Young Lightning Dragon
Ferocity
Morningstar Flagbearer
Vigor Adept

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Technician draw.
Grave - ($8)
Versatile Style heals my base up to 8 - ($7)
Snapback Drakk for Zane - ($4)
Huntress kills Crash Bomber, sparkshots Musketeer, takes 1 damage through armor, my base down to 5.
Savior Monk trades with Bugblatter, my base down to 3.
Garth - ($2)
Nether Drain from Jaina to Calamandra - ($1)
Calamandra kills Jaina, Grave to midband.

Float ($1)
Discard 2, reshuffle, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Grave lvl 3 (3/4A)
  • :psfist: Elite: Garth lvl 1 (2/3)
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• Safe Attacking
  • Calamandra lvl 3 (3/1)
  • Huntress (3/2), resist 1

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 3
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Discipline)
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 9
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

I really don’t see how I could win this, but I’m doing my best to just hold on.

P1T8

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Scorch
Desperation
Shoddy Glider

WORKERS
Bloodburn
Bombaster
Bloodrage Ogre
Mad Man
Nautical Dog
Makeshift Rambaster

NextHand

Firebat
Shoddy Glider
Shoddy Glider
Scorch

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($11)
Summon Shoddy Glider - ($10)
Shoddy Glider divebombs your base for 3, gg!

@zhavier

1 Like

These have all been fun games to spectate! GG WP you both.

Friendly observation, @CarpeGuitarrem, but I was a little surprised by your turn 5. Glider could have killed MPM before Bugblatter suicided, leaving Firebat alive to hit base with Drakk. You would have ended the turn w/ 1 more base damage dealt (from MPM dying while Bugblatter was up), and a firebat surviving to next turn :wink:

1 Like

Oh, heh. I got stuck in one line of thinking, with Glider as an afterthought to push more damage to face. It’ll be important to keep in mind, every point of damage counts when you’re Red!

1 Like

I almost would have sacrificed Jaina into Garth, and hasted CB (instead of Bugblatter) to push through Garth + ping Skeleton, leaving the bugblatter still alive at turn’s end and netting you another 2 base damage from skeleton’s death and Glider’s expiration. But you had strong position regardless, and leaving Jaina up is probably the safer play :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I wanted to leave her up to threaten 3 damage pings on base eventually, playing it somewhat safe since I could keep a clear board for a while.

1 Like

Also, man, I was legit worried that I’d run out of steam and wind up facing a wall of buffed up units, unable to push damage through before I could wrap the game up. That dig for Mind Parry Monk was scary.

1 Like

GG WP! I made an absolute blunder on my very first turn, and you put me under enough pressure to keep me from ever recovering. I did my best to keep you away from my base HP, but mono-red just has so many ways to sneak in damage!

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I’m loving the potential Red has for fast punishes. It feels less good for snowballing, but when given the opportunity, it can pull off brutal reversals.

The other big rule I followed was to respect your power with a board. I decided to never let you cast a buff spell if I could help it. I definitely think I made the right call going for Blood trickle damage.

1 Like

MPM as well as shoddy glider would have died, giving 2 base damage. I noticed this blunder right away, and thought dreamfire might have managed to stabilize because of it, but not quite. Just so much base damage!

Glider wouldn’t die until end of turn, yea? If you suicide Bugblatter and it doesn’t last until end of turn, no damage for Glider death. That’s why I was working out how to break in and keep bugblatter.

Drakk Max
Bomber (haste)
Glider
Bugblatter
Glider kills MYM, 1 base damage (base 14)
Jaina Suicide into Garth (3hp Garth)
Bomber finishes Garth & explodes Skeleton, 2 base damage (base 12)
Firebat + Drakk hit base to 5
Glider Expires, base to 4

With Drakk, Firebat & Bugblatter patrol left on the field

Kind of a wash, compared to CB patrol + Firebat, Jaina & Drakk backline and base at 6. You’re guaranteed 5 damage from Firebat + Jaina if they live.

Not having any Jaina spells in the deck, though, I think I’d take the 2 extra base damage and surviving Bugblatter XD

1 Like