XCAFS20 Initial Ruleset definition discussion!

Just to clarify: Intimidate is giving -3 ATK and -1 HP until next upkeep?

1 Like

Right, so I play it, it lasts all of my current turn and your next turn

I don’t think I can playtest over the weekend, but does anyone want to try these changes out on Monday?

I want to try some, I just haven’t decided which yet.

1 Like

Same. Think about it over the weekend and we’ll start a thread monday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isn’t it too red to benefit from units dying? How about “Upkeep: gain a rune for every two of your green units” so it’s more green. I want to reference your text to read easier but don’t know how to. This is regarfing Rich Earth and suggestion ILO " Put a rune on it each time a unit dies."

1 Like

If you click and drag over my post’s text, a little “Quote” box pops up and you click that, it’ll add my quoted text to your post.

I agree that it’s not as “flavorful” for green overall to feed a card by having things die, but for Rich Earth specifically, how does earth get rich? By adding fertilizer, homie! XD

And I think it could get a little out of control with Murkwood Allies if it works like you’re describing; it probably snowballs into the original version I had of just every turn get a wisp. I think with the dying trigger, you won’t get a wisp every turn, and that’s the aim. Maybe it needs to be 3 runes per wisp, though, to avoid it being every single turn. Have to play test it to try

1 Like

I actually think the opposite. It’s pretty hard to keep 4 green units to be alive at each upkeep to be able to summon wisp every turn. We know this from Galina Glimmer. If it was easy, she would be too powerful. On the other hand, unit dies a lot and it’s not actually hard to use Bloodburn each turn. I like your fertilizer methaphor. If you are concerned it would be too similar to default every turn, how about at least chaning it to each time green unit dies ILO any unit. Non green units are toxic to mother nature and can’t be used as fertilizer.

2 Likes

Green benefiting from “fertiliser” seems off-theme, even for Rich Earth. Maybe only get counters when Wisps die, so they “return” rather than becoming compost?

Re: snowballing, I’ve found that the outcome of Green income cards like Prospector and Galina, at least against Red, is that you force the opponent to attack before they want to. The problem isn’t usually that Green can snowball, it’s that they can’t easily punish early attacks like this before Tech II.

1 Like

Even so it’s probably going to end up being pretty much every turn if Wisp can just keep dying and summoning. Maybe it needs to be more restrictive like each time your non-token green unit dies.

I didn’t see charnel’s suggestion before posting. I like it being just Wisp too.

1 Like

Yeah, units dying happens all the time and isnt a real restriction.

Alernate Earth:
Arrives: make a wisp
Trash: do something (“gain 1 gold”? Or “make a wisp”? Or if you want to get totally crazy “tap: Turn Rich Earth into a worker. Use this ability only if you have 10 workers”)

1 Like

I just realized the proposed Dreamscape does nothing on the turn it’s played… maybe make the choose 5 Illusions “arrives or during your upkeep”?

1 Like

Good catch, I will change that tonight

Okay, final edits to Octavian, Rich Earth, Dreamscape, Troq etc made, Bluecoat and Harmony buffed, basically all the things we felt some consensus on. @Nekoatl any decks you wanna test out?

I’ll go with [Discipline/Strength]/Truth.

Last minute tweak: Rich Earth needs to not be “2 gold: Trash this, make 3 wisps”

The Trash ability needs at minimum an :exhaust: cost, but probably needs more changes?

I mean, Arrives: make a wisp is already, on it’s own, the economic equivalent of just making it cost 2 (just without the “give green another Hero + Card going first” play)

1 Like

Good catch, I of course did not think about just flooding wisps immediately.

How about we add tap as a cost in addition to trash, and “If you have 8 workers” or “If you have built a tech2 building, you may trash this and put two wisps into play under your contorl” to avoid super-early abuse cases but allow for some mid-game “surprise! tons of wisps” cases. That seem reasonable?

I would actually say just leave it at the 1 wisp 9n arrival, and see how that plays.

Or it could be “while you have 10 or more workers, this gains “tap: make a wisp””

2 Likes

I especially like the 10 or more workers element.

1 Like

Done, I like the overall theming of “stall for late econ” element of it, and making it a late-game chump machine plays to that nicely w/o making it a mid-game “whoops all wisps!” button

Also took away the Catapult buff per the earlier suggestions