[Tournament] Rook's Rock 'n Rumble

Also I’m going to be in Britain for 3 weeks in October so hopefully I’ve been knocked out before then.

Hi ! I’m in, and playing for Corpo Mente, - " “Corpo-Mente” !

5 Likes

Oh man, this is such an incredible album. One of the best things I have ever heard in my life.

There’s one spot left in the tournament! I’ve added some alternate spots if circumstances arise between now and the bracket finalization that disrupt plans to participate.

Related: If you know that you’re going to be unable to play for a period of time, I will attempt to negotiate extensions, but note that failure to schedule a match time may lead to a match loss for you. When signing up for this tournament, respect the more pressing real life concerns of your opponents but also mind your conscience if you’re going to sign up and then be a no-show for one or more rounds.

3 Likes

Ay man you right I’ll just get myself knocked out nbd

2 Likes

I’m IN. I would like to play for Iggy Pop “Gardenia”

4 Likes

That’s 32 people! The starting times haven’t changed, so I’ll take this week to get hype and prepare.

Please let me know if you ability to participate in the tournament changes before the start time. Also, feel free to sign up as alternates just in case.

1 Like

I’ll sign up as an alternate.

1 Like

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I’m still listening to Genesis, but lately I’ve moved on to the album Duke.

2 Likes

I’m in for The Sky is on Fire by Little V.

1 Like

i’ll be an alternate

2 Likes

/alternate

Kashiwa Daisuke – Program Music II

2 Likes

#Signups are officially closed!
#http://challonge.com/RooksRocknRumble
#Get your predictions in by tomorrow!

5 Likes

#Predictions closed!
#Scheduling conversations sent!
#Now Playing: Track 1!

3 Likes

@snoc vs @huhas

:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: I decide that now’s as good a time as any to get my painting on again. Things start out OK (Chromatic Orb is a good trade for Meaty 9), apart from forgetting which sort of blocks Zane has, but then PU->Gold Burst->Anarchy ruins my dreams
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: OK that was just a weirdo trickshot one-off, I can definitely do this. I start with a whole load of normals, so I un-subtly try to get in with them, eating a Crash Bomb or two for my troubles. I trade Chromatic Orb for 9 again, but the red mist starts to descend and in my tilted state I forget to block and get blown up by MA again.
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Right the Valerie experiment is not working, let’s just play something I think I can win a load of matchups with. Setsuki things happen and I pull out the win.
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: I have no idea what is supposed to happen in this matchup, but range doesn’t seem that scary for me? I have Aces and Qs to get out and landing normals is pretty hard for the robot.
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta: Again I think the difficulty of landing normals vs Setsuki hurts Vendetta. I have a spectacularly awkward hand which I manage to throw->straight->empty powerup out of and then it’s fairly plain sailing. No FD on the last turn lets me combo Q5 into silent AA for exactsies!

GGs to you, I think you played well, and that your character selection let you down more than your play! Pro-tip: Troq is the classic anti-Sets pick.

Good luck in the losers’ bracket, and I hope you enjoyed the games!

7 Likes

Rook’s Rock 'n Rumble
Opening Round
Mystic Deadman vs. @lettucemode

:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibigrave:
:chibionimaru::pschip::psfist::chibigrave:
:chibionimaru::pschip::psfist::chibigrave:

Final Score:
MD 3-2 lettucemode

I was tempted to open with :chibigwen:, but I felt like there were too many choices to make her really weak. As it turned out, :chibionimaru: is still frickin’ cathartic. My draw luck is still screwing me in spades, not giving me a single Joker in 40+ cards during game 3, and I let my anger get the better of me by not returning a GG at the end of it. I got over it, though, (not because I won, but it did help a little) and apologized for my lack of maturity.

10/10 game, would bracket bust again.

Good luck to you in the future!

7 Likes

Track 1

Djister vs. @variable

:rook: > :gloria:
:rook: < :gloria:

Djister wins 3-1!

GGs @variable! Those were really fun games. :smiley: Some super tense moments, too. Good luck with the rest of the tournament! :+1:

4 Likes

Track 1

Castanietzsche vs @Caralad

:quince: > :zane:
:quince: < :valerie:
:zane: > :valerie:
:zane: > :troq:

I may have forgotten some of our picks / results, please correct me if I made a mistake :x
Thanks for the games ! The last-ones were sooo stressful :grimacing: I hope I’ll see more :valerie: during the tournament, she seemed quite absent of the meta but I love her so much :x
Seeya ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Southpaw Hare 3 vs 1 mysticjuicer

:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:

ggs wp!

2 Likes

CKR over @Phrawger 3-2

Zane>Midori
Zane<Rook
ZaneRook
Zane>Rook

I will figure out the character icons later. I am reporting on Ipad and the only option I see after hitting the smily face icon is the Arg icon.

ggs.

5 Likes