[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss (CAMS) 2022

Seems we still don’t have a Purple/Peace deck, so I’ll try my new variant [Present]/Peace/Discipline.

@Bryce_The_Rice you mean the “experimental” deck you took to the CAWS20 finals? :laughing:

1 Like

I experimented it all the way to second place. Needs more tweaking

2 Likes

Just waiting on @Penatronic for a deck choice now and then I’ll be able to post matchups!

Is it too late for me to enter with mono purple? would like to see how it fairs against the new changes to black/nightmare, because that was a rough matchup before.

5 Likes

Yes you certainly can and I will start us off w/o Pena’s deck submission by slotting him for a bye.

As usual P1 expected to start the thread, HOWEVER please be sure to link to the rule changes so everyone has convenient access to them. GL HF ALL!

CAMS22 Round1

1. [CAMS22] Round1: P1 FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Shadow_Night_Black Mono Purple
  2. [CAMS22] Round1: P1 zango [Fire]/Demonology/Peace :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 zhavier [Necromancy]/Blood/Truth
  3. [CAMS22] Round1: P1 Dreamfire [Present]/Peace/Discipline :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Bryce_The_Rice [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength
  4. [CAMS22] Round1: P1 OffKilter [Bashing]/Balance/Demonology :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 charnel_mouse [Balance]/Blood/Strength

Penatronic has the bye

2 Likes

Sorry for waiting so long, I was hoping to learn something from our last experimental game, but I don’t think we will get there.

Without considering other picks I’m going to do the awkward nightmare brother [Finesse]/Disease/Necromancy

2 Likes

I think I’m testing out Bashing with [Bashing] / Balance / Demonology, since no-one else is, yes?

1 Like

Oh did you DM me a conditional for that? I can swap you if needed just lmk

I stated that intent 3 days ago in this thread, yes I’d like the swap.

1 Like

So you did :slight_smile: I just glossed over it in my mind, my bad! It is fixed now in the sheet, the OP, and the R1 posting

1 Like

Arright fam great job finishing round 1 ahead of schedule! That means we have a little extra time for Round 2. @zhavier rolled the bye, and shoutout to @zango for the new matchup creator sheet, so far very few hiccups using the algo to generate “minimum penalty” pairings!

CAMS22 Round 2

1. [CAMS22] Round2: P1 Penatronic [Finesse]/Disease/Necromancy :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
  2. [CAMS22] Round2: P1 Shadow_Night_Black Mono Purple :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 zango [Fire]/Demonology/Peace
  3. [CAMS22] Round2: P1 charnel_mouse [Balance]/Blood/Strength :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Dreamfire [Present]/Peace/Discipline
  4. [CAMS22] Round2: P1 Bryce_The_Rice [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 OffKilter [Bashing]/Balance/Demonology
  5. zhavier (bye)
4 Likes

@FrozenStorm could you please add round three to this thread as well :wink:

2 Likes

DOH! Copypasting in, my fault fam

And we’re on to round 3! Slight tweak to the penalty values in the sheet was needed to ensure a two loss player received the bye, but thanks to @zango for pre-empting the hiccup and having a solution at the ready. GL HF all!

CAMS22 Round 3

1. [CAMS22] Round3: P1 FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 OffKilter [Bashing]/Balance/Demonology
  2. [CAMS22] Round3: P1 charnel_mouse [Balance]/Blood/Strength :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 zango [Fire]/Demonology/Peace
  3. [CAMS22] Round3: P1 zhavier [Necromancy]/Blood/Truth :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Dreamfire [Present]/Peace/Discipline
  4. [CAMS22] Round3: P1 Bryce_The_Rice [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 Penatronic [Finesse]/Disease/Necromancy

Shadow_Night_Black gets the bye

3 Likes

@Bryce_The_Rice lets gooooo

@zhavier I’m ready when you are

Just awaiting the result of @Bryce_The_Rice v @Penatronic to post the next round, fam, hang tight it’s turn 7 so end should be coming soon :slight_smile:

The overall defense in this game has made for a complicated situation, so many options to consider.

You are running a complex grind machine of a deck as well, a lot of interactions and attrition involved in the win condition :wink:

Doesn’t help that I’ve played every hand as if he was going to go over the top with one of 500 hasty creatures and instead he has turtled. Whoops.

That’s the mix-up.

1 Like