Persephone (Monowhite) v. mdn1111 (Future/Law/Growth)

Good game!

I thought that since Law was the only spec in common between the two games that you really wanted to try using Law things. The early turns when you mysteriously banked a ton of gold - I thought you were going to drop 7g on Bigby + Community Service to get T1/T2 units without making your teck building. So I teched more spells than I probably should have. I was also expecting Judgement Day / Rewind (and completely forgot about Origin Story until you played it), so that also pushed me more towards heroes.

That, and my screwup with Entangling Vines led to me losing T2 the turm I drew Mind-Parry Monk to stop the Origin Stories. (I teched the Lightning Dragon first, because I figured if you stole it I could chump-block it with birds forever & forgot that Origin Story existed.)

What I’m trying to figure out with White is what to do when being attacked. White’s starter just has nothing going for it on defense, all the spells & abilities only work if you’re attacking. The T1 units are weird in that it’s hard to tech 2 of anything - Boulder as a defense strategy fails really hard against Forgotten Fighter, and Inverse Power Ninja can’t be played with Bird’s Nest. It’s basically just Rook. None of the 12 non-ultimate spells do anything against ground units attacking you, either.

Yeah, that was definitely the idea at the beginning. I added Past (rather than Future) pretty much entirely for Origin Story, and the original goal was to synergize Hardened Mox with Judgment Day. But I had just been so thoroughly obliterated by your Rook last game that I Origin Story’d as soon as I could, and then I seemed to be able to keep you on the backfoot. The Judgment Day stuff was my plan until it became clear that you weren’t going to swarm me with units.

I see what you mean about the lack of non-Rook defense. I also found very comforting the total lack of haste and near-lack of pump - I was able to end each turn confident in Pryn’s survival, even without any particularly strong defense. On the other hand, last game I never really felt like I had a chance once I got behind.

Anyway, would you be interested in another game? If so, you can pick if you’d rather go first or second.

I’ve been playing two games concurrently, I think I should drop down to one b/c of other time commitments.

No worries! Thanks for the pair, it was fun and very informative