specs means less optimized play means longer games means muted P1 advantage thus better chance for P2 :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Cross-posting here, to help avoid confusion.

2 Likes

Does that mean each spec (hero) has the same (or moreorless) probability of being assigned? In other words, we are not expecting certain specs to show up more than others, right?

No, some will show up more, but probably not to an extreme. It does mean than most of the decks will only appear once, but it looks like there’ll be one or two repeat showings. I’ll stick up spec and starter distribution tables before we start, once I know how many pairings to draw to cover the expected number of matches.

EDIT: Oh, I missed the “more or less”, sorry. Yes, more or less.

1 Like

Yea, I was just wondering if the model favors certain specs resulting more appearance but I’m guessing that’s not the case which I like. :slight_smile:

I assumed you would draw pairings as needed as the matches progress. Are you going to post a predetermined list of pairings to try and cover through the finals, more or less?

I was going to draw pairings from the top X matchups as we go, where X > 3 times the number of players. I hadn’t really considered changing it for the finals.

1 Like

Three days to go! Let me know if you’d like to be a judge.

1 Like

Happy to run support judging @charnel_mouse

1 Like

@codexnewb @James
Tagging some more tournament-active players in the last year, any more takers?

1 Like

I can help judge

2 Likes

OK, I’m going to take the top 35 pairings, that leaves us a few extra for appeals / late arrivals. Here are the counts for starters and specs:

Starter Count
Blue 14
Red 13
Green 12
Neutral 11
Purple 10
Black 5
White 5
Spec Count
Balance 15
Blood 15
Fire 14
Past 13
Bashing 12
Truth 11
Finesse 11
Future 11
Law 11
Necromancy 11
Demonology 11
Disease 10
Strength 10
Feral 9
Peace 8
Growth 8
Present 8
Discipline 8
Ninjitsu 8
Anarchy 6

There are three decks with repeat showings.

2 Likes

And we’re off!

As usual, please start the thread with the exact title given below, so that the links work properly. Have fun!

Round 1

1. [XCAPS21] Round 1: flagrantangles [Balance]/Blood/Finesse :psfist: :knockdown: Nekoatl [Balance]/Law/Present
  2. [XCAPS21] Round 1: Bomber678 [Present]/Demonology/Strength :knockdown: :psfist: dwarddd [Fire]/Feral/Strength
  3. [XCAPS21] Round 1: CarpeGuitarrem [Peace]/Future/Past :psfist: :knockdown: zhavier [Fire]/Ninjitsu/Truth
  4. [XCAPS21] Round 1: FrozenStorm [Bashing]/Feral/Past :knockdown: :psfist: bansa [Fire]/Demonology/Law

I get the first bye.

2 Likes