in Flagstone City

:bbb::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:bbb::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:troq::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:troq::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:troq::psfist::pschip::rook:

Good games!

7 Likes

Fun games! The first Sets/BBB got off to a rocky start with an Extensor Grab over 9 throw setting range on turn 1. Try my best, I wasn’t able to claw my way back (I kept losing the BBB guessing game). Game 2 I was able to keep close much more effectively, though.

The Sets/Troq matches felt fairly close, with a plethora of Ace pokes on my side (and I managed to stuff a raw Beast). Switching to Rook felt like a mistake through the first half, but I was able to scrape my way back to approximate life parity before getting Warstomped down to a nearly empty hand and then finished by an Eagle Totem.

6 Likes

The grappler Yomi triangle goes like this:

:troq: > :rook: > :midori: > :troq:

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t sure, and :rook: is definitely my backup character. Ah, well, lesson learned.

2 Likes

BBB is effin’ incomprehensible! :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

thehug0naut vs @Ivan in THE DREADLANDS

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::rook: Random was not kind to Ivan here!
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::geiger: Didn’t draw any throws apart from one 10 for almost the whole match. Geiger looooves to block :dizzy_face:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::geiger: OMG throws! I manage to pull a win after a really tense back and forth. Really close game.
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::geiger: I expected a range shift here and my intuition paid off. Probably the turning point was when I managed to joker his dodge into Cycloid, though I had a real scare when I auto-clicked and let him get a TD up :open_mouth: Thankfully for me I managed to navigate it successfully and then countered his second TD. This left him starved of attacks that beat A-block letting me punch and bleed him out.

thehug0naut wins 3-1!

This was my first play of Argagarg vs Geiger and it felt bloody scary people. Is it really only slight Geiger advantage?

Really good tense games @Ivan, much closer than the final score shows. It really could have gone either way imo. I look forward to seeing great things from your Geiger in future!

8 Likes

Castanietzsche vs @HarryBModest
3 - 0
:chibiquince: :psfist: :pschip: :chibisetsuki:

[details=Match 1]

I played a lot of blocks and dodges to Patriot Mirror were my main strategy ![/details]
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

[details=Match 2]

Wow, 3 Twos on the first hand ! I didn’t play much more aggressive than game 1, something like 80% of blodges. Turn 1 raw Queen was successful, but I tried again Turn 4 and it didn’t work :stuck_out_tongue: [/details]
:codexquince: :psfist: :pschip: :codexsetsuki:

[details=Match 3]

I began with no face cards or aces and no dodges. I blocked to get some of these, powered up a four-of-a-kind with six and chose to use Consent of the Governed after a spinning J dodge for fun :stuck_out_tongue: It was a really bad idea, I went low on cards for the rest of the match and it finished with something like 8hp for me :open_mouth: . Still didn’t draw any joker (on the 3 matchs) but better to have luck on card reveal than on draws :stuck_out_tongue: [/details]

Thanks for the matchs mate ! :smiley:
These were really fun !

7 Likes

:ok_hand::eyes::ok_hand::eyes::ok_hand::eyes::ok_hand::eyes::ok_hand::eyes: good shit go౦ԁ sHit​:ok_hand: thats :heavy_check_mark: some good​:ok_hand::ok_hand:shit right​:ok_hand::ok_hand:there​:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: right​:heavy_check_mark:there :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:if i do ƽaү so my self :100: i say so :100: thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ:100: :ok_hand::ok_hand: :ok_hand:НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ:ok_hand: :ok_hand::ok_hand: :ok_hand: :100: :ok_hand: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :ok_hand::ok_hand:Good shit

10 Likes

CCC vs. @Castanietzsche

3-1

:geiger: > :quince:
:geiger: > :troq:
:geiger: < :zane: (Magic Pixel boyz)
:valerie: > :zane:

ggs well played

4 Likes

Caralad vs @MysticDeadman

Caralad wins 3-1

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: - The accidental counter pick results in a beast unleashed the turn after MD calls it out
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru: - Onimaru is the new BBB apparently
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru: - I dodge with 2 attacherd blocks…but with only 2 aces in hand. Sad bull is sad
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru: - Ending in style with a triple bubble shield

GG’s man, good luck with your other game tonight.

8 Likes

Triple Bubble Shield? God has no mercy for men like you.

5 Likes

International Yomi League
Dreadlands Division, Week 2
Mystic Deadman vs. @Ms.Stress

:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibisetsuki:
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibitroq:
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibitroq:

Final Score
MD 3-0 Ms. Stress

So, unlike my match with @Caralad, I decided to do a little scouting before our match and I learned that Ms. Stress apparently likes playing Troq.

Great, 2 Troqs to start my season. /wrist

Anyway, the only strong counter to the bull I have is Onimaru, so I decided that today, Gwen was going to be preserving her health on the sidelines while Onimaru got things rolling. Come Game 1 of our set, and Ms. Stress decides to throw a Smoke Bomb into my eyesl

Suddenly NINJA.

Game 1 almost came off as Ms. Stress having some trouble getting her hands the way she wanted them. Not a whole lot of the combats she won resulted in hand dumps, which helped me a lot. Toward the lategame, though, she started getting some Speed of the Bag loops going. Her last one resulted in her putting QQ2 into her hand, which came off as interesting to me. Dodging a Q into K+ for lethal sealed the deal.

Game 2, and here comes the bulls—. (Obligatory Troq is a bull pun) So, here’s a question. What happens if two big, beefy beings are thrown into a ring to fight one another? Why, they trade haymaker after haymaker of course, and that’s how Game 2 played out. I biffed her, she bapped me. I pow’d her, she kablammo’d me. Near the middle of the match, she played 2 War Stomps in one turn,and I was sure that I was about to be victimized in a game of Rykerball. Right after that turn, I scummed out by mashing DP 3 turns in a row, after which Ms. Stress said, “No, f— you.*” and Good Move’d a throw attempt. We decided that HP is for p-----s and, as a result, our final combat came down to 3 HP vs. 3 HP. She blocked a 10 and I was like, “i have a huge sword lemme crush.**” for the win.

Game 3, and it plays out a smidge closer to how it should. Instant Ace gets a Clockwork Soldier in play on turn 1, and pressure plays allow me to cash in on it a few turns later, hitting Q vs. 5 attack. Ms. Stress is the Queen of Clutch Dodges, though, and is able to successfully backdash 4 out of 7 turns to positive effect. She brings me to 31 health, but runs into the wall that is FA spam. On a KD turn, when I was sure she would try to block me, she hits my 8 with a Good Move that knocks me down to 11. She then dodges agsin and I, certain that she had enough in hand to end the game, offer a congratulation to her. Unfortunately, it turns out that she can only throw as a follow-up, and it leaves me at 1 HP. Next turn sees her play a fast J versus my Q, and it’s enough to end an incredibly tense set.

GGs, Ms. Stress. Your brother has done an excellent job of training you. Good luck to you in the remainder of the season.

*She didn’t actually say this. This was added in for dramatic and comedic effect.
**I actually did say this, because I’m not a good person.

8 Likes

More like I forced her to learn that character for FSX because she didn’t have much time to get prepared. She really wants to branch out but she still doesn’t know what all the characters do yet. The first time she played against Oni was me crushing her with him just yesterday.

2 Likes

Oh great. Now she doesn’t have a good experience with one of the more fun characters on the roster.

She’s turning into me, with Oni in place of Geiger.

2 Likes

snoc vs @Attilian, Dreadlands R2

:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

snoc wins 3-2!

GGs Attilian. I checked the match history and saw the 20XX meta, where :zane: > :gloria:, :degrey: > :lum: and :troq:>:setsuki:, so I decided to avoid my “mains” and switch to my waifu :chibivalerie: as she seems to have a mostly reasonable spread against those. Was sad to see what I felt was the worst of the three up first! I thought you had me after I lost with Setsuki. Went to her because I figured I’d have the better of the counterpick carousel if all went to plan, but I managed to lose the advantaged DeGrey matchup, so I went back to Valerie. Felt even more out of it, but managed to pull off a pretty exciting comeback and close out the set with MY GIRL.

Not sure who on paper is better against Valerie out of the three. Troq seems to have really good buttons on his face cards and AA to beat normals/BoS, and shouldn’t have too much difficulty attaching blocks. Zane can just do Zane things, and hope I don’t have A/BoS to deal with Meaties, and as discussed DeGrey has to play A dodge enough to make Val scared of attacking and then pressure throws with PCP and Q.

Glad to see some spectators in there too, always good to have a bit of hype.

8 Likes

morningstar sanctuary
mysticjuicer 3 - 0 pengwndude

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:

ggs

Set was much closer than the final score would make it seem; I don’t think any game ended with me above 20 HP. The sweat was definitely real.

13 Likes

The treachery is also very real

4 Likes

vengefulpickle 1 - 3 Fivec
Flagstone

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::setsuki:

All of the games ended with each of us within one solid combo of lethal, but Fivec played the safer Setsuki, and closed them out consistently.

Good games!

8 Likes

…but I played Rook this time!

5 Likes

Are you judging him based on his color?!?!

2 Likes