Rules Questions thread

each skeletal lord bonus is applied, yes.

I have a question on Hero level ups. Assume I am the active player with all 3 heroes in play. My opponent also has all 3 heroes in play - none of them are at max level yet.

I suicide attack one of my heroes into one of his patrolling units and my hero dies.

Does the +2 level trigger for my opponent’s hero during my turn?

If so, as active player, do I choose which of my opponents heroes gets the +2 levels?

Thank you.

1 Like

yes to both your questions.

4 Likes

Can Zane’s maxband opt not to move a patroller, let’s say if it’s already on technician and you want to draw a card?

no, is a mandatory effect. Remember the “u must do as much as u can” rule.

So here’s an edge case. If I use Arrest to sideline and exhaust Rampaging Elephant, does it get to unexhaust after being sidelined because the card says it unexhausts once per turn?

The first time Rampaging Elephant exhausts each turn, ready him. (He can attack again!)

That looks correct - he still gets sidelined, but will be able to attack (twice) on his controller’s next turn.

3 Likes

How does Temporal Distortion interact with Gigadon’s cost reduction ability? If I have three Squirrels in play, and try to use Temporal Distortion on Gigadon, what cost of unit can I get from my Codex?

9 or less. Gigadon always costs 9, except when you are actually paying gold to play him from your hand as a game-rule based action.

1 Like

Question about the Sentry ruling presented here: Codex Card Database | Sentry

[Quote=Sentry Text]
Prevent the first damage per turn that a spell or ability would deal to one of your patrollers. [/quote]

[quote=Tower Ability]
Detects stealth/invisible once per turn. Deals 1 damage to each attacker (that it can see).[/quote]

So what obscure interaction am I missing that allows you to get a Tower to damage things that are in your patrol zone so that Sentry’s ability can apply? Does Kidnapping really allow something to attack you without actually pulling it out of your patrol zone ? Or is that just a really misworded reminder that the Tower counts as “an ability” tacked on to a card which will never have a relevant interaction?

Also, in the course of researching this, I had to note that point 86 here: Codex rulings - Google Sheets may be wrong. I thought a Tower did hit attackers which were attacking things controlled by your partner in 2-headed dragon mode, but that ruling in the google doc and the rulebook’s insistence that “you” is singular for 2-H-D mode means that it your tower does not provide cover fire for any of your partner’s cards, tokens or buildings, other than the base you jointly control.

There’s no interaction like that.

1 Like

Line 86 is specifically clarifying for free for all mode, line 81 is the ruling to follow for two headed dragon.

As for sentry, it’s probably a relic of sentry preventing damage to units instead of patrollers.

If I break someone’s Tech 3 and Tech 1, they can rebuild both buildings on their next turn, correct?

Yep.
(stupid character limit what kind of idiot forum software is this anyway)

3 Likes

When you sacrifice a hero to Omegacron, does an opposing hero level up? And is the sacrificed hero ineligible for return?

Yes, because the hero dies, so all the rules for that still apply.

1 Like

1 question: Can I remove Moment’s peace tru card effects? Let’s say Zarramonde’s ability?
if I destroy Moment’s peace, can my units then attack?

Moment’s Peace is not an ongoing spell. It is cast then discarded, and the effects last until the caster’s next turn.
So in short, no, you cannot.You just have to live with it.

Oh no. So you really can be lockdown with it. lol. That’s why Balance is one of the Top tier specs?
Thanks

Question from Twitter: Is Temporal Distortion “a unit (of the same tech level) and (the same cost or less)” or “a unit of (the same tech level and the same cost) or less”?

Can you fetch a unit of a lower tech level with Temporal Distortion?

https://twitter.com/Sniffnoy/status/784208660436246528