:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:

very tense, very close games CKR

9 Likes

Someone stop that madman.

3 Likes

Friendly notice to everyone to check their scores on Challonge when they get a chance. I noticed that one of my matches (vs. @shamusj) didn’t get recorded, so I went in and added it real quick. Give your divisions a quick look, just in case one of yours slipped through the cracks too.

Remember, our TOs are human too and can make mistakes. :wink:

6 Likes

wheres rook vs setsuki

3 Likes

Shax vs @MR75
Shax loses 2-3 against the most infuriating playstyle ever.
Val 2x> grave. He attempts to throw me a total of 4 times and succeeds once
Val< Grave finally lands a tpos
Arg< grave x2 I’m pretty sure I tilted even though i was winning.

I think he drew both jokers every single game.

4 Likes

CKR over Jadiel 3-2

:zane:<:troq:
:geiger:>:troq:
:geiger:>:degrey:
:geiger:<:degrey:
:zane:>:degrey:

ggs.

4 Likes

Well, not every game… the two vs arg only one Joker :blush:
In my defense, I could say that 1st and 2nd round we went down to 11 and 8 cards left, so jokers around were expectable (but maybe he didn’t draw both of them) and in the end I lost those games anyway :disappointed_relieved:

GGs @Shax

2 Likes

Pandalands

CloudCuckooCountry vs HarryBModest

:geiger::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:geiger::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:midori::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:midori::psfist::pschip::setsuki:

The first two rounds were fairly close, but I was not prepared for Midori, and CloudCuckooCountry rocked me hard. Lots of great reads, and I couldn’t lay a finger on Midori in Dragon form. All in all great games.

4 Likes

ggs well played

My boyfriend and I decided to record the match so I can divvy my thought process. He’s not a Yomi player, but he’s interested in the mindgames aspect anyway, so we thought it would be a neat educational tool:

9 Likes

“I actually don’t have a read so I’m just going to ten throw.”-CCC

This was actually a very interesting look into Geiger hand management for me.

6 Likes

pengwndude vs @mydrothers
Morning Star
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
Scary last round

2 Likes

Flagstone City

Leontes vs. UTRALAW

Leontes wins 3-2 (whew!)

:midori::psfist::knockdown::onimaru:
:midori::knockdown::psfist::onimaru:
:degrey::psfist::knockdown::onimaru:
:degrey::knockdown::psfist::degrey:
:zane::psfist::knockdown::degrey:

Too scared to play full-time :midori:into your range of characters for a bo5. I did it anyway and stole a game, which turned out to be absolutely pivotal!

ggs!

7 Likes

Thanks for the great games kind of wanted it to be Bo7 just to see how it would play out lol

2 Likes

5:25 in the video
@flagrantangles: "The giggler and the ninja."
CCC’s partner: “What’s that flag guy, the giggler and the ninja? What the HECK was that supposed to mean?”

Absolutely DYING with laughter.

4 Likes

Thelo 3 - 2 copper8642
in Flagstone City

:troq::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:troq::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:troq::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:troq::pschip::psfist::bbb:
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::bbb:

Good games! I can’t believe I didn’t land a single Onimaru dodge vs BBB, geeze. Just mashed all my abilities as hard as I could, haha.

6 Likes

We’ve completed about one quarter of the games in this season of IYL, and so far, here are the top contenders:

In the Dreadlands:

1. @BD_Corro (an undefeated 3-0)
  2. @MR75 (only one games behind at 3-1)

In Morningstar Sanctuary:

1. The People’s Champion, @mysticjuicer (undefeated at 6!!-0)
  2. @Fluffiness, at close second at 5-1

In Flagstone City:

1. The deadly @Niijima-san (undefeated 5-0)
  2. SirlinGame’s own @Leontes, trailing 5-1

In Pandaland:

1. @ClanNatioy, undefeated with 5 matches played
  2. @CloudCuckooCountry, running 5-1

Those are your current leaders, get ready to knock them down a peg!

13 Likes

UTRALAW vs Floofines

Flagstone City

Floofiness Wins 3-2

:valerie::psfist::pschip::zane: Match started with alot of normals and throws being played. Slowly weaving Val hand size to something of a beast hand. Got hit a few times but was able to win out the damage race and took game one.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::grave: Game two was another slugfest this time getting hit in the face by alot of single Aces but was able to hit back a few of my own. During the late game more blocks and Q being played on Floofiness side but i had the life lead until i got hit in the face this time with a True Storm!!!
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::grave: Oni was able to set up some early attached Aces with the face cards to back them up. During the whole game all four 7 were played to peek at my glorious hand hehe :). Life total went down to the wired but cheated a win with Final Authority clashing a True Storm.
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::degrey: Remembering her Brother good advice, Degrey would be the final pick for Floofiness. The match went more back and forth than i thought but in the end the Aces and a Raw bunk was too much to handle.
:chibidegrey::pschip::psfist::degrey: Turns out my answer to Degrey is MORE DEGREY! This was a fun match both side hitting hard and fast. Floofines being the one to get to Top deck Degrey first with life totals at 10 to 6!!! in the end many Aces dodges later a 9 throw ended what was a very fun match!

GGS Floofiness hope to play u again down the lIne.

5 Likes

snoc vs @Caralad Dreadlands R5

:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :troq: BEAST UNLEASHED
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :troq: BEAST UNLEASHED
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :troq: BEAST AVOIDED
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :menelker: ONE HITPOINT
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :zane: BLOCKED ANARCHY

snoc wins 3-2!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Super annoyed that OBS died and didn’t record that. Took me until the 3rd game to get vaguely dialed into playing but then managed to find a bit of rhythm and get some results. GGs Caralad, awkward hands always feel so tricky to get out of.

Video possibly coming later if I can find the time to sit through the replays and add some post-commentary after the fact.

10 Likes

Flooffiness 3 - 1 @Copper8642
Flagstone City Week 3

:zane::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:zane::pschip::psfist::menelker:

GGs Copper

10 Likes

Ms.Stress vs @shamusj

Troq > Troq - closed the game by dodging into a super disrespectful Beast Unleashed when he had five health. I feel so bad but felt so good
Troq > Setsuki - it’s like I was fighting myself! Setsuki’s my go to girl after Troq
Troq > Setsuki - close match, much respect

Ms. Stress won 3-0

Thank you @shamusj for a fun match up, good luck to you in future rounds!

6 Likes