Summer Smash V - Round 1 deadline is July 15th

First bracket image is almost ready. I just need @mastrblastr’s character.

4 Likes

would like to play with you guys, but life dictates otherwise :sob:

1 Like

life can’t dictate your choices if you have no life points at head

6 Likes

I suppose Jenga doesn’t need it, but if some of our data wizards are checking here:

Zejety vs @Jengajam
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::troq: Chains of Ice win!
:gwen::knockdown::psfist::troq: Got outplayed. Queens were involved.
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::troq:
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::troq: I think I won this one with a very desperate Q.
:gwen::knockdown::psfist::troq: I got steamrolled by aggro Troq.
:geiger:::psfist::knockdown::troq:
Zejety wins 4-2.

The Geiger game was weird. My starting hand was JJJAAA,Joker. Hit t1 Cycloid and turned the Js into an early life lead but card disadvantage after drawing a few throws. Got so low on cards, I eventually had to use TDs just to get some spirals back and increase their damage. The TDs never really landed.

Eventually, I ended up at 2(?) HP and throwing him into 5 HP left. My only other card was an Ace, so I couldn’t combo into lethal.
I drew a 2 and figured the attack side would lose to J, Q, K and AA and played the dodge side, knowing I wouldn’t be able to follow up. Guessed right and dodged a J.
I then drew some T/B card and won with the throw. Whew!

GGs!

8 Likes

How dare you bust my prediction bracket in the very first game. My bracket’s title was 100%
Correct. It wasn’t named 60% Correct or Sometimes/Possibly/Maybe Correct. I think I am going to look at the tapes and do a recount. This just isn’t possible.

5 Likes

Would you say it’s…

6 Likes

Sorry, can’t really write a kayfabe summary for this match. Turns out writing anything accuate about WoW takes more than 5 minutes of research.

Quick Summary

SummerSmash V
Week 1

Mystic Deadman vs @JodySalerno
:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibigloria:
:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibipersephone::
:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibigloria:
:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibijaina:

Final Score
MD 4-0 Jody Salerno

GGs d00d, and good luck in the future!
As compensation, have a Laharl laugh
D1_Laharl_05_Bust

6 Likes

cuphead

“A good day for a swell battle!”

Cuphead (SirHandsome) VS Eileen the Crow (ArthurWynne)

THE RESULTS: (4-0)

:psfist: :gloria: vs :grave: :knockdown:
:psfist: :gloria: vs :midori: :knockdown:
:psfist: :gloria: vs :persephone: :knockdown:
:psfist: :gloria: vs :persephone: :knockdown:

Score…4
Comebacks…2
Perfects…0
Grade…B

“Knockout!”

10 Likes

UTRALAW 4-3 @SouthpawHare

It was a very dry and hot Thursday night when Crassus appear before me. I only enter this tournament to test my blade and skill. To see how far i have improve. To my surprise i face a top seeder from last years tournament.
My excitement grew as i ponder what sort of duel we would have. What should be my opening move to him! How should i play this out? The thrill of having a intense duel washes over me…and he did not disappoint.

:menelker::pschip::psfist::gwen: Both under 10 health final decision to Q or not to Q…i chose poorly and lost first blood.
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::gwen: The previous lost had me in a rage i let him dictate the game and lost soundly
:degrey::psfist::pschip::gwen: i try to calm my mind and picked an old and familiar friend to help me out this time things went well and i was able to grab a win.
:degrey::psfist::pschip::zane: A big turning point my confident was riding high and i was drawing good he fought hard to keep me from getting him down to zero. But i felt his hand was a little under powered and took the chance to throw him a lot.
:degrey::psfist::pschip::codexrook: While the switch was a surprise the match up was not. i have had a good amount of practice with the rock man and was able to give him a good bunk or two to close out the game.
:degrey::pschip::psfist::degrey: After so many Q and AA to the face my opponent said Fuk- it! and let me have a taste of my own Bunk
:troq::psfist::pschip::degrey: With this final round i took a min and thought…the old me would have stay in the mirror if nothing else for pride!!! and for the FUN. But i decided to better my odds and went with a pick that i hope would give me a advantage. But things did not go that way as i lost half my health before even doing any damage to him in return. But he went low hand quick and stuck for option while i landed a big super and was able to end it with some dodges.

GGS SouthpawHare i hope i get to play you again soon

8 Likes

Fluffy 4-2 @Rinzler

:persephone::pschip::psfist::rook: I’m winning but then play a throw into his AA, and the I die. Cause I have no health as Perse.
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::rook: Easy win after I hit him with a Surgical Strike.
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::rook: 3 hp comeback. Rinzler eats a KJ+++ to end at -1 hP.
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::rook: I get hit by a CMB. But luckily I had acro in hand, which is apparently Ven’s only redeeming factor. Rinzlere eats a KJ+++ to end at -1 hP.
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::rook: Yeah, Ven has no redeeming factors.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::rook: Block to build up my hand and kill Rook in 3 combos.

GGs Rinzler, let’s meet again for the 4th time.

6 Likes

There are only 5 matches in your report. :open_mouth:

1 Like

hmm

Looks like there was another Ven game.

Must have blocked it from my memory.

2 Likes

Very fun games, Fluffiness.

Definitely forgot about Ven’s acro and it made me very, very sad.

2 Likes

Bob199 :ps4gem: : :ps3gem: snoc

:codexzane: OOOXXX :codexsetsuki:
:codexzane: XXOO :codexsetsuki:
:codextroq: XO :codexsetsuki:
:codexonimaru: OX :codexsetsuki:

ggs snoc

4 Likes

ggs! First three games were very spooky, just got completely Zane obliterated. Then the symbiote finally melded with my body and my shiny metal tentacles took the anarchist down. Final game started well then I threw into two 10s in a row and died because Setsuki has no hitpoints.

No video this time unfortunately.

2 Likes

???

I don’t see how this applies to any character on either side of Bob’s report…

am Monster-Ock, all about them gribbles

3 Likes

Ah, right. Forgot about the role-playing. Carry on!

Hamvvar has dropped from the Tournament. Shax advances.

Ivan vs CKR - 4:2
:lum::pschip::psfist::zane:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::zane:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::zane:
:setsuki::psfist::psfist::psfist::pschip::pschip::pschip::zane:
ggs, mate

5 Likes