Rules Questions thread

Yes, although only Arg, Quince, and Blooming Ancient are examples of such.

I didn’t know that blooming ancient was a hero.

3 Likes

He’s the hero of the Squirrels spec, of course!

7 Likes

Cutest spec NA.

2 Likes

Hi !
In a PBF game my opponent has 0 gold and Zane on board and I have an Overeager Cadet in Lookout.
Zane maxbands, does the shove/damage effect triggers and resist 1 do nothing ?

I suppose that it works like that, but I don’t understand much what “do as much as you can” means.

I mean, if I have 1 gold I can’t Boot Camp an opponent’s unit in Lookout slot.
But if I have 0 gold, can I use abilities on it, such as Drill Sergeant or Zane’s maxband ?

In which situations Resist prevents the opponent to target ?

He cannot use it on the Overeager Cadet. If you cannot pay 1 gold, you cannot target something with Resist 1.

2 Likes

So it will just whiff? The way it’s written, it sounds very non optional. And it’s not like I had a choice if I want to play this ability.

I just want to learn to read future such things more readily.

Yeah if there are no other units to use it on it will do nothing.

2 Likes

Thinking about it … If I maxband Vandy, have no gold left and their only tech 0 or I unit has resist:

• one of my tech 0 or I units will get +2/+2, doomed
  • their unit won’t

Correct?

That’s correct.

1 Like

Just to make sure I’m not misinterpreting things here, Marauder always has haste, and Boost just lets him trash a worker, right?

Yes, he always has haste.

1 Like

I think EricF was mentioning Blooming Ancient because it has a trigger off the arrival of a hero. No other units have such an arrival trigger related to heroes.

If Zane maxbands and the Patrol Zone is full … according to “do as much as you can” I would target a unit, not move it but deal 1 damage.

Is that correct?

1 Like

Yes, that is correct.

4 Likes
  1. When building a tech 2 building, can I summon a second hero in the same turn or do I have to wait for the next turn (when the construction of the tech building has finished)?
  2. If a building card gets destroyed (such as Verdant Tree, Morningstar Pass, etc.), does that players base take 2 damage?
  3. Can an attacker with Obliterate “redeclare” its attack target in the middle of the attack swing if the original target got destroyed by the Obliterate effect? This might happen if the opponent’s SQL is the lowest tech unit.
  1. You have to wait.
  2. No, your base does not take damage.
  3. Yes, you must attack something else if the thing you are attacking leaves play because of obliterate.
2 Likes

Oh! Why is that?

Base only takes damage if Tech buildings or Add-Ons are destroyed.

2 Likes

If an opponent is patrolling two units against my mid-band Rook, but one of them has flying, does it still prevent Rook from walking past the non-flying patroller?