Summer Smash IV

The only thing in this world worse than playing Troq is validating and repeating videogame interpretations from Emcee Prophit.

3 Likes

Emcee who? No, sir, I don’t watch pundits opine and analyze video games. I get all my facts and theories straight from the people! And by that, I mean of course, directly from YouTube comments made by people with default YouTube avatars and whose names contain the requisite amount of references to weed and Sephiroth and, ideally, are written in rotating caps. If I had the capacity for introspection I wouldn’t be playing Troq in the first place!

Checkmate, smart guy. :wink:

11 Likes

9 Likes

Bob199 4:3 CKR

:codextroq::codextroq::codexonimaru: XXX OOO :codexzane:
:valerie: OOOO XXXX :codexzane: That last game was taxing, to say the least

ggs as always CKR

6 Likes

That was some crazy Yomi. I kept thinking, “Why won’t you just die?”. I had you to one hp, was up 3-0, and had the MU advantage in the last four games. I think we flipped the MU chart upside down. Now that I have been defeated, I will be rooting for you. Good luck.

8 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @mysticjuicer

:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :onimaru:
:vendetta: :psfist::pschip: :onimaru:
:vendetta: :psfist::pschip: :onimaru:
:vendetta: :pschip::psfist: :troq:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :troq:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :onimaru: :psgem:Comeback with Overdrive Double Gyro Spin at 2HP, opponent didn’t have the Joker at < 10 cards in deck!!!:psgem:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 2 MysticJuicer
Southpaw Hare wins!

I believe that puts me in Top 8! Woo hoo!

Commander Boston Low will get everyone home safety. That’s his job.

7 Likes

The worst part was I spent a joker I didn’t need to earlier in that game, on an overdrive turn. :frowning: That one stung. Still hats off, you played a much, much better Ven and BBB vs Onimaru than I’m used to.

Still, being eliminated always hurts…

13 Likes

The Queen of Blades (flagrantangles) triumphs 4-0 over Gundham Tanaka (Zqxx)

:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg: I had no spins for about the first half of this game so I wasn’t able to leverage combat wins into much of anything. Eventually, however, I get the spins in hand and am able to eke out a win.
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg: I had the goods and I start off nicely until I accidentally put up Bubble Shield. I tear it off in the next round, but it robs me of my momentum. I eventually get the engine started again and put my murderin’ boots back on.
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: THE PLAYER CP. I have played against Setsuki a lot and it feels like there’s a certain skill level where the MU suddenly gets 400x worse. This one, however, goes pretty well for me. It helps that I was able to keep PS going with ALL THE KINGS while Setsuki had 3-4 cards in hand.
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: This one goes less well, but I’m still able to leverage Kings. Eventually I fuck up and choose not to use my joker because I don’t think he could have that much damage in hand. He does and then I’m down to 5 life which means that any throw will murder me outright. He uses BoT and returns a 7, Q, and K. I disrespect the Q and punch out a throw with a 6 and then combo into my own Q for lethal.

GGs @Zqxx This was just one more set in our ongoing tournament affair and I look forward to more in the future!

6 Likes

Upupupu!

Looks like someone has been finally eliminated!

You! You’re the reason I had to participate in this charade in the first place! You black and white ursine monstrosity!

Aw shucks… You’re such a flatterer. It almost makes me sad to have to end you.

ALMOST!

UPUPUPU!

I hope you’re prepared for your execution!

Puh… Please… Just give me one more chance!

QUIT YOUR WHINING!

I, the unimaginably generous Monokuma, already let you hang around after one defeat! You’re out of lifelines now, chump!

…

I understand.

Goodbye my friends. Until we meet in the next realm…

Yeah, yeah, save the sappy speech! Let’s get this show on the road! Upupupupupu!

https://youtu.be/-KS-WPG3_NU

[details=Regular Comments]@flagrantangles paid me back in spades for my past successes against him; I too eagerly await the next step in our ever-evolving tournament two-step!

Overall, I am really happy with how far I got this year in SS. I got one round deeper into the bracket than last year. Should this trend continue, I’ll be the SS champion in two or three years! :wink:

Anyways, big thanks to @Jengajam for hosting this as always. I love playing Yomi and I love roleplaying characters and I absolutely love getting to do both at once!

Best of luck to everyone still in the tournament! [/details]

6 Likes

Midna (Fluffiness) 4-1 Jazz Jackrabbit (@SirHandsome)

:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::gloria:

Ggs.

I will be vsing @Niijima-san in finals tomorrow at 9 PM EST.

5 Likes

Fivec 4-2 Fusxfaranto

Setsuki < Gwen
Setsuki > Gwen
Setsuki > Rook (PERFECT!)
Setsuki > Rook
Setsuki < Menelker (got DSD’d after one PU) :frowning:
Setsuki > Menelker

Ggs.

4 Likes

Bracket Update:

7 Likes

Winner’s Finals in 10 or so minutes.

2 Likes

Midna (Fluffiness) 4-1 Makoto (@Niijima-san)

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::troq:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::troq:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::troq:
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::troq:
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::degrey:

GGs.

11 Likes

I shall provide detailed commentary for each game below:

I got rekt.
15 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @flagrantangles

:bbb: :pschip::psfist: :quince:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :quince: :psgem:Opponent Misclick potentially costs them the game!:psgem:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :quince:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :onimaru:
:zane: :pschip::pschip: :onimaru: :psgem:Opponent Misclick chooses the wrong character! I let them switch.:psgem:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :quince: :psgem:PERFECT!:psgem:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 1 flagrantangles
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

Fivec 4-3 Bob199

Setsuki > Valerie
Setsuki < Valerie
Setsuki > Valerie
Setsuki > Valerie
Setsuki < Valerie
Setsuki < Valerie (the last combat of this one… not a good look for me)
Setsuki > Valerie (PERFECTO)

Got some payback for getting knocked out in SSII :wink:

Ggs.

5 Likes

Southpaw Hare (Boston Low) vs @SirHandsome (Jazz Jackrabbit)

Battle of the Hares tonight at 9:30pm Eastern
Get Hype

2 Likes

SirHandsome (Jazz Jackrabbit, who is apparently a Hare, not a Rabbit)
VS
SouthpawHare (Boston Low, who is from The Dig, I just now realized)

:gloria: > :bbb:
:gloria: > :bbb:
:gloria: < :zane:
:gloria: < :zane:
:valerie: > :zane:
:valerie: < :vendetta:
:valerie: > :vendetta:

4-3

4 Likes

Fivec 4-0 GutterOwl

Setsuki > Onimaru
Setsuki > Onimaru
Setsuki > Onimaru
Setsuki > Persephone

Ggs, and again, congrats on getting top 5 in your first Yomi tournament. That’s pretty awesome.

3 Likes