Nopethebard (Purple) vs Archon (fanmade Zurk)

GLHF
P1t1

Hand

Time Spiral
Neo Plexus
Fading Argonaut
Temporal Research
Tinkerer

Worker

Tinkerer

Get paid ($4)
Worker ($3)
Hire Fading Argonaut ($1)
Float 1 gold

Squad leader: Fading Argonaut (2/3)***

Base: 20
5 workers

Hand: 5
Deck: 0
Discard: 3

New Hand

Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter
Nullcraft
Plasmodium
Battle Suits

Thoughts

Seeing as this faction relies on many small units, beefy units to cover a Golden Armada seems like the way to go.

Your move, @archon

GLHF!!!

Faction PDF: Zurk Collective
Faction Thread
Testing vs Green

(My first PBP game…)

Are we using the most recent PDF version posted? (There were some subsequent changes discussed in the original thread. I think @charnel_mouse & @bolyarich were using the PDF.

I may only be able to post once a day, FYI.

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
inject Larva
Roach
Queen
Zurkling Rush
Zurkling

WORKERS
Queen

NextHand

Spine Crawler
Hatchery
Drone
Roach
Creep Tumor

Discard

Zurkling Rush
Zurkling
Roach

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Build Tech 1 - ($3)
Summon Dehaka - ($1)
Play Inject Larva - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Dehaka (2/4+A)
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• inject Larva

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

I didn’t think Zurkling aggressive would be great without the Creep Tumor around. So I summon Dehaka defensively and drop in inject larva + tech 1 building. That opens up a 2 in 5 chance I believe of drawing on P2T2 one of the cards I tech in. I could have gone with a roach on T1 with Dehaka or even Abathur. Hmmm… well, we will see where this takes me.

@Nopethebard’s turn!

Question: If I were to exhaust & sacrifice Inject Larva next turn, does it shuffle in with my 3 discarded cards & my 2 teched in cards (does it immediately hit the discard pile as part of the activation, before the effect resolves) or does it not hit the discard pile until the card’s effect has fully resolved?

Edit: For convenience, I am adding some quick-reference links at the top.

1 Like

Resolve the effect first, then draw.
Presumably we’re using the most recent one. If that isn’t the one linked in the thread, a link here would be appreciated

I did not post an updated PDF with changes, but we discussed Zagara’s HP being high and the evolition Tech 1 cards being potentially weak. Also, I can contemplating some tweaks to the spells, particularly Abathur’s current “Rampamt Growth” clone.

We will use that PDF for now. But I will post some ideas I have for changes in the original thread for feedback, particularly after we have seen the faction in action a couple times.

1 Like

P1t2

Hand

Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter
Nullcraft
Plasmodium
Battle Suits

Worker

Forgotten Fighter

Tech

Seer + Argonaut

Get paid ($5)
Worker ($4)
Hire Plasmodium ($2)
Build Tech 1 ($1)
Float 1 gold

Technician: Fading Argonaut (2/3)**
Forecast: Plasmodium (4/4)***

Tech 1: 5
6 workers

Deck: 3
Discard: 0

New Hand

Argonaut
Hardened Mox
Seer
Neo Plexus
Time Spiral

P2T2

@Nopethebard After this game… you should go back and read my thoughts here. :worried:

@bolyarich Thanks for the help figuring out the template and for putting together the Zurk version!

Tech / StartingHand / Workers

TECH
Burrow Strike
Infested Argonaut

STARTING HAND
Spine Crawler
Drone
Creep Tumor
Hatchery - Worker
Roach

WORKERS
Queen
Hatchery

NextHand

Burrow Strike
Zurkling Rush
Zurkling
Inject Larva
Infested Argonaut

Inject Larva Draw

Roach

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Sacrifice Inject Larva - Reshuffle 2 teched cards + 3 in discard, Draw 1
Worker - ($5)
Play Spine Crawler - ($2)
Play Creep Tumor - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Spine Crawler (3/3+A, can’t attack)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Dehaka (L1: 2/4)

In Play:

• Creep Tumor

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

I over-thought the hell out of this turn. After cracking Inject Larva & committing to 1 gold for a worker, that left me 5 gold to play with and freedom to play 2 cards from hand. In the end, 4 of the 5 lines I decided upon left the Fargo alive with 1 time rune left (a defensive play). Now he may get a value play out of a Seer adding a time rune or Battle Suits giving it +1 ATK, but that still leaves it shy of killing a Spine Crawler in SQL.

I was originally concerned about the aggressive pressure he could apply with a Seer or two. However in hindsight, I am now realizing that a Stewardess of the Undone will really punish my Spine Crawler leanings.

Lines 1 & 2: Draw a shuffled in Roach or Zurkling from the discard pile

• Play Spine Crawler & Creep Tumor from hand, leave Fargo alive, float 1 gold and threaten a Zurkling Rush next turn for aggression, plus having the backup option in hand of my 2 tech choices. Patrol as I ended up doing in my turn.

Line 3: Draw Zurkling Rush - This line gave me the most heartburn

• My first though was play Creep Tumor into Zurkling Rush. Floating $2. Then 1 Zurkling & Dehaka can kill the Fargo (lets Nope draw up to 6 cards on a turn he will have 6 free gold after workering. That gave me heartburn about him being able to remove 2 additional time runes from his forecasted Plasmodium (if he teched in 1 or 2 Seers and did not worker out Time Spiral.) My option here would be to play a roach instead of floating 2 gold, and going down to 4 cards for next turn. However that left me in a board state where I felt vulnerable.
  • My next thought for this line left me feeling a little more comfortable. Play & SQL Spine Crawler. Play & Scav/Tech a Roach. Leave Dehaka in back. This would be a defensive play that would potentially work out alright and maybe allow for T3 construction of my tech II.

Line 4a: Draw a teched in card, idea 1 (20%, unless I rock doubles for a 40%.)

• My initial instinct was to tech in Adapt Mutation to play aggressively with Dehaka.
    • To me that looked like: Midband Dehaka (now a 3/4 with readiness.) Play Adapt Mutation (attaching to Dehaka to give him 1 armor.) Dehaka kills Fargo, taking 1 damage. Play & SQL Drone. Put Dehaka in Scavenger. If the drone were not blocking for Dehaka (specifically in SQL), it would be vulnerable to being sniped by Nullcraft, and then Seer x2 (total $4) or Seer + Hero + Time Spiral allows Plasmodium to punish Dehaka and potentially give 2 free levels to one of his heroes. That WOULD put him down 1 card, but put me further behind on board. I could potentially punish that line by putting Dehaka in Elite to take trade with Plasmo. That made me feel slightly better, but still not good.

Line 4b: Draw a teched in card, idea 2

• My next idea was Burrow Strike.
    • Kill Fargo with BS. Play & Elite Spine Crawler (4/3 can’t attack) to punish/stall any Plasmodium cheese. Dehaka just chills in back as L1 2/4. This loads him up to 6 cards, but I don’t think he could afford to play Stewardess AND cheese in the Plasmodium to kill Dehaka. That leaves me with some good T3 options; both aggressive plays or Tech advancement opportunities.

Line 4c: Draw a teched in card, idea 3

• Next thought was, what if I tech in an InfArgo (Infected Argonaut)
    • To me that looked like: Play & SQL InfArgo (3/4+A, resist 1). Play Creep Tumor. Float 1 gold. Patrol Dehaka in Technician, behind the InfArgo. That sets up a strong line of defense with a lot of aggressive potential with what I could have in hand. (Zurkling, Zurkling Rush, my other teched card, Inject Larva, and 1 draw from my discard.

I liked lines 4b & 4c both, and ended up tossing out playing 4a. Maybe I miscalculated something, but I felt like there was the most room for him to punish that line in particular. No matter what I did, I was going to have heartburn about line 3 (drawing the Zurkling Rush.) I ended up deciding to tech in one of each Burrow Strike and InFargo. In the end, I drew a Roach, so all my overthinking was essentially for naught. Not necessarily though. I think I left myself a lot of good turn 3 options, especially moving forward with an extra gold.

I have no clue what his turn will bring. I don’t think he can kill Dehaka. So that will leave me with $8 and 5 cards. That could be: Worker ($7), Play InfArgo ($4), Build Tech II. If he does not pressure into me this next turn, that may be an option.

There are too many variable at this point and I need to stop obsessing over the possibilities and just roll with it now.

Hope you all enjoyed the thoughts. I had an extra day delay in posting my turn because I could not figure out how to make the modified template work for me. The dropdowns for my tech cards were giving me error messages.

@Nopethebard’s turn!

1 Like

P1t3

Hand

Argonaut
Hardened Mox
Seer
Neo Plexus
Time Spiral

Worker

Hardened Mox

Tech

Now! + Argonaut

Get paid + float ($7)
Worker ($6)
Hire Argonaut ($3)
Hire Seer ($2) the Plasmodium will arrive a bit early
Hire Geiger ($0)

Squad leader: Fading Argonaut (2/3)*
Scavenger: Argonaut (3/4)
Technician: Seer (2/1)
In play: Geiger (2/3)
Forecast: Plasmodium (4/4)*

7 workers

Hand: 4
Deck: 3

New Hand

Nullcraft
Temporal Research
Neo Plexus
Battle Suits

Thoughts

I’m free to set up a lot of board.

Will post tonight. Hopefully early evening (maybe can get in a couple turns if you’re aroumd.)

I am super excited after game to look back at your hands & thoughts! Lol…

P2T3

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Hydralisk
Changeling

STARTING HAND
Zurkling
Burrow Strike
Zurkling Rush
Infested Argonaut
Inject Larva - Worker

WORKERS
Queen
Hatchery
Inject Larva

NextHand

Roach
Roach
Drone
Hydralisk

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Play Infested Argonaut - ($4)
Play Zurkling - ($4)
Building Tower - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 2, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Spine Crawler (3/3+A, can’t attack)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Infested Argonaut (3/4, resist 1)
  • :pschip: Technician: Zurkling (1/1)

In Play:

• Creep Tumor (Zurklings have haste and now gain patrol bonuses)
  • Dehaka (L1: 2/4)

Buildings:

• :heart: Tower HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 3

Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 8
Thoughts

First, I am super happy he took a time rune OFF the Plasmodium, vs putting an extra on the Fargo. This way I know the Fargo is just going to fizzle at the start of next turn and I can plan/prepare for the certainty of a 4/4 haste Plasmo instead of the uncertain potential of a maybe Plasmo.

My primary thought this turn was “Do I build my Tech 2 and rush up early, potentially losing board state?” or “Do I build a Tower and float 1 gold into next turn?” If he had buffed the time rune on Fargo, then the Plasmo’s uncertainty might have led me to play towards the more aggressive former option. However, since I know that Fargo is dying and Plasmo is coming, I opted for a defensive play.

Furthermore, I decided to go down on cards to drop in the Zurkling on technician. I did not feel that this was mandatory, but in the case he makes a very aggressive play, the protects Dehaka and gives me a little more followup options.

A Stewardess of the Undone targeting the Spine Crawler would still allow him to trade Plasmo into my InfArgo, but at least I will get gold out of that… The seer could then trade into the Zurkling, drawing me back up to 6 cards (bounced Spine + the ling’s Tech Draw). So I feel okay about that line, even if he goes defensive.

I am a bit nervous about what he’s going to go for Tech 2. I feel like the Zurk Tech 2’s are all unique and fun, but in the specific scenario I am currently in, none of them feel SUPER strong (worthy of risking teching up T3 here.)

@Nopethebard’s turn!

1 Like

P1t4

Hand

Nullcraft
Temporal Research
Neo Plexus
Battle Suits

No worker

Tech

Research and Development 2X

Get paid ($7)
Fading Argonaut fades away but Plasmodium arrives!
Plasmodium trades with Spine Crawler
Research Battle Suits ($5)
Argonaut trades with infested Argonaut
Geiger kills the zurkling
Hire a Nullcraft ($3)
Nullcraft and Seer trade with Dehaka. Levels to Geiger. Does Creep Tumor go away too? IDK
Maxband Geiger ($1)
Float 1 gold

In play: Geiger (3/4) Battle Suits

7 workers

Deck: 9

New Hand

Now!
Seer
Argonaut
Time Spiral

Thoughts

New plan: just Bully Archon for their passive play and use R&D to stay up on cards. Shame I didn’t draw it this turn.

P2T4

Both EricF (who significantly helped rework the starter deck) and I considered these Ongoing spells (Creep Tumor & Inject Larva) to be essentially upgrades. By making them Ongoing spells instead, there is an additional prerequisite to cast them. However, it is not intended to have channeling (discussed in the thread testing vs Green.)

So the Creep Tumor is still in play.

Tech / StartingHand / Workers

TECH
Mutalisk
Ultralisk

STARTING HAND
Roach - Worker
Roach
Drone
Zurkling Rush

WORKERS
Queen
Hatchery
Inject Larva
Roach

NextHand

Hydralisk
Zurkling
Changeling
Zurkling Rush
Infested Argonaut

Technician Draw

Burrow Strike

Tech 2 card(s)
Float $1 + Scavenger $1 + Get Paid $8 - ($10)
Worker - ($9)
Build Tech II - Primal - ($5)
Play Zagara - ($3)
Play Zurkling Rush - ($1)
Summon a Zurkling Token (Zagara ability) - ($0)
2 Zurklings (Card + 1 token) attack your Tech I for 2 damage

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician: Zurkling (1/1)

In Play:

• Creep Tumor
  • Zagara (L1: 2/2)
  • Zurkling (1/1)
  • Zurkling (1/1)

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 6

Gold:

• Workers: 9
Card Check - Opponent Viewable

Expected Cards 12 = Starting +10, Tech +6, Workers -4

• Deck: 6
  • In play: 1
  • Workers: 4

Thoughts

First off… it never feels good being on the defense. I am also tense about what threats he could be dropping. So even if I win this game… kuddos to Nope for making me hella uncomfortable.

Second, wow I did not expect that level of aggression. I am glad I took what I felt was the most defensive option. I was apprehensive about going down on a card, but that choice paid off.

He saved a card because he skipped a worker, however, I liked my responsive aggressive line to set his Tech I at 3 HP. Now it is within sniping range. That may force him into wanting to build his Tech II next turn, otherwise I can likely punish him (though he has not yet seen Burrow Strike in my deck.)

However, since he skipped a worker, he will only be getting $7 + $1 float. If he pays $1 to work and $4 to build Tech II, that’ll leave him with only 3 cards in hand and $3 gold to work with, plus his maxed MaxG in play. If he teched in R&D early, he may be able to recover from going down on cards next turn and maintain pressure. Even if he did tech it in, there is a fairly low chance he has it.

He is currently at 7 workers to my 9. I have my Tech II and he has not yet teched up. He has a level 5 (3/4) MaxG to my level 1 (2/2) Zagara. If he pressures aggressively, like with another Nullcraft (I believe there is a 1-in-10 chance he drew that after shuffling in.

I have been pretty Zurkling-dependent up to this point. He could have punished this with an early Assimilate tech in to steal away my Creep Tumor. I was worried about the Stewardess early game, but I feel I got lucky at a couple different points.

I think the only way I get punished here is if he can safely build his Tech II next turn and follow up with either R&D or a Slow Time Generator the following turn to punish my Macro game. However knowing what is in my hand and the potential to Maxband Zagara next turn, I can fairly confidently play into either an aggressive mid-game push OR macro ahead of him into Tech III. I think the Brutalisk is nowhere near a Tier 1 tech 3 unit… however it fits a lot of unique niches and would allow me to apply crushing pressure.

Edit: 1 Zurkling was mislabeled as a Card rather than a token. This was noted in a subsequent post which has been deleted, but I did not edit until after Nope took his turn. Somehow the Card Check was accidentally done correctly. (I think I missed the Creep Tumor but mis-included a Zurkling Token as a Card.) If that is the biggest error I ever make in my tracking / awareness on the forums here, I will be very pleased with myself.

@Nopethebard’s turn!

1 Like

P1t5

Hand

Now!
Seer
Argonaut
Time Spiral

Worker

Time Spiral

Tech

Hyperion + Tricycloid

Get paid + float ($8)
Worker ($7)
Hire Argonaut ($4)
Build Tech 2: Present ($0)

Squad leader: Argonaut (3/4)
In play: Geiger (3/4) Battle Suits

Tech 1: 3
Tech 2: 5
8 workers

Deck: 5
Discard: 4

New Hand

R&D
R&D
Temporal Research
Nullcraft

Thoughts

Now I’ve drawn both. I’m getting deliciously evil ideas. Like ushering in the late game with Free Tech 2 units with Promise of Payment.

P2T5

TECH
Corrosive Bile
Primal Power

STARTING HAND
Hydralisk
Changeling - Worker
Zurkling Rush
Zurkling
Infested Argonaut

WORKERS
Queen
Hatchery
Inject Larva
Roach
Changeling

NextHand

Drone
Burrow Strike
Ultralisk
Spine Crawler
Roach

Discard

Infested Argonaut
Zurkling Rush
Hydralisk
Corrosive Bile
Brutalisk
Zurkling

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
Midband Zagara (Now 2/4) - ($5)
Zagara attacks Argonaut for 2 (1 to A)
Maxband Zagara (Frenzy 1 to units) - ($3)
Summon Dehaka - ($1)
Play Zurkling from hand - ($1)
Summon 1 Zurkling token (Zagara’s ability) - ($0)
2 Zurklings tokens trade to kill Argonaut
2 Zurklings tokens trade to kill Max Gieger (+2 Lvls to Dehaka)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Zurkling (1/1+A, Card)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Zagara (L6: 2/6)

In Play:

• Creep Tumor
  • Dehaka (L3: 2/4)

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 1
  • Disc: 5

Gold:

• Workers: 10
Card Check - Opponent Viewable

Expected Cards 13 = Starting +10, Tech +8, Workers -5

• Deck: 1
  • Discard: 5
  • In Play: 2
  • Workers: 5
Thoughts

I thought I could maybe build my Tech III safely this turn, but I felt there was too much value in pressuring with Zagara’s frenzy with +2 additional Zurklings for 1 gold (up to 5 total). It is okay though, there was no way I was drawing into my Brutalisk next turn anyway.

Options:

• Pretty sure I will worker the Spine Crawler if I can afford it.
  • Macro - If he lets me build my tech III on T6, I will tech in 2 copies of Brutalisk, and I should have good odds to play one on T7 and pressure the win on T8 or T9. That leaves me with $5 leftover…
    • Which could summon out a defensive Ultralisk to hold the line until a Mutalisk or Brutalisk comes out the following turn.
    • Or could play any combination of (choose 2): Burrow Stirke, Roach, Drone
  • Aggro - Alternatively I can max out Dehaka next turn for $4 of my $10 for a potential play at Primal Power. That plus Zagara’s frenzy will make the hasted Zurklings truly terrifying. This would still allow me to build my Tech III for $5 and have $1 left over to play either the Drone, summon a Zagara Zurkling, or to worker up to 11.

I am at the point where I should be able to ride out my economy into a macro-win. If he makes a super aggressive play this upcoming turn, I can respond similarly.

Super-bummer that I bottom-decked the Mutalisk… I was really hoping to get the 1/3 chance to play it this turn (T5). There was a 5/9 chance of getting it for next turn (T6). Now, best-case scenario, it is an iffy T7 play, with a very wide range of hand possibilities.

With him in Present… there is a high likelihood of seeing some Hyperions. Tricycloid is very likely a possibility too. Chronofixer is not a threat. Immortal could be an inconvenience, but with where his economy and income is at, I am not too afraid of that snowballing. I am not afraid of Octavion. I will need to keep an eye on him to see if he makes timing play into a Tech Lab for Ebflow Archon, however he put himself behind on workers for making that play.

I don’t think he has any plays to kill Zagara. Not that I have any potential aggressive plays for her next turn… but I think that sets up for a couple potentially brutal T7 options with Mutalisk plus the potential of a Zurkling Rush. I am starting to feel more confident finally. The opening of this game had me hella anxious until he sped up Plasmo over extending Fargo’s lifespan.

@Nopethebard’s turn!
Edit: (Removed armor from Zagara that was incorrect.)

1 Like

P1t6

Hand

R&D
R&D
Temporal Research
Nullcraft

Worker

Neo Plexus

Tech

Tricycloid + Immortal

Get paid ($8)
Hire Prynn ($6)
Cast Temporal Research ($4)
Worker ($3)
Hire Argonaut ($0)

Squad leader: Argonaut (3/4)
Technician: Prynn (1/3)****

Tech 2: 5
9 workers

Deck: 8

New Hand

Plasmodium
Tricycloid
Tricycloid
Fading Argonaut
Immortal

1 Like

P2T6

TECH
Swarm Attack
Swarm Attack

STARTING HAND
Ultralisk
Drone
Spine Crawler
Burrow Strike
Roach

WORKERS
Queen
Hatchery
Inject Larva
Roach
Changeling

NextHand

Primal Power
Roach
Spine Crawler
Mutalisk
Ultralisk

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Play Burrow Strike (deal 3 to Argo) - ($8)
Zurkling kills Argo
Max Dehaka - ($2)
Dehaka kills Prynn, you draw 1, overpower 1 to your tech 2
Summon a Zurkling from Zagara - ($1)
Zagara & Zurkling destroy tech 2
Play Drone - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Dehaka (L7: 4/3, 1 dmg)
  • :pschip: Technician: Drone (1/1)

In Play:

• Creep Tumor
  • Zagara (L6: 2/6)
  • Zurkling (1/1)

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5 - Primal

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 7

Gold:

• Workers: 10
Thoughts

My initial inclination was to play the Ultralisk for 5 and build my tech 3. That set me up a solid defense for a strong push next turn and I could tech in 2 Brutalisks this turn and have decent odds to draw (drawing 4 from 11 after RS). I have noticed from playing this game that my instincts are often defensive, but careful thought often proves well-timed attacks to be slightly stronger.

However, then I started looking at my aggressive lines, specifically, if there was an option to break through his patrol and destroy his tech 2. Once I found the line, my only follow-up question was do I play the drone or build a worker? Also, what did I want to tech into (given that I would have a good chance of drawing it.)

Unfortunately I did not draw one of the Swarm Attacks for next turn, but Mutalisk is almost as good. Zagara should live the turn and be able to give Frenzy 1. Because I was able to pop his Tech 2, I don’t have to fear a hasted Hyperion taking out Dehaka, so I should be able to use Primal Power to give an additional +2 ATK to all my units. That makes the Mutalisk (2+3/3, flying, haste) that will summon a buddy (akin to a Rambassa Twin)… threatening 10 damage in the sky. Muta is only $3 and PP only $2, so that leaves me with $5. So I would be completely happy with him killing my Drone technician with a Nullcraft. If I can draw into a Swarm Attack, that will give me four 4/1 Zurklings with haste from the remaining $5.

I was able to survive earlier through him going down on cards and skipping workers with some solid defensive play (MVP: Spine Crawler and early Tower). Now I should be able to push this out to an end in a turn or two.

@Nopethebard’s turn!

Doesn’t dehaka have attacking armour?

1 Like

That is the revised version that will be posted with the next update.

However we are testing off the last posted PDF. (I linked to it in the 2nd post.)

In which he goes from a:
L1: 2/4, to L4: 3/4 readiness, to L7: 4/4 with overpower.

The revised version will have -1 HP at level 1, but “Attacks: Gets +1 armor this turn.”

The change will make Dehaka slightly weaker early game and slightly stronger later (once at midband.)