[PS] Forum Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

Maybe it’s just because I don’t have any experience with Dominion-style deck builders except Puzzle Strike, whereas I’d already played multiple Magic-inspired games before the Codex Kickstarter happened, but I still find PS the hardest Sirlin game.

1 Like

Noted. I’ve taken you off the list for now.

I haven’t had experience with Dominion before this, on my part its from learning through 4 years of play or sthing like that :nerd_face::grimacing:

But anyhows, I’d be happy to share what I know and especially help newcomers to the game so we could get more of a player base and also to get more intense games.

Ah, I can remember some game where both players were near the 10 stack mark and we were crashing a stack of 4 - 8 gems back and forth for many many turns, so we had a huge gem pile each turn to get rid of. Such a crazy game. Such a cool game, probably lost it but it was so exhilerating to play it was just so awesome.

3 Likes

Week 4 standings

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Skiff :star::star::star: :psfist:
Bomber678 :star: :psfist:
Proven :star: :knockdown:
Hobusu :psfist:
ZenDog :psfist:
variable :psfist:
Feebs :knockdown:

Week 4 matches

Bomber678/Hobusu
Bomber678 ━┓
           ┡━ Bomber678 ─┐
Hobusu ────┘             │
                         ├─
Hobusu ──────────────────┘
ZenDog/variable
ZenDog ───┐
          ├─
variable ─┘
2 Likes

Seeing this league happen warms my heart :blush:

3 Likes

Feel free to join us! We’d love to have more participants! :smile:

2 Likes

I would love to. But sadly my work schedule only allows me to indulge in a limited amount of personal entertainment each week : (

2 Likes

I reckon PS runs quicker than Yomi.

Too much of a technopeasant to figure out how to do that snazzy Match Results graphic, not sure If my Ios app does it…
Had a great match with @variable, fun contest between Manic Painter and Ninja, bit of a synopsis:
Rnd 1 Win Zen, lucky enough to catch him just before he was about to go off with superior econ.
Rnd 2 Win Zen, very similar to previous in that his combos and econ were just about to come online.
Rnd 3 Win @variable, not even close in this one as the chips finally lined up for him and I was buried under a pile of Gems lol.
Rnd 4 Win Zen, managed to survive first push and catch him with back-to-back Crashes before he could reload.
Rnd 5 Win @variable, a nice end to the match and a good deal of back and forth before he ramped up for the win.

Really enjoying these games, thanks to everyone involved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can get the character portraits using :valeriie: (:valerie:), and the fist/chip are :pschip:(:pschip:) and :psfist:(:psfist:)

2 Likes

That should be :valerie:, of course. Setsuki works the same way, :setsuki: for :setsuki:. Also, if you want to use a :pscrash: crash gem instead of a red fist you can use :pscrash:. Finally, you can get the chibi versions of each character by putting the word chibi between the first colon and the character name.

Putting it all together, you can get a fancy report for your match like so:

:chibivalerie: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibisetsuki:
:chibivalerie: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibisetsuki:

:chibivalerie: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibisetsuki:

(Assuming that you played as Val, of course – if not, flip which side the characters are on.)

3 Likes

That’s excellent, much appreciated! I’ll take full advantage of that next time. Thanks again for setting this up, nice to get some games in.

2 Likes

Hobusu vs @Bryce_The_Rice

:chibisetsuki: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibidegrey:
:chibisetsuki: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibidegrey: (!!!)

Final score: Hobusu 1 — Bomber 3
Bomber wins!

Apparently I did something right in game 2, since the only real comment Bomber had on that one was that I could’ve won it sooner than I did. Game 3 I made up for that by accidentally suiciding with Double-Taken Risky Move when I only had :ps2gem::ps2gem: in hand to use for it and 7 in my pile beforehand… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Game one I played a Colour Panic offence and Hobusu bought Custom Combo when it wasn’t so necessary for him. I also got really lucky on drawing a Crash Gem right when I needed it.

Game two was a long drawn out engine battle, but ultimately I lost the race. It’s hard to beat Setsuki in an engine battle.

Game three had the suicide. Oops.

Game four I pursued powerful Pick Your Poison into Pilebunker plays, perplexing 'pprentice puzzler with a parade of pretty gems.

2 Likes

I see you’re following this thread, @mysticjuicerPuzzle Strike tournament results sheet when? :wink:

1 Like

Haha! I’ll leave that to another enterprising soul. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m just really pleased that this format is building some steam! I might eventually sign up and try my hand at learning this game if I ever find more free time.

1 Like

DOOO IIIIT! :smile:

I’ve been having a blast, even as I get demolished on a weekly basis (which is admittedly often true in Yomi as well, now that I think of it). Obviously don’t start until you have time, though!

1 Like

Week 5 standings

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Bomber678 :star::star::star: :psfist:
Skiff :star::star::star: :psfist:
ZenDog :star: :psfist:
Proven :star: :knockdown:
Hobusu :psfist:
variable :psfist:
Feebs :knockdown:

Week 5 matches

ZenDog/Skiff
ZenDog ━━━┓
          ┡━ ZenDog ─────────────┐
variable ─┘                      │
                                 ├─
Skiff ━━━━┓                      │
          ┡━ Skiff ━━━━┓         │
variable ─┘            ┃         │
                       ┡━ Skiff ─┘
variable ━┓            │
          ┡━ variable ─┘
Hobusu ───┘
Bomber678/variable
Bomber678 ━┓
           ┡━ Bomber678 ━┓
Hobusu ────┘             ┃
                         ┡━ Bomber678 ─┐
Hobusu ──────────────────┘             │
                                       ├─
variable ──────────────────────────────┘

Bomber678 3-2 variable

:chibigwen::pschip::pscrash::chibionimaru: I play bad, I get kill
:chibigwen::pscrash::pschip::chibionimaru: I play a little better, I kill him
:chibigwen::pscrash::pschip::chibionimaru: This one took forever. Huge engines either side until I finally killed him
:chibigwen::pschip::pscrash::chibionimaru: I tried to rush onimaru but then I got confused and bought gems. Also rushing onimaru is hard.
:chibijaina::pscrash::pschip::chibionimaru: He could’ve killed me with a 3 but we waited for a 4 so I gave him a couple of unstable powers and he died

3 Likes

Skifff 3 - 0 ZenDog

:chibirook::pscrash::pschip::chibitroq:

2 Likes