[Tournament] eXperimental Codex Asynchronous Fall Round Robin 2021 (XCAFRR21): Mono Color Six Shooter!

Yes, I’ll be matchmaking colors and players and stuff ahead of time so I need that submitted before I run all that stuff.

That’s exactly what I’m going to choose

1 Like

Just a reminder there are only a couple days left to sign up, and @Bryce_The_Rice and @Juan_Enriquez you need to get me your River substitution choice by Tuesday at 8pm CDT or I will be assuming no substitution for you

I’ll finalize my substitution: Setsuki → River.

1 Like

I’ll replace feral with finesse

Last Call @codexnewb @Shadow_Night_Black @CarpeGuitarrem @bolyarich @flagrantangles or anyone else looking to join us!

Yeah I’ll jump in, no substitution. Thanks bomber for the nudge.

Welcome Carpe! That mixes up our groups a bit but I can make it work XD The only thing it’s really going to affect is that in order to get everyone 6 games w/ 3p1 and 3p2, zango will be p1 for both matchups vs Carpe (this one and a Purple v Purple mirror in pod 3)

The matchups are all set, see the “Color Matchup Ordering” tab of this sheet where I randomized the color orders for each player & set the round robin groups using random.org. I used Challonge to assist with the matchmaking (but fucked up setting it to single RR and now can’t change it, oops! It’s fine, I’ll be tracking W/L on the sheet manually)

Top 2 players from each group will advance, if there are ties we will have tiebreaker games somehow

Here’s the first “pod” of games (2 games per player), these need to be completed by October 6th (two weeks from today).

I will post Pod2 (suggestion to play them October 6-20) and Pod3 (Oct20->Nov3) later today, you can start them early if both players are on board. Don’t pressure folks into a pace of play they’re uncomfortable with please!

GL HF all!

XCAFRR21 Pod 1

Group A

1. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 OffKilter Black vs Dreamfire Red
  2. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 Bomber678 Red vs CarpeGuitarrem Red
  3. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse vs Bomber678 Black
  4. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 zango Green vs OffKilter Green
  5. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 zango [Truth/Peace]/Finesse vs CarpeGuitarrem White

Group B

1. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 charnel_mouse Purple vs zhavier Black
  2. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 Juan_Enriquez Black vs FrozenStorm Purple
  3. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 FrozenStorm Green vs charnel_mouse Green
  4. [XCAFRR21] Pod1 zhavier [Truth/Peace]/Finesse vs Juan_Enriquez Red
4 Likes

XCAFRR21 Pod2 (suggest play time: Oct6-20)

Group A

1. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 Bomber678 Purple vs zango Red
  2. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 CarpeGuitarrem Black vs Dreamfire Black
  3. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 OffKilter Red vs Bomber678 Blue
  4. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 Dreamfire Blue vs zango Black
  5. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 CarpeGuitarrem Green vs OffKilter Blue

Group B

1. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 Juan_Enriquez Purple vs charnel_mouse Black
  2. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 zhavier Purple vs FrozenStorm White
  3. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 zhavier Red vs charnel_mouse [Peace/Law]/Finesse
  4. [XCAFRR21] Pod2 FrozenStorm Red vs Juan_Enriquez Blue

XCAFRR21 Pod3 (suggest play time: Oct20-Nov3)

Group A

1. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 Dreamfire Purple vs OffKilter Purple
  2. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 CarpeGuitarrem Blue vs Bomber678 White
  3. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 Bomber678 [Balance/Growth]/Finesse vs Dreamfire Green
  4. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 OffKilter White vs zango White
  5. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 zango Purple vs CarpeGuitarrem Purple

Group B

1. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 charnel_mouse Red vs FrozenStorm Blue
  2. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 Juan_Enriquez White vs zhavier White
  3. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 charnel_mouse White vs Juan_Enriquez Green
  4. [XCAFRR21] Pod3 FrozenStorm Black vs zhavier Green

This can’t be right.

1 Like

Indeed, neko isn’t even playing… ugh okay one second

Is it fixed yet? I still see neko in several rounds

No it’s not done yet, busy at work, rough to sort out, just ignore Pod2 and Pod3 for right now I’ll sort it later

2 Likes

OKAY, Pods 2 and 3 are fixed!

If you all would please:

1. Check to make sure you have 6 games, 3P1 and 3P2
  2. Check to make sure you are playing each color once and only once
  3. Check to see that you aren’t playing the same opponent on the same side twice (except zango/Carpe, who I had to give a direct rematch)

It would be much appreciated! I did my best to check already but work has been pretty on lately (why do I constantly sign up to run these bonkers formats lol you’d think I’d learn…)

Also remember for those of you playing “Black”, VANDY IS OUT! Replace her and her spells w/ Troq, pretend he’s actually Black

4 Likes

I’m going to get a lot of experience playing against this version of black, my first 4 games are against it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well I got 3 mirror MUs, I really like it when chaos reigns in such a way :wink:

1 Like

Reminder to start your pod1 games of you haven’t already! I know @Juan_Enriquez owes me a thread, not sure if there are others

My brain can’t handle more than one game at once. But don’t worry, my other game will be very quick.

Even if you dont plan on playing 2 at a time, its still a good idea to get the thread started, even without a t1 posted.

1 Like