[Tournament] Lum's Lucky Lottery: The Full Half Dozen

Ivan vs JJJdragon31 - 4:0
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :rook: - thanks to MJ

This time Lady Luck gave me characters and MUs that I’m fairly comfortable. That and some good draws in the right moments secure the victory. Good set, mate.

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 3 feathers

:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

ggs feathers! bringing it down to last game last combat from 0-3 is absolutely insane. your mental fortitude is incredible.

5 Likes

Sorry Ivan, I don’t remember the last mu either

Shouldn’t you be able to check the replays in-game to see what the last matchup was?

Looks like it was Valerie vs Rook. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

vengefulpickle 4 - 2 @ratxt1

:menelker::pschip::psfist::zane: - This was all kinds of lopsided
:menelker::psfist::pschip::vendetta: - Perfect, concluding with a DSD, helped by Ven having no 2s or 8s
:menelker::psfist::pschip::jaina: - Landed a dodge into DSD at 25 health to 32, after banishing Jaina’s jokers
:menelker::pschip::psfist::lum: - Got OOC damaged to death
:degrey::psfist::pschip::lum: - Lum jokers away 47 Final Arbiter damage, but I still manage to gorilla my way to the victory
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::lum: - Patient fish outwaits panda

Good games, @ratxt1, that was a fun set!

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 1 Caralad

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru: drew all 4 Qs, super close game
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru: Why Not Just :tm: draw all 4 Js?
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :midori: got hit with the full power of FDB
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie: found MA to slow the game down, and avoided exploding

ggs Caralad

6 Likes

Why Not Just™ only roll top-tier characters?

4 Likes

Better :clap: Lucky :clap: Than :clap: Good :clap:

4 Likes

Hobusu vs @feathers

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:

Final score: Hobusu 4 – feathers 3
Hobusu wins

This was a very close set, with multiple games coming down to just a couple of combat reveals. Even the last one was surprisingly close to going the other way…! feathers also made some observations about my play that I’ll probably want to take into consideration (which I won’t be talking about here because come on, heh).

4 Likes

ratxt1 vs @ArthurWynne

:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: Did well at getting out of range without taking much damage the two times I went there. But BBB hits me with AA a bunch of time outside range to turn this into a very close endgame.
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: LLL going to make me develop a pocket perse at this rate, I’m starting to…enjoy rolling her. Don’t remember this game too much
:persephone: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen: This game had a fun endgame, I decided to bet on gwen not being confident enough to throwen me, she was.
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen: I dodged bullets this game (including poking out a lethal gwen AAA). they was one of those gnarly endgames where gwen is at low enough health if you ahd more health you could just chip her out, but you aren’t at high enough health to do that.
:persephone: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger: Roll a good MU but precede to lose the early game. Almost get back into it and decide to play for the checkmate instead of continuing my throw loop, but don’t dodge out geiger’s final AA.
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger: Another ostensibly good MU (and I really hate this one as geiger), but just cannot win combats and get rekt (sometimes menelker just dies instantly).
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :troq: Was definitely not happy to see Troq on the re-random. Was able to hand denial early and get away with an attack heavy range.

6 Likes

mastrblastr 4 - 2 @vengefulpickle
:setsuki: < :degrey: Well I got actual lethal’d turn 4 of the game. That’s as fast as you’ll ever see a game of yomi.
:setsuki: > :midori: I kept on a ton of pressure and got out once by dodging to bait a 10 activation to use my own 10 to pitch my hand which is always a nifty little play i feel.
:zane: > :midori: blocked, powered up for anarchy let it rip, it hit. Fair and balanced.
:valerie: < :midori: got outplayed, didn’t trust my reads multiple times and got basically stomped. got hit by the J7JJ combo this game which let me tell you… HURTS.
:troq: > :midori: I continue to roll all the highest tier chars although I feel this is a pretty midori favored match. Back and forth super close won on last combat.
:rook: > :midori: I had a bunch of Qs which is huge in this MU, I knocked him out of DF 2 times with attack into Q. Another very close match but my AA beat his AA one combat which is just a backbreaking reveal and then I finished it by stone walling his AA.

GGs VP, feels good to get a win after the mini drought I’ve had vs you!

3 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @migohunter

:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 2 MigoHunter
Southpaw Hare wins!

3 Likes

Hobusu vs @Ivan

:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:

Final score: Hobusu 4 – Ivan 2
Hobusu wins

Another fun set! I think the highlight for me was winning my first Gloria game in quite a while (!) after eating a True Power of Storms (!!) with my remaining life at the end being exactly 1 HP (!!!), which was definitely unexpected for me. Much like against feathers a few days ago most of these went down to the wire, and I think there was at least one other that ended with the winner at 1 HP, so this could easily have gone the other way at multiple points.

5 Likes

ratxt1 vs SouthpawHare 4-2

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:geiger: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:
:geiger: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:

weird set. I feel like most of these games one person just had the others number and won most of the combats. Not a lot of close games. I almost choked with geiger but managed to pull it out, by avoiding some AAs from ven.

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 3 mastrblastr

:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

super close set, ggs mb

3 Likes

vengefulpickle 4 - 2 @Hobusu

:gloria::psfist::pschip::grave: - I pushed ODs aggressively, came down to the wire
:gloria::psfist::pschip::persephone: - I just win combats, and Pers’s lifebar can’t stand up to the bad medicine.
:gloria::pschip::psfist::degrey: - I get hit with the big bonks (just not by the opening Pilebunker)
:gloria::pschip::psfist::setuski: - I almost pull this off, but Hobusu hits undercuts my 9 throw with his own, into big big damage
:gloria::psfist::pschip::jaina: - I get a lot of ODs off here, and then finally hit with GB (my first 3 in the set got blocked) and had a bunch of As to throw around to close out the match
:troq::psfist::pschip::jaina: - RNG throws me a big body, and I get to do Troq things.

GGs, Hobusu! Sorry to have caught you on an off day.

4 Likes

:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie: We both built a hand, except I hit MA and successfully avoided val combos.
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :valerie: This MU is good for troq, but like don’t throw a ton and let val hit infinite damage combos on you a bunch because of it.
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: This game was like a normal troq v zane game where you feel like you can’t lose until he came out with the 3 hidden aces MA (which I dodged), and the GB -> GB (both hit), threatening MA again. So glad I survived.
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: My hand had a lot of damage, and I killed in 3 combat wins (though probably ~10 turns).
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: zane knocked me down, I powered up for one A so that I didn’t die to KD, except I had 2 hidden aces and hit TPoS.

ggs. 20LL, fight of the top tiers.

7 Likes

ratxt1 vs vengefulpickle

:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen: Game ended with gwen at 2hp, which is the literal worst. I also made a huge misplay lategame, so this one stung. My reads were on point and I won a lot of combats, but that is often not enough if you aren’t playing well in other areas.
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen: Probably the only game that felt good on my end from beginning to end. I managed to get in some high damage Jaina throw punishes, and then undercut gwen with A/Qs.
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :troq: The early game went well, and jaina is pretty oppressive there vs Troq. However I let Troq build enough of a hand and I hadn’t drawn any jokers so it was looking like I could easily lose to Beast Unleash. I start face downing all his dodges but they are all bluffs. Then literally the turn I drop below 45 I topdeck the joker, and my bluffs from before successfully bait BU out the next dodge.
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :troq: I shen’d both jokers turn 2, which made this hard MU brutal. I was kind of in it at the end? But not really.
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina: I powered up for MA, but then VP started palying 7s and it was actually really effective? I ended up MAing his attempt at Aces that would have been lethal if it hit.
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina: I went really aggro early, going very low hand the rest of the game. The endgame ended up being a bit dicey because of it but I had the reads and pulled through, which felt indicative of the whole set tbh.

A lot of these games felt real dicey, and like they could have gone either way. GGs VP both sets this tournament have bee intense and fun.

5 Likes

ratxt1 vs mastrblastr

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: This is quite a good MU, perse has a lot of hard time. Played it possibly a little risky in terms of avoiding checkmate in terms of my hand size, but didn’t get hit with MC
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: I think I made some bad plays in this, but it’s another good MU for menelker. One thing in the endgame is it was a spot where range was really bad for me, which made the payoffs kind of interesting.
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: Early game went bad for me, but when you do get the hits and start getting the discards with black faces, it really takes the wind out of geiger’s sails (I had also been playing conservatively in terms of avoiding running attacks into blocks).
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger: Near perfect, lots of throws getting hit by 6s.
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey: We both drew both jokers and ran our combo into 1 and successfully passed 1. This game I probably should have lost, didn’t have gas at the end so didn’t have lethal in spots where val usually does. Ended up winning multiple flips instead.

was a bit of a lucker this set in terms of MUs and combat wins. Excited to face @mysticjuicer in grands, sorry for making you wait.

3 Likes