Rules Questions thread

New deck in the making!

2 Likes

Now! + Rampaging Elephant already sounds pretty good

2 Likes

Now! + Hyperion or Now! + Immortal sound pretty good too, while staying within the spec?

1 Like

Also tigers to disrupt worker counts and all that jazz ^^

1 Like

But Hyperion already has haste
like what

1 Like

I’m an idiot and thought the spell just untaps and didn’t check.

Please ignore me and continue what you were doing.

Now that I think about it, I actually did check. But only that they were in the same purple spec like I thought and without reading the card. I’ll… I’ll see myself out. Thanks. Sorry.

1 Like

You might be thinking of Ready or Not, the other Geiger spell being discussed in this thread that has to do with helping units attack

I guess it works with Ready or Not tho, which is something you would like to have for the Elephant anyway. But yeah, Now! is for the elephant exclusively.

1 Like

@sharpobject @Sirlin @ClanNatioy
Imho would be really important to say somewhere, maybe in the codex online ruling (the googledoc evolving one) that if the target of the attack dies cuz obliterate u can (if u want) attack another valid target. I did not know that, and i could not find anything aboith that anywhere.
Thank u very much to @Bryce_The_Rice for his peerless sportsmanship.

It is written in the rules that you declare what you attack and that if it dies before you deal combat damage, you choose a new target.

where, exactly?

It’s stated in the glossary on page 20.

2 Likes

Under obliterate keyword…

My ability to search this thread on my phone is limited so I apologize if the following is a repeat question. Do Quince’s mirrors have summoning sickness/equivalent vocabulary?

Yes, there is nothing indicating otherwise.
However, a mirror that has been around for long enough can copy a newly played unit and attack right away.

Perfect! That’s how I figured that worked but I was reading something earlier that indicated otherwise so I figured I’d check.

1 Like
RACE related question inside

How do Overpower and Soul Stone interact? Do I get to Overpower into some thing when I knock off the Soul Stone, or does that not happen because the unit hasn’t actually died yet? If I can, what can I hit with the Overpower damage if the Soul Stone until was Squad Leader?

Hobusu

Yes, you get to overpower, as the damage is in excess, and “anything else you could attack” means you get to ignore the SQL, and determine what else you could attack from there.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Good to know!