Starting hand: 4
That’s not good, if zango has a good draw with virtuosos / Feral Strike then I’m probably losing at least Tech II. Feral Strike on Grounded Guide + Tech I virtuoso is enough. I don’t think I can deal quite enough damage to kill Calamandra, either.
- Drakk, Executioner, Bloodlust, Executioner trades with River, Drakk kills Fencer / Turtle, then midband. 3 gold left to patrol with Rogue or Garth and midband Drakk, if I’m willing to skip a worker. I could also Bloodlust the Turtle to death instead of attacking with Drakk. 4 or 7 health on patrol. Latter is the option that might see my Tech II still up next turn in the face of a Feral Strike. No, Guide + Starlet seals it. Alternatively, I Bloodlust the Turtle, but instead of Garth I bring in Zane to kill the Fencer. That leaves Drakk patrolling against Calamandra and whatever gets fetched / played. That might be my least bad option.
- Drakk, Executioner, Poisonblade Rogue, Bloodlust, Executioner trades with River, Rogue gives Calamandra 3 - runes, taking her to 2/3 with no healing allowed. Whittles Calamandra down, but Graveyard overfills. 3-4 health on patrol.
- Zane, Surprise Attack, Sharks kills River, midband Zane, kills Fencer. I have nothing left to patrol.
- Maxband Zane, kill River, 3 gold left, play Executioner. 4 health on patrol, can be sidelined.
- Garth, maxband to bring in a Crashbarrow. Play Pestering Haunt first, so Graveyard doesn’t immediately collapse. This kills River and Fencer, but I get no bounty. 5 health on patrol.
- Thieving Imp, Zane, Drakk, Bloodlust, Imp trades with River, Zane trades with Nimble Fencer. 4 health on patrol.
- Drakk, Zane, Executioner, Bloodlust, skip worker, Executioner trades with River, Drakk and Zane destroy Tech II. I get a devastating counter-blow, but I’m don’t face a Tech II Feral Strike or a virtuoso flood. At worst, I probably see two Starlets, so 5 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 14 attack with the Fencer still alive. I’d lose both tech buildings and the Graveyard, that’s too painful to deal with.
- Garth, maxband to bring in a Land Octopus. 12 health on patrol against, worst-case, 2 x Ground Guide + 2 Fencers + Turtle + Calamandra + River, so 22 attack. Yikes. Even with only one Guide out, Land Octopus is barely gold-efficient against attackers.
I think I have to get rid of River, otherwise she can sideline any unit patrollers. Killing off the Fencer is next in priority, so the virtuoso engine takes longer to get going. However, if I bring out Drakk then I’m probably locked out of Kidnapping for a while. I’ll just have to take the risk.
Teched cards: 2
T2: Bloodlust, Hooded Executioner
T3: Captured Bugblatter, Surprise Attack
T4: 2 x Crashbarrow
T5: Doom Grasp, Hooded Executioner
Get paid + Scavenger - (9)
Drakk Ramhorn - (7)
Hooded Executioner returns from Graveyard - (5)
Captain Zeno Zane - (3)
Bloodlust on Executioner and Helpful Turtle, pay resist - (0)
Hooded Executioner kills River, Drakk to level 3
Zane trades with Nimble Fencer, levels fizzle
Helpful Turtle dies of lust, Hooded Executioner returns to Graveyard
Discard 3, reshuffle 10, draw 5
Drakk L3 1/3+1A (dies: 1 to your base)
Graveyard HP: 3 (buried: Thieving Imp, Hooded Executioner, Pestering Haunt; allied unit dies: bury it here; exhaust: play buried unit; sacrificed if 4+ units buried)
Base HP: 20
Tech I HP: 5
Tech II HP: 5 (Blood)
Sacrifice the Weak
Card-count details (opponent-viewable)
Expected: 10 + 8 teched = 18
1 on board
3 in Graveyard
5 in hand
5 in deck
10 in discard
4 in workers
4 x start
T1: Skeleton Javelineer
T2: Jandra, the Negator
T4: Skeletal Archery