Rules Questions thread

Zarramonde’s ability reads:

Arrives: If you played Zarramonde from your hand, destroy a unit, hero, worker, upgrade, or ongoing spell.

This will work only if Zarramonde changes zones from your hand to in play because you played him. It will not work if it changes zones from Jail to in play, from your codex to in play, or from your deck to in play. It will not work if it changes zones from your hand to in play because of Feral Strike.

4 Likes

So hey, Warp Gate Disciple. It says “put a unit into play.” Suppose I play a unit with Forecast, though. Does Forecast take priority over the explicit instruction to put a unit into play?

Forecast units ALWAYS go to the future. No exceptions.

4 Likes

Forecast says: "Starts off in the future, not in play. " So anytime a unit with forecast would start its existence in play, it instead goes to the future.

3 Likes

Hi ! we are playing a game with @mdn1111 and I’ve two Spectral Tigers on the field, but no Tech II building.
Can he use Injunction on my Tech II ? We both think so, but we’re not sure :smile_cat:

Injunction uses the tech level and controller of the chosen tech building to pick which units to disable. So if someone has no Tech II building, you won’t be able to disable their Tech II units with Injunction.

5 Likes

When Vandy maxbands, she gives +2/+2 to a friendly unit and an opposing unit. Is this +2/+2 comprised of +1/+1 runes? If she gave them to a Drill Sergeant, could he move them off himself and give them to a unit friendly to him?

They are not runes, they are a buff like Dinosize or Stampede, or Argagarg’s midband, except they also result in the units eventual demise.

Also drill sergeant is not limited to friendly targets. Flagbearer!

3 Likes

Note that a destroyed Tech building also cannot be targeted, and re-building is optional.

Can your own unit attack a friendly building? Such as, you control a jail, and it’s holding a powerful creature of your opponent. Can you attack and destroy your own jail in order to force the opponent to discard the creature?

No, you can only attack stuff that belongs to your opponent(s). See Attacking, page 5.

“To attack, exhaust your attacker (turn it sideways) and say what it attacks. Your attacker can attack anything of your opponent’s that has hit points: any unit, hero, or building.”

You could Flame Arrow your own Jail if you wanted to, though.

More in colour, you could General’s Hammer it.

2 Likes

I thought this was already asked, but I can’t seem to find the answer to how Gargoyle’s activated ability and Entangling Vines interact. Which one takes precedent?

1 Like

I believe the argument was “entangling vines does nothing” because if entangling vines prevented gargoyle from attacking or patrolling, then by the same principle, gargoyle’s “can’t attack or patrol” card text would should also take precedence over his ability which says “gargoyle can attack or patrol this turn”. Essentially, gargoyle’s real card text would be: “can’t attack or patrol. pay 1 gold - feel silly for paying one gold.”

But isn’t there also some text that says something like “External effects take precedence over your own” or something like that?
Like in Yomi how a Zane who has someone knocked down can still have his attacks slowed (for instance, by a Lum via RtD).

1 Like

Yea, my impression was that attached cards take precedence over the card being attached to, but if Gargoyle is supposed to be mostly immune to Entangling Vines (it would still sideline Gargoyle one turn), that would be good to know.

1 Like

Not anywhere I can see.

Yea, I dont see it anywhere either. @sharpobject?

Well huh! I’d gotten the impression ages ago that you were allowed to attack your own add-on if you wanted to change it, and generalized that to building cards. Guess I played wrong last night.

I mean, I still lost the game, so ^^;

1 Like

You can’t attack your own add-on, but you can choose to sacrifice it for no benefit if you want to make room for another add-on (taking 2 base damage). You can’t do this for other things you own, afaik.

3 Likes