[Tournament] Single Character Showdown 3: Gloria Grayson

The two competitors square up and exchange pleasantries.

“Hey kid, want to buy some drugs?” Kenkakuknight offers to UltraLaw.

“No thanks, mine’s top of the line,” retorts UltraLaw.

KenkakuKnight is clearly having none of his sass. "Oh, it’s on now!

READY?

FIGHT!

Round 1
Both fighters start off defensively, squaring off for position, followed by a simultaneous firing of their Moonlight Spheres! They quickly use them to heal back up, and we’re back to square one! A series of flurries from Kenkakuknight and WOWSERS, there’s the Sun and Moon Overdose one-two punch! First round goes to Ken.
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :gloria:

Round 2
Ultra gets back up on his feet and throws as good as he gets, keeping Ken on his toes. This match is looking quite even. Ken (30hp) fires off another Moonlight Sphere, but UltraLaw (22hp) expertly blocks it, overdosing Ken for his folly. However, Ken doesn’t seemed fazed AND THERE’S WHY HE TAKES ANOTHER DOSE OF DRUGS! The previously blocked sphere weakened UltraLaw enough for Ken suicide double-dose to win the round!

Round 3
Looks like Ken got a little cocky this round. He throws in a good trip at the beginning with a quick ground and pound, but he’s now all gassed out so early on! Ultra wisely capitalizes on Ken’s overreach, defensively chipping down the overconfident Ken, stealing a match from the arrogant fighter.
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :gloria:

Round 4
Ken gets his head back in the game, playing smart and safe, getting a slight advantage and using his Healing Spheres to gather up his energy. It’s looking bad for Ultra, and rightly so as Ken distracts him with a Gloria Plushie doll, dosing him with some more drugs.

Round 5
Ultra is pressed into a tough space. He gets in a couple of good trips, having studied Ken’s opening moves. Ken tries to mix up his game, but Ultra skillfully reads Ken like a book and presses his advantage. Ken finds himself back on the ground, but it seems like the bump to his noggin woke up the distressed fighter. He gambles on defense and gets lucky, blocking Ultra’s heavy attack. Ken pushes forward with a flurry of blows, throwing spheres up and beams of moonlight! The ring is littered with their destructive battle! Ken presses on with a burst of sunlight, boosted by the moonlight energy he has gathered up, BUT WAIT, HE PULLS BACK. Ultra (1hp) is on his last legs and Ken (7hp) holds back on his syringe. Ken’s not looking too good himself, so backs off to patch himself up. He’s looking much better, and though Ultra (5hp) takes the opportunity to heal, Ken’s (11hp) syringe finger is looking might twitchy.

It now comes down to this. Showdown at noon. Ken and Ultra square off at each other, trying to get into each others minds. Ultra with beads of sweat on his brow, Ken with a cool grin on his face…

Ultra shoots off with a burst of sunlight, firing off the fastest attack he’s ever thrown… into a Gloria plushie. She looks upon the burnt dollie and suddenly feels the all-too-familiar prick of a syringe in her neck.

Kenkakuknight jumps up in joy, hands in the air with the :v:

Kenkakuknight vs Ultralaw
4 - 1

5 Likes

Not for nothin;, but his name is actually UTRAlaw. There’s no “L” between the T and R.

3 Likes

GGs MD! Here’s my video:

1 Like

Some may say Kenkakuknight gave me an “L” when he handed me the lost lol

8 Likes

I gave you the extra L for good luck!

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 1 vengefulpickle

:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:

ggs sir - you had me dead to rights in game 1, and I got really lucky you didn’t have any attacks to follow up the checkmate busting Twilight Key in one of the later games. good luck in the rest of the event!

7 Likes

MR vs @Attilian 4-3

:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::gloria:

All games were pretty balanced (apart g2, ultra fast!).

GGs! It’s always fun and hard vs you!

Note: post edited for right game sequence (I won game 1,3,6,7, Attilian 2,4,5): thanks @Legion

4 Likes

sharpobject 4-1 @Caralad

:gloria::pschip::psfist::gloria: Any way to win combat?
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: Some early Js and a T gave me lots of cards and damage. Let the bullying begin!
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: I basically started this game KD against Caralad’s healing sphere, but managed to stall it out. After going down to two cards in a tight endgame, I somehow got rewarded for keeping a T in my hand to use as a throw. We played a total of 10 As in combat this game, but 8 of them were blocked.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: I had a straight in my opening hand so I played it. Is this secret tech that I shouldn’t post?? Sadly I didn’t have the courage to GAPA a 2nd time. At some point much later I felt like Caralad’s throw/attack options were pretty strong so I threw out AAA for lethal.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: Caralad started out with T-block into T* into a different T block. The T* seemed like a mistake given that he was at 70 with no hearts in discard?? Anyway regardless of the misplay there Caralad apparently had an awful hand and sort of got run over for that.

Good games!

3 Likes

UTRALAW 4-0 variable

:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: Started with both an early Aces power up and 10 up. variable soon also got his 10 up but by then i had a big hand build up and was able to keep a strong life lead until the end.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: This one was very back and forth where i was a head by only 5 health the whole time until when we got low and i was able to land a lucky combo and seal the deal.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria:This one also started well for me as i got a great early hand and was able to combo into big damage. I misplay it a bit when i didn’t overdose when i was at 50 health with joker back up and let variable almost take the game.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: Last game came down to a very dangerous spot i had 13 life to his 2 life and he had sun and moon power up and a known 7 in hand.

GGS variable! Every game seem like a nail biter to me. Hope to play you again when we can choice our character.

(i guess KenkakuKnight luck came in handy after all :P)

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

@Hobusu vs @Caralad

:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigloria:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigloria:
:chibigloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:

Final score: @Hobusu 2 – @Caralad 4
@Caralad wins!

Nothing like a long holiday week to make you forget how nonsense this MU is! I think I enjoyed this more than my opponent, since @Caralad mentioned afterwards that the first two games tilted him a bit. The first game was down to single-digits for both of us, the second I won with a significant lead, but the rest I had trouble even winning combat… But even so, I was smiling for most of this at how silly it all was!

5 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Attilian

Southpaw Hare 4 - 0 Attilian
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

@sharpobject vs MR 4-3

Summary (my side): good start, scary comeback, faint hope, crushed!

GGs sharpobject!

Best of luck in your next rounds!

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 1 kenkakuknight

:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:

ggs knight! good luck in the rest of the event, and thanks again for being patient as I was over 40 min late for our set. :’( :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I meant to go review our games and make a post but I never did it D:

2 Likes

SCS: Healthy Living Edition
One-Loss Bracket, Round 3

Mystic Deadman vs. @UTRALAW

:chibigloria::pschip::psfist::chibigloria:
:chibigloria::psfist::pschip::chibigloria:
:chibigloria::pschip::psfist::chibigloria:

Final Score:

MD 4-2 UTRALAW

The games were rather pedestrian for this MU. Which is to say, faces were punched hard every turn. Game 5 was dumb, as for around 85% of the match neither player was able to get each other (or themselves!) under 50 HP. I threatened to throw my computer out a window if the game ended in a deckout, which was apparently enough for both of us to get our shit together and finally really play the videogame.

GGs dood, and good luck to you in future events!

Also, I’m looking to divide my time between the Grayson sisters. Basically, I want to “live out” every man’s dream.

3 Likes

Why do you hate hype?

3 Likes

It’s not hype if we refuse to lose more than 25% HP when it happens!

How is that not hype!?

2 Likes

BECAUSE THERE’S NO PRESSURE! There needs to be two races going on: the race to death by blood loss or the race to death by the inevitable heat-death of a character. It doesn’t feel good to me unless one or both of us are trying to disembowel the other before the clock actually runs out.