Rules Questions thread

When injunction is cast on enemy tech ii, can he still bring a second hero ?

Nope. It’s as if the building is destroyed.

1 Like

Question about wandering mimic and how it interacts with Invisible units. Invisible makes a unit untargetable and stealthy, does mimic gain untargetable and stealth? We ended up at “no” but I want to make sure the reasoning follows: invisible things don’t “have” untargetable or stealth, they just act like things that have those abilities because they are invisible?

Okay, so Invisible explicitly doesn’t give the 'Stealth" keyword, so that seems cut and dry: Invisible things don’t give Mimic Stealth. But, the wording is less clear on ‘Untargetable’. Should Mimic have Untargetable as long as Mimic’s opponent doesn’t have a detector?

1 Like

Near the end in your latest youtube match, I think your opponent played a second hero despite being injunction’d

@mysticjuicer
58:00
Actually it was tech2 destroyed tech1 injunction’d
So yea error in playing second hero while tech2 is destroyed.
But good to know that that would also be error if tech2 was just injunction’d

It’s very likely that’s true, but that would be an error.

Invisible units don’t have the untargetable ability, they are just untargetable “to opponent’s” as part of the invisible ability. Untargetable functions noticeably differently from Invisible.

3 Likes

Wandering Mimic is looking specifically for certain key words like “haste” and “stealth”. It doesn’t matter what effects invisibility tends to grant to the unit that has it; invisibility is not one the Wondering Mimics key words so it cannot copy it. Therefore, Wondering Mimic would not get any of the benefits of an ability it can’t copy.

3 Likes

Does Plague Lab duplicate Grave’s sword rune? The language is pretty open ended on Plague Lab, but that seems like an incredibly powerful ability to get essentially a free one every turn.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t either! I was playing last night and my brother busted out that combo; it just seems really strong for a two card combo.
Also, (and this is mostly me complaining because I lost to it ^^; ) it doesn’t seem to at all match the “lore” of the card. Yeah, spreading -1/-1 runes is exactly what a lab dedicated to plagues would do, but creating copies of magic swords? I just don’t know; I personally think it might be better just affecting -1/-1 and +1/+1 runes.

It is in fact a legal combo. It can be potent, but since it requires both a maxband hero and spending 3 gold on a tech II that can’t patrol there are several ways to disrupt it.

2 Likes

Cool beans, thanks very much!

1 Like

2 part question. 1. Mirror image copies an opponents card that was being buffed by another card “all units you control get say bonus”. Does mirror image apply say bonus or just the base card as it’s pulled from the codex? 2. When you take control of another players units. Could u sacrifice it freely or would you need a card requesting you to sacrifice a unit, and could that even still work since you don’t own it? “Sorry not in front of my cards and can’t give examples of the cards we used”

1 Like

You can only sacrifice things if you have a card that lets you do so.

Check the Quince entry at codexcarddb.com for the answer to the mirror question.

2 Likes

Thanks. Got my answer to the mirror question. Still hunting if I can sacrifice an opponents unit I take control of with a card requesting a sacrifice be made.

You can absolutely sacrifice a unit that you have taken control of.

One example that I had fun using: I had Drakk and Orpal in play, and I kidnapped an opposing unit, than sacrificed it to Orpal’s Midband.

2 Likes

Do this on an opponent bone collector, use him to kill a unit a gain a skeleton, then sacrifice him to kill another unit with minus rune
I am sure a trophy will pop up

3 Likes

No, I got a trophy when I kidnapped an opposing bone collector and killed it into my own graveyard. I am a big fan of kidnapping.

5 Likes

Wait, why would an opponent’s unit that you control go to your Graveyard? Don’t units go to their owner’s discard?

edit: Seems like Graveyard isn’t explicitly clear if “your units” means “units you control” or “units you own.” I suspect it probably means units you own?

“You always means controller. The rare things that affect Owner will say so.”

1 Like