Master Puzzler Revival

On step 80 of game 3, you had your two reds together in your three-chip bag. Then you played a draw 2 to separate them. Unless you’d already given up on playing those, drawing 2 was actively counterproductive and you would’ve been better off passing the turn without playing anything or (as you mentioned) crashing the 3.

1 Like

Good point!

@PumpedAaron vs @CarpeGuitarrem

:chibitroq: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibisetsuki:
:chibitroq: :pschip: : :pscrash: : :chibisetsuki:

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’m ever going to get over double-playing Risky Move while at high chip pile for a self-checkmate. Oops.

2 Likes

There’s only going to be one match between two undefeated players this week, i’m hype to watch it, can you post when you’re playing @petE

2 Likes

we’re planning to play 12.30pm EST tomorrow (Friday)
Edit: looking to reschedule

2 Likes

petE 3 - 1 keithburgun
:chibigrave: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibionimaru:
:chibigrave: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibionimaru:

2 Likes

Quaz 3 - 2 Zeromh
Gwen 1 - 0 grave
Gwen 0 - 1 Grave
BBB 0 - 1 Grave
BBB 1 - 0 Grave
BBB 1 - 0 Grave

2 Likes

Round 3
Zqxx v @jch3xf
3–1

Starting Bank
  • Risky Move
  • It’s a Trap
  • Knockdown
  • Sales Prices
  • Draw Three
  • Gems to Gemonade
  • Iron Defense
  • Self Improvement
  • One of Each
  • Combos are Hard

:valerie::psfist::pschip::rook:

I know @jch3xf likes to play :rook:, and I don’t fancy a mirror match, so I go with :valerie:. Some good draws at the beginning get my economy going, and a light rush-down using Knockdown to send lots of small gems over and over gets me a win.

Knockdown :blackarrow: One-Two Punch

Fairly drawn out game. We both lean into economy this round, with One-Two Punch making Draw Three-based strategies a lot more appealing. An early Combos are Hard purchase gives me a little edge with a free Double Crash and 4 gem. After quite a long period of footsies and big-cost buys, we ended at a point where we were both regularly cycling through most of our decks and launching 4+ gems each turn just to stay alive.

Combos are Hard :blackarrow: Roundhouse

:valerie::pschip::psfist::rook:

I take a risk turn 1 by getting :ps_: and a :pschip: off Creative Thoughts, hoping for the 3/5 chance that I would draw a fourth :ps1gem: and then have $5 during the buy phase to nab a first turn :ps3gem:. Unfortunately it doesn’t hit, leaving me on $4, and I don’t have a good back up plan. This misstep resulted in me quickly falling behind @jch3xf’s economy curve, and I didn’t manage to construct a good counter deck before losing.

Draw Three :blackarrow: Mix Master

Turn 2 I buy a Mix Master, and by turn 5 I have laid a trap on Combines before @jch3xf had a chance to buy any. This scared her off of buying Combines. So, I picked up some deck cycling and extra arrows, and then slowly chipped away at @jch3xf’s pile height while playing Mix Master each cycle.

Thanks for the games!

6 Likes

Me vs @Happy_Thoughts

:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:

GGS!

3 Likes

@Castanietzsche 3 - 0 @Bryce_The_Rice
:persephone: :pscrash: :pschip: :troq: “Really annoying” is aplty named !
:persephone: :pscrash: :pschip: :setsuki: I think I offered about 10 wounds to my opponent on this one
:persephone: :pscrash: :pschip: :setsuki: Bomber chose to remove Really Annoying from the bank. I played aggressively from the start in consequence, my opponent didn’t react to my very purplish shopping and overengineered.

1 Like

fuck persephone

2 Likes

NopetheBard beats Ohithere 3-2

:chibirook: < :chibisetsuki:
I made the mistake of not buying crash gems and didn’t have one at the crucial moment
:chibirook: < :chibisetsuki:
I tried to save my 4-gem for later but he countercrashed and I couldn’t block
:chibirook: > :chibisetsuki:
Got ahead in econ and set up big 4-gem+2gem crash
:chibirook: > :chibisetsuki:
Did something similar to the previous game
GGs @ohithere

4 Likes

Great games, again, nopethebard! All 5 were super fun even though I came up short in the end. :sob:

4 Likes

Have you tried throwing :ps4gem:s at her until she goes away?

3 Likes

I can’t, I have too many wounds

1 Like

Hobusu vs @PumpedAaron

:chibisetsuki: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibitroq:

Final score: Hobusu 0 – PumpedAaron 3
PumpedAaron wins

2 Likes

Hobusu vs @ohithere

:chibisetsuki: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibisetsuki:

Final score: Hobusu 3 – ohithere 0
Hobusu wins

Good games! I feel like this mostly came down to ohithere not quite understanding how a couple of the chips worked at first, since this is the kind of game where playing with that kind of misunderstanding for any length of time is likely to result in a string of misplays centered around that misunderstanding. Also, after the first game he tried to re-randomize the bank but it didn’t work; he got it figured out after the second game, though.

Also, it turns out I like the Setsuki mirror match in this game too, not just Yomi. :chibisetsuki:

5 Likes

Yeah, very fun games. I made some rookie mistakes early on but you deserve the wins. Well played!

4 Likes

Quaz 3 - 0 petE
Was a very fun game!
:chibiargagarg: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibimidori:
:chibiargagarg: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibigrave:
:chibiargagarg: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibigrave:

Each game I was able to crash a 4 just when there was a momentary weakness/opening.

3 Likes