Degrey

How do I even deal with Degrey? It always feels like he’s better at every part of the game than me so I just can’t do anything. Is there anything I can do to mitigate this? What weaknesses does he have?

2 Likes

unless he has AA he has very little payoff from winning combat with an attack. 56J is decent but its not a lot of damage for winning with something so slow. Knowing he doesn’t really want to attack too much and that he has extremely slow throws can make it hard for him to win combats. he needs Aces to operate and usually needs people to open up throwing him a lot. That said he has a lot of HP, several of the bests cards in the game where 4 is a better mixup than anything Quince can do with pretty much no setup, 7 is the fastest throw in the game and AA can attach to any combat win. There’s a reason he’s probably the best character in the game in a vacuum.

3 Likes

So try throwing more is my best answer. Okay. That being said maybe 19XX rules should be standard. IDK

characters that deal a lot of damage from throwing and characters that can start hitting hard early are his best counter. Which is why Zane is best vs him

3 Likes

DeGrey 4 and DeGrey 7, right beneath Arg A on my list of most hated cards.

1 Like

Similar opinion, though I also put Time Spirals there too

Setsuki is also a good pick vs him. Her speeds can oppress him quite nicely, she can KD as an ender, and she mostly disables degreys inate ability.

degrey is one of the most annoying chars with troq and zane, cuz he can destroy brittle chars like sets in 2-3 combat wins and almost anyone with 3-4. He has good payoff of everything and even a simple dodge into Q does insane dmg+KD.
I suggest you using either zane ( on KD zane has meaties and aside from K degr has no atk faster than 1.2) or troq (rarely builds a big hand due to GG and has stomp to punish a low hand degrey)

2 Likes

DeGrey’s existence is why I play Zane. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I love forcing a cocky degrey on no card with troq.

1 Like

“Low-hand DeGrey? More like NO-HAND DeGrey!”

5 Likes