[PS] Forum Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

Sign me up, for now.

5 Likes

Oh boy, it just got real.

3 Likes

Week 6 standings

SuperBronze League (5+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Bomber678 :star: :psfist:
Skiff :star: :psfist:

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Proven :star: :knockdown:
Bucky :psfist:
Hobusu :psfist:
ZenDog :psfist:
variable :psfist:
Feebs :knockdown:

Week 6 matches

Bucky/ZenDog
Bucky ──┐
        β”œβ”€
ZenDog β”€β”˜
Skiff/Bomber678
Skiff ─────┐
           β”œβ”€
Bomber678 β”€β”˜
Hobusu/variable
Hobusu ───┐
          β”œβ”€
variable β”€β”˜
2 Likes

I got beat.
Bomber678 0-3 Skiff

:chibitroq::pschip::pscrash::chibimidori:
:chibitroq::pschip::pscrash::chibimidori:
:chibigrave::pschip::pscrash::chibimidori:

I don’t think Troq is a good character (sadly). I also don’t think I’m a very good player.

I missed the discussion earlier on wether to blind pick characters first and then randomize the bank or randomize the bank and then blind pick characters (before the first game, after first game standard rules apply enforced by the game itself).

@Bryce_The_Rice I now read the discussion you had before and I agree it brings more character variety to randomize the bank first and then blind pick characters.

I think I got quite lucky in game 1 to draw a :pscrash:, HFF, Ouch and the three cost chip that makes you trash a gem to get one of each color actions. I had one copy of each in my deck and my deck reshuffled completely and I drew them.

Have you ever played the Gloria-Arg matchup? @variable and I just found out how long that can take… :sweat_smile:

Edit: Almost TWO HOURS

1 Like

Hobusu ain’t kiddin’! :astonished::clock11::scream_cat::ocean::heart: :o

Ranked, R6: variable vs. @Hobusu:

:argagarg::pschip::pscrash::chibigloria:: I don’t put up a Protective Ward on an turn when it may have helped & I am rightfully punished.

:argagarg::pschip::pscrash::chibigloria:: Does it make sense to say that one got bodied in this matchup? No, huh? Well, I got bodied in this one! :crying_cat_face:

:chibiargagarg::pscrash::pschip::gloria:: idk why people think that Combos are Hard…! It just takes a Hammer and about two Crashes to make things quite scary! :ps4gem::hammer::scream_cat:

:chibiargagarg::pscrash::pschip::gloria:: Gloria applies patch 5.5.6 to Arg’s ridic combo bank, but Arg can access some combos without 15 black arrows helping him out!

:chibiargagarg::pscrash::pschip::gloria:: I took heck of risk that was probably unwise, but then I noticed that Hobusu’s Gloria had heck of Crash Gems in her discard! So I sent a :ps3gem:-gem I wouldn’t have sent otherwise - which turned out to be lethal! :o

Thanks for playing this Strike-ise Hobusu! It was a drawn-out, back-and-fourth match! Good luck in ye other matches! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Game 1 had a major decision point the turn before Skiff lucky draw when Bomber678 declined to Giant Growth a 2 so he could crash 4; this would have won the game on the spot (5/11 probability from Bomber’s PoV).

1 Like

Aha, I see. I wasn’t in rush mindset, I was in β€œget a washer” mindset. A clear mistake for sure.

You could have bought Gem Essence as a cheaper washer. This’d let you play both games at once, but giving up some economy for the long game.

Are the games recorded somehow, is it possible to review afterwards?

Your in-game profile has the replays of your last few games.

2 Likes

ZenDog vs Bucky could not be scheduled. I’ll need to see what my protΓ©gΓ© has learned on another occasion.

1 Like

Week 7 standings

Player Points Active
Skiff :star::star: :psfist:
Bomber678 :psfist:

Player Points Active
Proven :star: :psfist:
variable :star: :psfist:
Bucky :psfist:
Hobusu :knockdown:

Week 7 matches

Bucky/Bomber678
Bucky ─────┐
           β”œβ”€
Bomber678 β”€β”˜
Proven/Skiff
Proven ──────────────┐
                     β”œβ”€
Skiff ━━━━━┓         β”‚
           ┑━ Skiff β”€β”˜
Bomber678 β”€β”˜
ZenDog/variable
ZenDog ────────────────┐
                       β”œβ”€
Hobusu ───┐            β”‚
          ┒━ variable β”€β”˜
variable ━┛

I’m not sure why the algo didn’t match Skiff/variable in order to keep the tournament brackets matched…

EDIT: Ah, now I understand. It was trying to greedily match Proven, and at that point, matching w/ Skiff or w/ variable would have been the same.

1 Like

Unable to get any signs of life out of Proven :confused:

Yeah, I’ll mark them as inactive.

Bomber678 (result) Bucky
:chibitroq: :pschip: :psfist: :chibigrave:
:chibisetsuki: : :pschip: :psfist: :chibigrave:
:chibisetsuki: : :pschip: :psfist: :chibigrave:

0 - 3

Ebb and Flow
Money for Nothing -> Really Annoying
Sale Prices
Training Day
Mix Master
One-Two Punch
One of Each
Combos are Hard
Degenerate Trasher
The Hammer

Game 1, I miss my Combos are Hard draw but Bomber678 gets his, so I do a combine rush. It almost worked, and then Bomber678 decided to gamble on The Hammer drawing his second DCG and lost.

Counterpick, :chibitroq: -> :chibisetsuki:

Game 2, Bomber678 doesn’t Double Take on turn 2 so I hit the Combos are Hard first, for Degenerate Trasher and DCG. Bomber followed suit, grabbing DCG and :ps4gem: and buying the Trasher. We both thindecked aggressively, but I won because I switched to combines first.

Money for Nothing -> Really Annoying

Game 3, I abandon any pretensions of economy and do a max combine rush. Bomber678 Double takes some Really Annoyings. I bottom-bagged my crash on the critical cycle due to wounds, but still won before Bomber678 cycled around to his second combine.

2 Likes

Week 8 standings

Player Points Active
Skiff :star::star::star::star: :psfist:

Player Points Active
Bomber678 :star::star::star::star: :psfist:
Bucky :star: :psfist:
variable :star: :psfist:
Hobusu :knockdown:
Proven :knockdown:

Week 8 matches

Bucky/variable
Bucky ━━━━━┓
           ┑━ Bucky ─┐
Bomber678 β”€β”˜         β”‚
                     β”œβ”€
variable β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
ZenDog/Bomber678
ZenDog ────┐
           β”œβ”€
Bomber678 β”€β”˜

PS Ranked, R8: variable vs. @Bucky!

Starting Bank:

Bang then Fizzle
Knockdown -> Combos are Hard
Button Mashing
One True Style
Improvisation
Ouch!
One of Each
Degenerate Trasher
It’s Combo Time
The Hammer

:onimaru::pschip::pscrash::chibirook:
:onimaru::pschip::pscrash::chibirook:: I change out Knockdown for Combos are Hard.
:chibimidori::pscrash::pschip::rook:: I switch to Midori.
:midori::pschip::pscrash::chibigeiger:

Bucky wins, 3-1!

I’ll expand on this later, but Bucky outplayed me in most of the situations/games in general. I was lucky to take game three! :o I need to work on being comfortable with a wider variety of banks! I’m good when I have everything I could possibly want and then also a Hammer, but when I don’t have those things the existing solidity of my play cannot carry me to the victory zone! :crying_cat_face: I shall work on this, Strike-isers~ :smiley_cat:

Explaining counter-pick decisions?!:

Swapping out KD for Combos are Hard was probably a mistake. My reasoning was that ye are a better player than me, but maybe I could use Combos are Hard to rally a little. The first mistake of this was that a more experienced player like ye is probably going to use Combos are Hard better than me. The second mistake was not having a second 2-cost chip so that I could Wartime Tactics my Bang then Fizzles so that they don’t clog my deck later on!

As for switching to Midori, I have much less experience with Strike-ises than ye have, but I wanted to try a different approach, and I thought that Midori’s Dragon Form & Rigorous Training could help me win the game against ye quick combines while putting on economic pressure as well! I want to to get more Midori practice in, because I don’t understand how to use Dragon Form to its utmost potential. I kept trying to send 4-gems, which can’t be counter-crashed anyway… :scream_cat: The goal is to send smaller gems to the opponent as well while in Dragon Form, right? Basically as many as ye can?

2 Likes