[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Round 3 - Sign-Ups Open Until Tourney Start (Late Summer)

Hey everyone!

Keeping the ball rolling after round 2. Indicate in the thread whether you’re interested in participating. If you’re interested in acting as co-TO, let me know - I’ll pick some people from among the volunteers before the event begins.

The tournament won’t start until the end of May, so feel free to reach out to people you know who’d be interested.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. But it wasn’t always this way…

[insert picture of a caped and helmeted hero standing on a tall building, surveying a cyberpunk mega-city here]

‘19XX: Round 3’ is a double-elimination event with a short list of banned characters.

challonge bracket will go here

#Tournament format and rules​

• Banned characters: :degrey::geiger::troq::zane:
  • Character select: First game of a set is double-blind, thereafter the loser of each game may switch
  • Format: Double-elimination
  • Timer: Medium
  • Set Length: First to Four
  • Scheduling: You will have one week to schedule and complete each match, deadline is Monday evening Eastern time. I will discuss who loses in a situation where a match fails to occur with my co-TOs.
  • Double KOs: No wins or losses awarded - replay the same match-up
  • Server Crash: No wins or losses awarded - replay the same match-up
  • Reporting: Either the victor or the vanquished (or both) should post results in this thread.
  • Sportsmanship: Be nice!
  • Prize: A prize of cash value not to exceed 20 Canadian funbucks will go to the tournament winner (like an indie game on Steam, or some print-and-play game from the Sirlin store, or something)
  • If I win, I will release a YouTube video of myself enjoying a delicious ice cream sandwich and fanning myself with a $20. Even if it’s cold as fuck.
  • Additional prize - the winner will get to choose the word that replaces ‘Waifu’ in the tournament name for the next event.

Scheduling Tip 1: WorldTimeBuddy.com is an excellent resource for scheduling matches across timezones.

Scheduling Tip 2: If you are posting to the scheduling conversation first, provide a list of dates and times when you are available to play. If you are posting to the scheduling conversation second, pick a specific start time and date for your match from those provided by your opponent. If none work for you, propose specific alternatives.

#Participants List

[details=49 Entrants]mysticjuicer
Juushichi
neigutten
copper8642
vengefulpickle
Fluffiness
FaceOnMars
Zqxx
CKR
MR75

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Chase
UTRALAW
Hartley
pengwndude
GutterOwl
Ralphile
Leontes
YouKnowNothing
Shax

Ivan
Castanietzsche
Penatronic
JonnyD
Attilian
flagrantangles
tabbahood
RoyalLance
snoc
MysticDeadman

Bob199
thehug0naut
BD_Corro
variable
wowarlok
Corroyeur
Hydro
Caralad
fusxfaranto
SouthpawHare

mydrothers
Phrawger
Otsdarva
mallorean_thug
pwntology
Twenty-Seven
Emaron
Legion (tentative)
migo hunter
[/details]

#Previous Champions

19XX: Rebel 1 - Fivec
19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro

4 Likes

hii,i im iiin.

5 Likes

I’ll likely be on vacation when first round starts. Have fun, everyone!

2 Likes

Let me in on this action :persephone:

2 Likes

Put me in coach

2 Likes

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Willing to help you TO, juicy.

2 Likes

I’m New and Improved. IN

3 Likes

Nice. Are you also in as a player?

:chibiargagarg: Let’s do it! :chibiargagarg:

2 Likes

As with last time, I will close sign-ups at 32 unless we get 64 participants, so we get a nice even bracket.

1 Like

In. Let’s go.

3 Likes

Sure, why not.

2 Likes

Go for it.
I’m in! :chibigrave:

2 Likes

I would like to participate.

Absolutely no idea who I’m going to play as I tend to go Zane or Geiger but I’ll work something out!

Maybe it’s time for my Val to shine.

1 Like

I’m in.

Congratz to BD_Corro!

2 Likes

:chibighost: Count me in! :chibighost:

2 Likes

Hartley will be signing up as soon as he has made an account and gotten on Steam. Aw yea.

1 Like

Nearly halfway to 32 in less than two days. FeelsGoodMan!

3 Likes

wait is this another tournament?? I guess I’ll buy yomi digitally for this

1 Like