Rules Questions thread

Yeah that’s right.

3 Likes

If my opponent has a 3hp Morningstar Pass out, and I cast Death and Decay, do their other buildings take damage?

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to your other buildings.

I’m pretty sure the answer is that Morningstar Pass would be the only one of their buildings to take damage. All the damage is dealt simultaneously, so by the time the pass is out of the way, it’s already prevented the damage.

6 Likes

Doubling Barbarian
If I give him a +1 rune, do I physically put one +1 rune on him but calculate as +2
Or give him two physical +1 runes?

Does healing 1 heals him 2dmg?

You give him one +1/+1 rune, and that rune gives him +2/+2. If he later gets a -1/-1 rune, then the +1/+1 and -1/-1 runes are both removed and he’s back to neutral.

Healing removes damage, it does not increase HP, so healing 1 only heals 1 damage.

See the rulings here

3 Likes

Thanks. I played it correctly then.
I had a Doubling Barbian with a plus +1 rune and Spirit of Panda :smile:

3 Likes

Question about injunction: Does disabling a Tech II buliding with it reduce the opponent’s hero limit to 1 (assuming they don’t also have a Tech III building), or is that unaffected? I would assume it does, because it should disable all the functions of the building, including that, but I figured this was worth asking (since the hero limit is kind of a “passive” thing that maybe isn’t directly “using” the building, unlike say building a Tech III building or playing Tech II stuff). Thank you!

Yes, but he can still have two heroes out if he summoned them before you disabled his tech II. In other words, lowering the hero limit doesn’t effect heroes already in play.

4 Likes

That’s not my question, though. I know that lowering the hero limit doesn’t affect heroes in play. My question is as to whether it lowers the hero limit at all (suppose they only have one hero out and want to play a second).

He did answer that question with the “yes” at the start of his post. For all intents and purposes, a tech building disabled by Injunction is treated as not existing until it is no longer disabled.

4 Likes

Oh, you’re absolutely right; I misread, sorry about that. OK, that’s what I thought, good to have that confirmed though. Thank you!

4 Likes

Actually, I am pretty sure you could still damage it after disabling it, if you were so inclined. So “almost” treated as not existing.

1 Like

True, but the point is that it doesn’t provide any benefit on the turn it’s disabled.

Does Snapback stop you from resurrecting a hero with Blackhand Ressurector on the following turn?

e.g. My Garth has died previously this game. On my turn, I summon and max him, using his maxband ability to bring Blackhand Resurrector into play from my discard. On his turn, my opponent Snapbacks my Garth for Vandy. On my turn, can I sac Resurrector to bring Garth back into play?

It definitely sound like you cannot “summon” him at all. Resurrector uses the word summon so his effect is also prevented.
At least that is how I would play it.

“If the hero in question is on cooldown from dying this turn or last turn, you can still summon it with this ability. — Sirlin”

But snapped back heroes are not dead on cooldown

2 Likes

They’re on cooldown, they just didn’t die. If Resurrector works on death cooldown, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on Snapback cooldown.

1 Like

Fair point.

Edit:
Snapbacl just says "cannot be summoned"
It didnt say they are on "cooldown"
Sure functionality wise it is the same thing but you see where I am coming from.
I wont be surprised if the official ruling turn out to be either cases.

5 Likes

Fun Question:

Scenario:
A player has a unit with Forecast in play
( The unit already ‘arrived’ at some point earlier in the game )
It has a time rune on it
You remove the last time rune from it

What, if anything, happens?