How did you organize your codex binders?

I own the Deluxe Box. I use the front half-page of the binder for the 3 heroes, their Spec mini card above each hero, and the worker card below. The middle full pages i use as suggested in the rulebook. I keep the Starter decks in the box using the dividers, along with the colors associated tokens.

I have the Deluxe set and use the same method as Juicer.
What I want to know is - what do you do with all your binders? They are too fat to fit back in the large box.
Iā€™d like to keep the binders all together - guess Iā€™m going to go with a bag or tote or something.

A GoodLife fitness gym bag has worked well for me. lol

I assume Sotek is probably back from vacation by now, but if you get another extended opportunity for trolling, might I suggest:

• remove one copy of each card from each binder
  • shuffle your pile of cards
  • deal one card into each pocket, placing it behind the existing card.

Itā€™s probably funniest if you do this with a subset of the cards, maybe just 3 or 4 per binder.

3 Likes

This is not a prank. This is an extremely cruel form of terrorism. :cry:

4 Likes

Youā€™re a monster. And I actually like Sotek.

2 Likes

Another vote for the same style as Juicer! Didnā€™t look carefully but it looks like he too has his binders organized from low to high price, then alphabetized within the same price.

Unsure if anyone else does this, but I had some extra hard sleeves left over, so I put the spec minicards into one of those for each color and slide it in behind the worker card for each color : o

Not quite. I organize it by cost exclusively, except for Tech II. Since Tech II is split across two pages, in a group of three cards, and a then a pair, I tend to put upgrades and buildings on the two card side.

4 Likes

I organize my binders like the rulebook suggests. It would be nice to have all faction-related cards inside the binders, but green and black just have too many tokens. Instead I made a pile of hero cards, starter cards, worker cards and tokens (in this order) for each faction and put it separately into the box. This may consume more space when travelling with something other than the deluxe box, but it reduces startup time of the games as there is no need to fiddle the starting deck out of the binder.

For the neutral factions I built my own Finesse and Bashing binders. They have less cards so everything fits on one double page. Left: Spells and Tech I, Right: Tech II and Tech III

I am using the method of TheJTrain: If you remove the inlay all components fit nicely, even two or three additional playmats.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found that the last page of the binder makes a good place to keep tokens. Green has an abnormally large number, admittedly (Protip: if a given type of token is summoned in sets of more than one, you can put more than one of a given token into the same pocket)

1 Like

I have the first page of the binder with each of the starter cards, then on the next page I have the 1 starter that didnā€™t fit in the top left corner, and the worker in the lower left corner.

On the same page, I have my heroes all to the right on the page.

Corresponding spells are then on the page to the right of them, until the ultimate spell, which is on the next page. After that we have tech ones, twos and threes like the rulebook suggests ^^

1 Like

So, I have a 4 pocket/page binder, with the card openings facing the ā€œcenterā€ and only on one side of each page.

What Iā€™ve done is put the 8 (single) cards I almost always tech in the middle pages, so they are all visible. Then going to the right I have each Heroā€™s spells (one page per, stakced 2 per slot), followed by the Tech 3, the Tech 2 cards I expect to never bring in, and the starter deck cards. To the left I have 1 page with the rest of the Tech 1 cards, then one page per spec for Tech 2 cards, and the Heroes on the very leftmost page so they are visible from the front when I open the binder.

The 2x2 size fits better at the table than the larger version (plus itā€™s what I had)