Vanilla Sundae Tournament - Signups open until 11/2

@PumpedAaron your report is totally unclear, please specify who won and who lost each round. Also, if you changed char after winning that’s an illegal move. @vengefulpickle

Excuse me? The fist means I won against an opponent and the knockdown means I lost against an opponent. And I already said, We were already like three games in before I thought to check the rules again. What are you doing?

Worth noting that I also had misremembered the rule about winners being not allowed to switch characters (i actually thought the winner had to), so I didn’t say anything until looking up the rules for something unrelated. It’s on me as well and I wasn’t planning on raising a stink about it.

I was able to follow the implication in your match report. As far as you changing characters after the first match, it’s to @undergroundmonorail’s detriment. If they feel that not having that illegal play would have changed the match result, or for any reason would like to replay the set starting at a corrected game 2, I’ll allow an extension for it. Otherwise, the match will stand as-is, despite the irregularity.

2 Likes

I don’t have an issue, I’m new enough to the game that I was planning on losing anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

(if anything i got to play against a character i hadn’t very much before, haha)

1 Like

I had a similar occurrence in a prev tournament. Both me and my opponent misremembered the rules and played out. Then TO noticed the irregularity and asked my opponent (the loser due to the mistake) if he wanted to replay. We did replay from where the mistake happened. Simple as that.

Well that’s all fine and well for you Legion, but the balls in mono’s court, and they said they don’t really mind.

I completely misplayed the rules on one my own tournaments not long ago, and by mutual decision let it stand. It’s a case-by-case thing. Given @undergroundmonorail’s take, it sounds like the match stands as-is.

1 Like

Agreed. I have been asked what I was doing, I was simply explaining how similar mistakes are handled.

2 Likes

We misplayed rules with @PumpedAaron and @Ivan on the previous tournament and I didn’t ask them if they wanted to redo the match. Apologizes for not having done this.
If it happens in another tournament I’ll ask my opponent if they want to redo the rounds where the rules weren’t followed. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll make sure to add this clause to my standard tournament template so it’s clear in the future what should happen if the CP rules aren’t followed. Although, as I think about it, there are some cases where it breaks down?

In the case of a rules violation when picking characters;
1. If the violation is noticed during the set:
    a. IF only one player violated the rules, their opponent may elect to restart the match from the point where the rules were violated.
    b. IF BOTH players violated the rules in the same match, then the match should continue only if both players agree. If either player elects, then the match should restart at the point where the rules were violated.
2. If the violation is noticed after the set:
    a. IF the LOSER of the set violated the rules, then the result stands.
    b. IF the WINNER of the set violated the rules, then the LOSER may elect to replay the set starting at the point where the rules were violated.
In the case of a dispute, rulings of the TO will be final.

That makes sense to me. The only edge case I can see is if Person A breaks the CP rules, on the 2nd match in a set, and then breaks them again way later in the set when they’re behind, then their opponent has to decide whether they say something and replay a significant part of a set they’re ahead on, or allow the 2nd error to occur and try to close out the set since they’re already ahead?

Given that this type of error happens so rarely, it’s probably fine to just assume that basically never happens.

I would say that any edge cases should be dealt with just in case someone tries to game the system, but if anyone actually does try that I think the TO can just appeal to “come on” and disqualify them, heh.

Frankly, that’s why I put the last line in. If all else fails, the TO will decide.

1 Like

In this case, Player B has the option to correct the mistake any time after the first rules break (including in the middle of Game 2). But yes, it does rely on players paying attention and noticing whether the rules have been broken.

@CKR forfeits :confused:

ugh. Too bad :frowning:
Is his work schedule still super busy?

2 Likes

He said he’s too busy :frowning: I hope to play with him in another tournament :slight_smile:

2 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 3 ArthurWynne

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:

really close games, AW

1 Like

Caralad 4 - 1 @Ivan

:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

I go into the set after a few harsh losses with my troq to Ivan’s Geiger recently. Knowing this, I pick Setsuki, thinking that he won’t expect me to pick a rushdown character, something that’s not normally in my wheelhouse

Imagine my surprise when I find a perse, a character I actually feel comfortable against as troq. A couple of back and forth games later, I find myself playing suicide hand Degrey, dropping down in the last game to a known AA and one mystery card in hand.

GG’s Ivan.

2 Likes