RACE #3: Marto (Mono Purple) vs. Jude ([Disease]/Present/Growth)

I feel like you are starting to widen the gap. Having to not worker that one turn hurt me. Is it better to worker and let your tech 1 die and rebuild it? You’ll have to share your thoughts when this is over.

T7:

[details=Hand]Fading Argonaut (disc), Temporal Distorsion, Now, Seer, Seer
Topmost card: Now! (drawn with Hyperion)
New topdeck: Hyperion[/details]

Collect 10 gold (10)
Vir peeks at my topmost card
Stewardess trades with Imp
Hyperion deals 5 to your base (now having 11 hp left). I draw a card
Vir peeks at my new topmost card
Maxband Vir, forecasting a super Mech token (6)
Seer, removes a time rune from the Mech token (5)
Seer, removes the last time rune from Mech token (4)
Now! on Seer #1 (3)
Now! on Seer #2 (2)
Vir, Geiger and both Seer deal 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 11 tp your base

GG !
@EricF

That hurts, next turn is probably game. My tech 1 took one earlier that I forgot to mark, so I didn’t have a lot of options this turn other than giving you a free hero kill.

P2T5

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Polymorph Squirrel
Argonaut

STARTING HAND
Deteriorate
Sickness
Abombination
Thieving Imp 2/2

WORKERS
Skeleton Javelineer
Skeletal Archery
Pestering Haunt
Sacrifice the Weak

NextHand

Cursed Crow
Summon Skeletons
Plague Lab
Graveyard
Plague Spitter 3/3

Discard

Plague Spitter 3/3 + a
Deteriorate
Abombination
Sickness
Polymorph Squirrel
Argonaut

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
Rebuild Tech 1
Thieving Imp - ($5) You Discard

Float ($5)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Thieving Imp 3/2
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]

[B]Buildings:[/B]

• :heart: Base HP: 16
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 6
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 5
  • Workers: 9

Ok, the turns got a little confused here (@Marto accidentally edited his previous turn instead of making a new post), and it looks like we’re missing Marto’s Turn 5 altogether. @Jude what’s your understanding of where the game is at?

My turn numbers got behind some where. Looks like my turn 4 still says turn 3. That wasn’t something I was paying attention to when I was posting them.

It was his turn next and it looks like his turn 7 just edited over his turn 6 which is fine because that was game anyway. I would have called it last night but I just wanted to see how he would finish me off.

I definitely feel like we played the turns in the right order and nobody skipped any.

@Marto I am curious what you have to say about the first few turns and any obvious mistakes you see or what other advice you might have to give me.

Jude has it right - we played our turns in the right order, but Jude’s turn counter shifted on turn 4.

As for my turn 6 I fear I totally deleted it…

@Jude I feel like you really wanted to play Thieving Imp, but maybe it wasn’t that a good option. Playing Summon Skeletons this soon is generally a bad idea, but it was probably your least worst option on T2, as Jandra is terrible against Purple (because of Stewardess) and you had no other choice to patrol.
Having summoned Garth on Turn 1, created a token and played Skeleton Javelineer would’ve offered you a cheap yet efficient wall, especially if you build a Tower on turn 2 (eg Tech I, Tower, Pestering Haunt, Skeleton token). Or you forget Tower and summon even more Skeletons…