Youtube videos?

The only question is which games should I do? I can probably provide strategy talk, (even better if they have notes) but I don’t know which games are worth.

Maybe I should start with my own?

1 Like

Do whatever you want, with the amount of desicions that is able to do in a match, there is always something to delve into even if the desicion that was made is ultimately the wrong one.

Final/late stage matches from any of the tournaments could be a good place to start.

I also thought that this match was quite interesting to follow and had some very good strategy commentary throughout. It’s EricF vs frozenstorm in CAFS playing PPA mirror: CAFS 2016: FrozenStorm ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) vs. EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

2 Likes

Alright, maybe I’ll make that my first project.

4 Likes

Cant wait for your project

My tripod arrived in the mail today! Just waiting on the battery pack now! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll hopefully get started tonight, we’ll see.
I’ll have to work out the best way to film, as my webcam won’t reach my bed…
Might have to borrow my dad’s camera and find a way to set it up.

Alternatively I could just use my floor.

(My desk is too small unless I totally cleared it. Although… Maybe I should anyway)

2 Likes

Ahh wait, I just realised… I can’t do mirror matches! I only have one deluxe set.
So… A different game, sadly.

1 Like

I’m real excited to spend several hours uploading 1080p videos to YouTube, he said self-face-punchingly.

7 Likes

But in a shocking turn of events, he remembers that he does have another set, the original beta cards.

I’m not a clever man.

3 Likes

Now I’m working out how to hang a camera over my desk.
Efforts so far are futile. Maybe I should eat dinner and try later.

2 Likes

What I did for my twilight imperium stream was to tie 2 thin ropes between 4 nails in opposite walls and hang it on the ropes :wink:

1 Like

Considering how far apart my walls are, that could have disastrous consequences. I’ll keep it in mind though.

I hear shaky cam is popular.

1 Like

howdareu.jpg

1 Like

I can’t even suspend it shakily. I’d have to be holding it, and that’s just not feasible.
I’ve asked my dad and we’ll work something out.

If you have amazon or something, you can maybe get a cheap tripod for like $20 maybe?

For a webcam? I really need it to be pointing straight down for the best view, and I don’t think a tripod will do that.

Might need to do some research on the appropriate
mount, but could do. Ah, I was thinking kind of an angled shot from the side of the board - I guess straight down would be ideal but way harder to set up.

2 Likes

A tripod is fine. See this as an example. Perfection is the enemy of the good here. Trust me: if you get some videos up, even if they aren’t perfect, people will really enjoy it. If you try and make it perfect, you might burn yourself out before you’re even able to make a video.

5 Likes