:midori::psfist::pschip::grave:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:troq::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:valerie::pschip::psfist::jaina:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::zane:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::troq:
GGS.

1 Like

Scymrian > @PumpedAaron 3:0 (Aaron forfeit before game 4)
Setsuki > Troq
Grave > Grave
Valerie > Valerie

I considered leading Onimaru as I knew my opponent likes Troq, but I decided to stick with my strategy so far this tournament of never leading Onimaru or Zane into potential counterpicks, and just led with Setsuki as I have been - sheā€™s swingy enough to steal bad matchups easily. Game 1, I managed to get a ton of aces, and won by hitting with AA like three times while also blocking AA once.
Game 2, TPOS became known for both players as soon as I hit 46 HP, and we each played it multiple times, but it never hit - I was lucky to draw both jokers early, so I successfully gold bursted TPOS dodge followups twice. I tried to press my hand advantage and ultimately did win, but Aaron really made me work for it. I was never comfortable.
Game 3, I think Aaron must have started with a bad hand, because he very early hit K into one bold stroke, with no follow up. I was able to dance around him and didnā€™t play into two blue burst attempts, and this time I did press the hand advantage for all it was worth. Aaron forfeit the right to play game 4 and gave me the set.
Thank you for the games, PumpedAaron! I know you were discouraged about not getting on the board, but you definitely made me sweat for the first two!

2 Likes

Scymrian < @Ivan 3:3 (g7 forfeit)

Setsuki < Valerie
Menelker > Lum
Grave > Midori
Val > Jaina
Degrey < Setsuki
Bal-Bas-Beta < Rook

I geniunely thought that Ivan had won four at this point, and left as I was being summoned by family. Ivan generously offered to play the last game tomorrow, but Iā€™m not going to be available, and I think that since I walked away he frankly deserves the advancement, so Iā€™m forfeiting the right to play the final game. Thanks for the good games, Ivan!

3 Likes

Loserā€™s Finals: ArthurWynne vs @Ivan

This was a wild ride!

:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :menelker:
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey:
:zane: :knockdown: :psfist: :troq:
:geiger: :psfist: :knockdown: :quince:
:grave: :knockdown: :psfist: :midori:
:degrey: :knockdown: :psfist: :grave:
:onimaru: :psfist: :knockdown: :geiger:

Final result: 4-3 to ArthurWynne

Iā€™ll have to sit down and do a thorough breakdown of this set, but I donā€™t have time to do it justice now, so youā€™ll have to make do with the scorecard.

3 Likes

Grandfinals : @Castanietzsche vs @ArthurWynne

Results for the two games

:quince::pschip::psfist::grave:
:persephone::pschip::psfist::degrey:
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::troq:
:zane::pschip::psfist::rook:
:troq::pschip::psfist::setsuki:

:zane::pschip::psfist::troq:
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::zane:
:midori::pschip::psfist::bbb:
:lum::psfist::pschip::geiger:

Thanks for the matchs mate ! Iā€™ll remember these for years ! :smiley: The last one wasnā€™t representative, I did tons of errors (tired ?) and won because you drew no joker. the ven/degrey and the grave/arg were my favourite, I was almost shacking of stress ahah
I definitely have to train my midori and my persephone for further tournaments, i still question a lot about how should i behave in the most common MUs
thanks to everyone for having participated to this event and especially to @vengefulpickle , whose work for organizating tourneys and datawork helped me to figure out how yomi is a deep and awesome game !

2 Likes

Premature post there? Thatā€™s not quite right. :wink:

yeah, I have to watch the games again to remember the MUs :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

EDIT: Disregard, not only do I choke in Yomi, I also suffer from short-term memory loss apparently. :joy:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a reason I donā€™t do game-by-game breakdowns of what happened in my reports like some people do, Iā€™ve forgotten most of it by the end and I donā€™t want to watch the entire thing again in-game just to remind myself!

4 Likes

If I forget to take notes as I play, I forget what the matchups were! Itā€™s been multiple times where I have to wrestle with the replay feature just to figure out what the results were in order to report!

3 Likes
Summary

I assume that youā€™re on the left and Arthur is on the right in these results?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s correct.

2 Likes