NFTT - Prize discussion!

This might work as a timeslot that works for me for an inclusion of Asia @Bob199 ?

I have basically concluded that I will just keep the monthly payouts instead of saving up to a larger ones for at least a few months. If that works well, we might see if there is some reasons for changing it up.

Thanks for all the feedback! :smiley: Be ready upcoming sunday for the first round of the tournament! :smiley:

for me would be damn late. starting at midnight means ending about 2 amโ€ฆ
:cry:

Just saying that if I am the one running it, that would be the one slot I think works the best for me.

Would work for me!

That should be a doable time

bit too late for me, as for legion ( would probably need it a couple of hours earlier to make it

1 Like

Well, the first tournament is at least EU friendly time, then we can see whether or not it is possible to schedule something that includes both EU or Asia and/or all of the continents.

I skimmed the thread, but I donโ€™t think this has been mentioned. With $250, I would have 8 tournaments with a $20 prize, and a final tournament of the eight champions for a $100 prize.

You may be thinking, โ€œCKR, that adds up to $260.โ€ My reply would be, โ€œI would chip in the final $10.โ€ This is much smaller than @neigutten 's contribution, but every little bit helps. Neigutten, let me know if this is something that you would be interested in making happen. I am hype.

Edit: btw, With all of this talk of time zones, the final tournament could be a three round weekly tournament because of the potential problem of getting all the winners together. I would be willing to help run that event.

Remember, I am just throwing ideas at you. Take up on them if you like them and discard them if you donโ€™t.

8 Likes

Ooooo, this is definitely very enticing!

I guess I could try and mimic the capcom pro tour system, having X amount of spots for wins, and some amounts of spots for participation points.

Also, being willing to donate money to the pot is truly appreciated! 10$ might not be as much as I have said I will put into the pot, but it is still a great deal. In these economic times any amount of donations is truly amazing <3 <3

3 Likes

Instead of making yet another thread for the tournament series, Iโ€™ll keep this going here.

I want to take @CKR idea. Skimming 5 dollars off all the tournaments, and put it all in a larger one at the end.

How exactly the larger tournament will play out will be up for discussion throughout the first 1-2 months, to see whether we can get something that works for most people.

Currently, I am using the Capcom ProTour point system for seeding, the Tier 2 Regional Ranking / Online Event points. My first thought is that the 8 that has the most points total would be the ones competing for the large prize. If it is only winners, we probably end up in situations where previous winners either canโ€™t join other tournaments or that the top placers end up being all previous winners.

To me, having previous winners continually participating to get points to get a better seeding seems better.

3 Likes

Well, I got 3 likes and no other comments against my last post, so I will write up a post about the specifics and paste in the first post of the Round 2 topic and spread it around to the sanctuary, BGG and steam forums ^^

Any other suggestions to what forums I should be spreading it too?