[Tournament] CAWS20 - Codex Asynchronous Winter Swiss - Sign-up / tracker thread!

Oh I read that as if re-match happens player with less P1 within head to head matches goes P1. I thought you were going to bake that “repeat match swap side” custom into the rules. I have no complain going first and I believe this is more fair. Just wanted to make sure that wasn’t the intent since I thought majority backed the tradition.

1 Like

It was the intent to have repeat match swap sides as long as things are even (I believe that was the issue last time, broke tie like that instead of random even though the rules said roll it, ended up random agreed with me).

If it’s uneven feels bad to give a 5-3 / 3-5 split too so opted to make global equity the priority even if it results in local inequity.

2 Likes

Thanks for your consideration and respect your judgement. It’s often not easy to break away the tradition. Must have been a hard call to make. I think it’s more appropriate to weigh in on global equity because of the nature of the swiss format.

And then there were 2! Unlucky to @zhavier getting hammered by Drakk facespam, he will take 3rd, and we go to Finals part 1. Bansa is “on loser’s side” so to speak, and will need to win twice to take home 1st, while Bomber just needs one win to acquire the crown.

As with last round, Bomber went 2nd in this match previously but is 5-3 to bansa’s 4-4 split, so bansa will have P1 again Nevermind they’ve already played twice, once on each side

GL HF to both of you!

CAWS20 Round 10 - FINALS (pt1)

1. [CAWS20] Round10: bansa :medal_sports: [Finesse]/Blood/Fire vs Bomber678 :knockdown: [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength
3 Likes

FYI, Bomber went 1st in the previous match in Round 8.

1 Like

y’all have played twice already?? yowza

1 Like

Accidently posted under Codex, so I had to create a different name under Codex pbf.

You can edit the categories after the fact. Or ask someone, I don’t remember who’s allowed to. Regulars, maybe.

1 Like

Yeah, the topic creator and any Regulars can move a topic into a different category, I don’t post here often enough to still be considered a Regular myself but I’ve done that for people who put PbF topics in the wrong category a few times.

(Edit: The likes I got from this post gave me my Regular status back, lol)

2 Likes

Fixed the issue. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Well swift firestorm from Bansa there taking it in 6 turns, GG WP! Here comes the reset for all the marbles, GL HF you two!

CAWS20 Finals (REEEESSEETTTTT!)

1. [CAWS20] Round11 FINALS: Bomber678 :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: :2nd_place_medal: [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength vs bansa :1st_place_medal: [Finesse]/Blood/Fire
4 Likes

Congrats to @bansa on the win this tourney, and to @Bryce_The_Rice on second! This might be the first finals in a long time that didn’t involve myself, Eric or Zhav, well done to you both!

A lot of base damage outputted overall, thanks to everyone for playing, hopefully we’ll get a XCAPS idea settled on and signups soon!

5 Likes

Thanks for hosting, @FrozenStorm! Lots of great matches in this one.

3 Likes

Thanks for hosting and thanks for games everyone! Bomber started with unlucky split in the final game. Otherwise, I think he would have won.

Overall, tough tourney for P2s with 23-9 score. You guys are prolly sick of me keep bring this up. But I think it’s interesting stat to track. Meta change and skill improvements by player might have contributed to the recent result. I’m not saying we need a balance change. I actually believe there is room for improvements on P2 side of play and we as a community can close the gap together.

4 Likes

I don’t blame my defeats on rng. If I am outplayed, I can admit it.
You adapted, I did not.

2 Likes

Glad my efforts were noticed. Indeed this tourney was a process of adaptation for me. Going in and coming out, it was the same deck but quite different play. I started with a couple of kill options that I like which was the all in River play or hasty Tech II Fire units if build up is unavoidable. I’ve been doing all right with these until I faced zhavier and got crushed by Rook and the birds. I realized my options wouldn’t get me thru the Rooks. So, I changed my gameplan and started copying zhavier’s Crash Bomber plus Tech II Blood play. I had some success until my tech was completely shut down by FrozenStorm. I realized it wasn’t quite the right fit for my deck as I didn’t have Rook as an option to cover the lack of board presence. I then had a transitional game against Bomber which was a failed attempt but gave me an idea that led me to success. I’m happy with how my last three games went as I feel like I understood the synergy between the specs in my deck better.

2 Likes