Master Puzzler Revival

Yeah, I think I can finagle challonge to make that work.

5 Likes

I beat Zqxx 3-1!
:chibigwen: :pschip::pscrash: :chibigeiger:
:chibigrave: :pscrash::pschip: :chibigeiger:
:chibigrave: :pscrash::pschip: :chibisetsuki:
:chibigrave: :pscrash::pschip: :chibisetsuki:

4 Likes

@petE, @Happy_thoughts, you guys should go ahead and play if you get a chance, I haven’t had a chance to futz with challenge yet.

1 Like

Ok, challonge is all set now. @petE, @Happy_Thoughts, have a good match!

4 Likes

jch3xf 4-1 PumpedAaron
:chibirook::pscrash::pschip::chibitroq:
:chibirook::pschip::pscrash::chibitroq:

3 Likes

petE 3 - 2 Happy_Thoughts
:chibirook: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibigloria:
:chibirook: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibimidori:
:chibirook: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibimidori:
:chibizane: :pschip: :pscrash: :chibimidori:
:chibizane: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibimidori:
close games !

3 Likes

And with that Round 1 is complete.

6 Likes

Zqxx v @Castanietzsche
3 — 0

:chibirook::psfist::pschip::chibiquince:
:chibirook::psfist::pschip::chibiargagarg:
:chibirook::psfist::pschip::chibitroq:

:codexrook: :codexrook: :codexrook:

3 Likes

Just beat ohithere 3-0.

:chibionimaru: :pscrash::pschip: :chibisetsuki:

4 Likes

petE 3 - 0 zeromh
:chibimidori: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibimidori:
:chibimidori: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibigrave:
:chibimidori: :pscrash: :pschip: :chibigrave:

I drew first player advantage in the Midori mirror game 1, and a bank friendly enough to keep going through games 2-3

2 Likes

^ This is a very kind description for me getting trounced! ^ :smile:

1 Like

Quaz (onimaru) 3-0 jch3xf (rook)

1 Like

Match report for Qauz vs jch3xf.

Safe Keeping
Thinking Ahead
Button Mashing
Draw Three
Gem Essence -> One Two Punch
Chips for Free
Hundred Fist Frenzy
Signature Move
X-Copy
Custom Combo -> One of Each

Game 1: Qauz built his strategy around WTT(Gem Essence) -> Draw 3, cycling rapidly for most of the game, while jch3xf bought an early X-Copy and proceeded into a standard near-mono-purple build. As both players were content to let Double Slash ram into Stone Wall, and jch3xf yielded pile height superiority by crashing her first 4-gem right away, Qauz’s long plan won once jch3xf’s deck expanded enough to be unreliable.

Gem Essence -> One-Two Punch

Game 2: Qauz opened by using WTT(Chips for Free) to convert his starting crash into a 4-gem while jch3xf delayed buying combines to set up a fork+draw3 engine that never fully came together. She also bought two more crash gems before any combines. Qauz reached his double crashes a cycle before jch3xf could buy Custom Combo to complete the engine, but when the opportunity arose, jch3xf declined the Custom Combo in favor of multiple X-Copies. jch3xf drew a 2x X-Copy 2x crash hand, but didn’t copy the other X-copy, only crashing 2; Qauz’s X-copied double crash in response overwhelmed her low-budget defense.

Custom Combo -> One of Each

Game 3: jch3xf once again opened by buying One Two Punch and Draw Three, adding X-Copy and One of Each for a ton of drawing power; Qauz responded by reaching for the combines after his Wartime Tactics activators. Jch3xf seemed inexperienced with the sort of engine she’d built; at one point she declined to use X-Copy for One Two Punch -> X-Copy Draw 3, preferring to hold X-copy in hope of a crash. The combine rush with double slash support hit home before the engine came together.

7 Likes

Wait a second, that’s genius

1 Like

In the third game of petE vs zeromh, you didn’t enter dragon form at all; a bunch of combines and an iron defense did all the work. It was less Midori doing Midori things in a Midori bank, and more Grave starting slow and investing in a :psfist: chain that didn’t line up.

1 Like

NopetheBard beats Bomber678
3-0
:chibirook: > :chibimidori:
:chibirook: > :chibimidori:
:chibirook: > :chibijaina:
Ggs Bomber

I was Jaina in the third game

1 Like

Right my mistake I’ll fix it

I entered Dragon Form on turn 4 (cycle 2), but was forced out at pile height 8 on turn 6. Overall felt the bank was still decent for Midori with Iron Defence there since game 1. Maybe needed a chip switch like Iron Defence -> Stolen Purples rather than Roundhouse -> Axe Kick for Grave?

I was wondering how people were analyzing these games… and then I found that they’re saved on the server! This is great.

Here are my thoughts on my games with petE.

Game 1:
I think I should’ve bought Combine on my 3rd turn, rather than Iron Defense. I don’t even think I had a good reason for Iron Defense - just was panicking at not knowing how to fight Midori with Midori (it was my first mirror match).

I’m also questioning my Dragon Form enter/exit timing, but I’m not confident that changing that would on average have made for a better outcome.

Game 2:
Probably lots of misplays on my part, but two big ones: I essentially forgot to buy a Combine until too late, and I meant to go for an early DcG but the way I spent my money/upgrades was poor.

Game 3:
Again not great spending on my part. Agreed with Bucky that my red attacks never came together. I also think not crashing my 3-gem when I had the chance was probably not a good move.

Any other thoughts?

2 Likes