[Tournament] Experimental Codex Asynchronous Spring Swiss 2021 (XCAPS21)

When I said I wanted upgrade removal, this is not what I meant :roll_eyes: but hey not going to complain about my first Blue starter :wink: I don’t think I ever went Blue vs Blue. This is going to be fun :slight_smile:

bansa won out, so we’re down to the final two!

Round 8

1. [XCAPS21] Round 8: bansa [Truth]/Anarchy/Disease :psfist: :knockdown: FrozenStorm [Past]/Disease/Necromancy

If you want to dispute a matchup’s balance, now is the time…

1 Like

No objections here.

1 Like

Same, seems reasonable to me. So I haven’t checked the matchup sheet, this is triple match point @charnel_mouse?

GL HF @bansa!

1 Like

Yep, you have to beat bansa three times in a row to stand victorious.

1 Like

So I get like 9 to 1 odds? Worse since I’m going second in two of them? I would not bet on that XD

15-8 at 65%. Hmm. Random decks are limiting aggressive decks and optimal early turns but results are still pretty P1 favored.

7 to 1, much more doable :wink:

And with that, we have a winner, with bansa making a perfect run. Congratulations, it was well-earned!

Thanks for playing, everyone. I know a few of the generated matchups were wonky, but hopefully you all had a good time.

Final Standings:

player played won lost byes
bansa 8 8 0 0
FrozenStorm 7 4 3 1
charnel_mouse 6 3 3 1
dwarddd 6 3 3 0
flagrantangles 6 3 3 0
CarpeGuitarrem 5 2 3 1
zhavier 4 1 3 1
Bomber678 3 0 3 1
Nekoatl 3 0 3 0
5 Likes

Great tourney @charnel_mouse, this was a fun idea and it went really well IMO.

We’ll have to get the summer tourney thread up soon, I’m happy to run it if no one else wants to but I say hats off to charnel on his first tourney admin!

3 Likes

Yeah, really enjoyed this, lots to play with.

3 Likes

It was nice not having to pick the deck. :laughing:

4 Likes

It was full of super interesting and reasonably balanced matches that introduced another way to enjoy Codex. Thanks @charnel_mouse for your hard work and efforts in preparing and running the tourney. Thanks everyone for participating. I hope we see more turnout next time.

2 Likes

Anyone wanting to run the summer tourney? We usually just do standard swiss and try hard decks so shouldn’t be too much to manage, I’m happy to do it if no one else volunteers but I am starting a new job tomorrow and want to make showing up at my best there a priority, so I may have to backburner posting new pairings here and there

2 Likes

Wow exciting news. Good luck in your new job! I feel like it gets harder to switch and try new as we get older. I’m kinda stuck where I am. I want to help but me running a tourney sounds like a bad idea so maybe as a last resort.

I can do it in a pinch. My swiss pairings script needs some work, though, I had to manually tweak a few rounds.

3 Likes

As a beginner, should I try to use it as well, or do you recommend something else to understand the mechanics? I can see from the posts that people are delighted

2 Likes

Welcome Obi2! I’m not sure what you’re referring to using, could you clarify?

Charnel is talking about a script to generate swiss pairs as a Tournament Organizer, which I’m guessing you aren’t needing, but perhaps I am mistaken?

If you’re looking for where to sign up for the next tourney (which is a great way to get a hang of forum games and we’d love to have you!), that’s actually in the CAMS 21 thread

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! @Obi2Kenobi :slight_smile: You can use this thread to find a forum opponent if you are looking for a play by forum match :wink: . Post Here if you're looking for a Play by Forum Opponent

1 Like

Thank you very much, I start reading. I just have some time. Have a nice one!

2 Likes